678 users online (85 members and 593 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ELOC, have you thought of freelancing for mainstream media on this case?

ELOCsoul is offline Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"
    Quote Originally Posted by arkayo View Post
    ELOC, have you thought of freelancing for mainstream media on this case?
    Well I've actually worked with 9-10 journalists in the last few months. Most is just background info and bouncing ideas, etc, which is totally fine, and actually what I prefer. My frustration lies in that media was inattentive to so many clues over the years, and now they are more concerned with heeding threats of losing access to certain people for interviews. It's comical really, that there are investigative reporters who cannot investigate their way out of a paper bag, and instead drum up dramatic stories and overlook the simple, plain facts.

Yes, that's a frustrating but common thing with journalism these days.

Reading microfiche is awful . I relate to the giant headache.

It is so weird that Joy took an adverserial stance. I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Reading microfiche is awful . I relate to the giant headache.

It is so weird that Joy took an adverserial stance. I wonder why?
    Maybe she hoped to write a book also?

Eloc gave her the notes with the Hart interview, right? He gave her so much info . Why the ooen hostility when the goal was to find Jacob?

I wonder if she did anything special with the info Eloc gave her that we have not heard about? Has she been able to interview Heinrich or his rellies or neighbors?

Quote Originally Posted by shergal View Post
    Maybe she hoped to write a book also?
    Except because she is working with the family, she respected their wishes not to do one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post
    Except because she is working with the family, she respected their wishes not to do one?
    Last I heard she was doing a book. One of the guys from Cold Spring who used to post here mentioned it a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by shergal View Post
    Last I heard she was doing a book. One of the guys from Cold Spring who used to post here mentioned it a while ago.
    Ok well hopefully she can still go forward with it despite Elocs books.

I imagine she has to do a total rewrite as she thought it was Hart who did it.

I wonder why she did not grasp the significance of the notes that Eloc gave her and went down the Hart path?

Why "despite"? Many authors often write on the same subject, from different perspectives.

There is no reason she could not write her own book, although she did state on her blog that she was not writing a book. Our writing perspectives and styles are very different. I go with the straight ahead matter of fact approach to the overall investigation and history of the case, while Joy tended to focus on victims and the emotional appeal of the case. Not saying one way is right or wrong, because ultimately that is determined by the reader, and by history. We just have different styles and objectives.

And again, I'll reiterate that the need for the book was rooted in the fact that no one was listening to what was being found. Not the reporters, not Stearns, and not Joy. Yes, the notes pretty clearly pointed to Heinrich as the likely perp in Jared's case as well as Jacob's, and I twice suggested Heinrich to her as the perp, per the Hart notes and conversations with Larry Peart. She was zeroed in and Hart and the media followed suit. Based on the feedback fr Stearns it appeared they were zeroed in on Rassier.

The huge problem with emotional attachments is that it tends to lead the beholder in a single direction and kind of a tunnel vision approach. People see what they want to see and they let their emotional involvement affect and direct their processing of information. We've seen it several times in this case.
    Last edited by ELOCsoul; 04-04-2016 at 07:25 PM.

Yes ELOC several posters here as well as local LE got that tunnel vision.

Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    There is no reason she could not write her own book, although she did state on her blog that she was not writing a book. Our writing perspectives and styles are very different. I go with the straight ahead matter of fact approach to the overall investigation and history of the case, while Joy tended to focus on victims and the emotional appeal of the case. Not saying one way is right or wrong, because ultimately that is determined by the reader, and by history. We just have different styles and objectives.

And again, I'll reiterate that the need for the book was rooted in the fact that no one was listening to what was being found. Not the reporters, not Stearns, and not Joy. Yes, the notes pretty clearly pointed to Heinrich as the likely perp in Jared's case as well as Jacob's, and I twice suggested Heinrich to her as the perp, per the Hart notes and conversations with Larry Peart. She was zeroed in and Hart and the media followed suit. Based on the feedback fr Stearns it appeared they were zeroed in on Rassier.

The huge problem with emotional attachments is that it tends to lead the beholder in a single direction and kind of a tunnel vision approach. People see what they want to see and they let their emotional involvement affect and direct their processing of information. We've seen it several times in this case.
    So DR is basically a non issue at this point and Heinrich is definitely the perp. Now that the beef with LE is out there, whats next?

So DR is basically a non issue at this point and Heinrich is definitely the perp. Now that the beef with LE is out there, whats next?
    I'm not ready to rule out that there was an accessory after the fact, someone that knows where Jacob is. But IMO DR should be cleared.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast