1067 users online (235 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

UT - Daniel Brown, 34, Iron County, 28 March 2016

Search is on for missing man who left stranded family to find help in snowy Iron County mountains

Daniel Michael Brown and his family were driving along a mountain road Monday afternoon when their van got stuck near Kane Springs. While his wife stayed with their four children, Brown left to find help, according to the Iron County Sheriff's Office.
    van.jpg

http://fox13now.com/2016/03/29/iron-...-near-parowan/

From the link above :

On Tuesday, Brown had not returned to his family. At that time, Brown’s wife called for help.

Um... if she was able to call out, why didn't they do that right away?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's weird.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I wonder if something else is going on here.

"They lived in Cedar City. The subject just recently lost his job so they've been living in the vehicle. They came out yesterday afternoon and ended up getting stuck while trying to locate a camp site," Schlosser said.
    http://kutv.com/news/local/search-fo...-southern-utah

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    I wonder if something else is going on here.

Well, if they were living in the van anyway, the mother might have just decided it was as good a place as any to spend the night and put the kids to bed.

The family was found by the help of a GPS signal that was obtained from the 911 call.

When deputies found Brown's wife and their children, the car was not running and the family was cold, but healthy.

--

Brown left the vehicle and his family around 4 p.m. Monday.

Brown's wife called the police Tuesday morning around 10:20 a.m. when her husband still had not returned.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=39104765&nid=148
    Last edited by JerseyGirl; 03-30-2016 at 08:06 AM.

some things don't add up, WHY either one of them didn't use the phone on Monday at 4:00 p.m., rather than Daniel stepping out of his vehicle and looking for help without a jacket and wearing tennis shoes?!? How do you sleep until 10:30 in the morning with 4 kids in the car stranded in a snowstorm?

(Brown) recently lost his job and they have been homeless for about a week.

more background on the phone situation:

When Brown’s wife woke and realized her husband had not returned she used his cell phone to call for help at approximately 10:30 a.m.; she didn’t know her husband had left the phone behind until that morning when she looked in the console.

When he left the vehicle, authorities said he was wearing a blue t-shirt, blue jeans and tennis shoes.

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/arc.../#.VvvCPdIrLAU

This entire situation makes no sense at all.
    If you've lost your job and have been homeless for a week, WHY do you head out onto dirt roads in the snowy mountains?
    No relatives, no friends?
    In Cedar City, there are are services to help them.
    In St George, about 60 miles south, it's a warm climate with many services (and jobs).

I agree with others who think something else was going on. You can't live out there.

In addition to all the strange things others have mentioned, did anyone notice the missing poster says his place of birth is "unknown." His wife doesn't know where he was born? They're married, have 4 kids with the oldest being 11 years old, and in all that time she never asked? Surely he produced a birth certificate to get the marriage license? Surely that information is on the birth certificates of their children, as well?

Well, if she thought he had the cell phone, at least her side of it makes sense.

Him, however...

Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    This entire situation makes no sense at all.
    If you've lost your job and have been homeless for a week, WHY do you head out onto dirt roads in the snowy mountains?
    No relatives, no friends?
    In Cedar City, there are are services to help them.
    In St George, about 60 miles south, it's a warm climate with many services (and jobs).

I agree with others who think something else was going on. You can't live out there.
    I can only speak for myself in a nearby state, but when I needed housing desperately, the shortest wait for EMERGENCY housing was 8 WEEKS. For emergency housing. Two. Months. There tends to be a lot more need than there is resources. I didn't have a car to sleep in. I can't imagine how scary that would be for an entire family.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.

I just wonder if the two of them have cooked up a scheme? I'm wondering if he had life insurance?
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Another baffling case it seems. If the snow was so deep they got stuck and help had to hike in to them, then I have two questions.

First if the wife was able to call for help in the morning why didn't the husband call when they first got stuck? I understand she thought that he had taken the phone with him, but if "they" had a cell phone when they got stuck, why not use it then?

Secondly, why did he not have a coat??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Limecat

"Live together, or die alone." Jack Shephard

All posts are jmo.

Sure. I'll bite. How long were they stuck? If he had a phone why leave? Did he leave like on purpose to just leave? No coat!!???

Wtf??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast