1112 users online (235 members and 877 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,536

    Images in post limited to 5 now?

    Curiosity question for those of us who like to use the smileys. Is there a reason our allowance for using images in posts is now limited to five, including what is in any quoted post? If it could go back to 20, it would be appreciated. But if there is a good reason we are limited, we are nosey enough to wonder what that is. Thanks!
    (I couldn't post and couldn't figure out why .... just kept clicking the submit button until I wised up and scrolled up above what I could see on my screen. duhh-mee)
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Curiosity question for those of us who like to use the smileys. Is there a reason our allowance for using images in posts is now limited to five, including what is in any quoted post? If it could go back to 20, it would be appreciated. But if there is a good reason we are limited, we are nosey enough to wonder what that is. Thanks!
    (I couldn't post and couldn't figure out why .... just kept clicking the submit button until I wised up and scrolled up above what I could see on my screen. duhh-mee)
    I'd like to know why smilies have been reduced to five too. I had the same problem posting when I went one or two over. I mean it's not like WS will run out of smilies if we use 20 once in awhile in a spurt of creativity and humor.

    I'm also curious about the 15 minute (?) editing time. We used to have a couple of hours to add additional links or correct punctuation mistakes, etc. Sometimes it helps to have a little more time than 15 minutes or so. Maybe it's easier for mods if we aren't changing posts after they have read them?
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,536
    I haven't encountered the editing time change ....... yet. guarantee you, I will soon. I am constantly having to fix auto correct errors that I don't catch quick enough. thanks for the heads up, Lilebet.

    It seems we used to get a warning when things like these would be changing. I don't ever know where to look for these posts about "in general issues" any more. Is Forum Finesse the right place for these now?
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,318
    I will add my question regarding the Search feature here on WS. It use to be when one typed in the box, many replies would be returned directing you to an exact page where that information could be found.

    Several days ago in searching for something, the return was the the entire thread! That response is of no help as I know my selected words were not on every page. I did try using different terminology to no avail. Has there been a major change?
    Last edited by 1&2&3; 03-30-2016 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Correct spelling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,273
    I put a link to this thread in the Q&A thread and also sent a pm to Ticya nagging...I mean alerting...her. I wasn't sure this thread would be seen.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    I put a link to this thread in the Q&A thread and also sent a pm to Ticya nagging...I mean alerting...her. I wasn't sure this thread would be seen.

    Can an you give me the link to the Q&A thread, please? I apparently don't know where it is (ETA... found it. thanks again)

    As to your previous post, I never can find a thing by using the search feature. Whole threads are not helpful at all, and that is what I get.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,536
    Re shorter editing time, I found this in the Q&A thread. Bessie, posted # 581 on 3/19/2016:

    I'm afraid so, at least for the time being. You have a very short time span in which you can edit. I believe the current setting is 15 minutes. After one minute, the post will show as being edited (I.e. "last edited by...") beneath the post.


    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,099
    Hi Everyone,

    Sorry for the delay in answering your questions.

    First, you have one hour to edit your posts. Everyone's edit time is exactly the same.

    The reason why we allow one hour is that should be enough time if you are working on a complicated post.

    We have reduced the smilies because if posters use a bunch of smilies it makes it hard to read the post.

    Please understand we are a true crime discussion forum. People come here to read the latest. It's difficult if
    someone is trying to get the facts of a case and they have to keep scrolling down the page to try and find a post that
    gives them pertinent information. A large number of smilies on a post does not indicate the post is useful as far as the facts go.

    Finally, it can affect loading time (depending on your browser) if you have a bunch of smilies on a page.

    Thanks everyone,
    Tricia
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    9,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    Sorry for the delay in answering your questions.

    First, you have one hour to edit your posts. Everyone's edit time is exactly the same.

    The reason why we allow one hour is that should be enough time if you are working on a complicated post.

    We have reduced the smilies because if posters use a bunch of smilies it makes it hard to read the post.

    Please understand we are a true crime discussion forum. People come here to read the latest. It's difficult if
    someone is trying to get the facts of a case and they have to keep scrolling down the page to try and find a post that
    gives them pertinent information. A large number of smilies on a post does not indicate the post is useful as far as the facts go.

    Finally, it can affect loading time (depending on your browser) if you have a bunch of smilies on a page.

    Thanks everyone,
    Tricia
    BBM

    Thanks so much Tricia. I wonder if there was a sporadic glitch for awhile that shortened the edit time to 15-20 minutes temporarily. I'm glad it's an hour, but I did have a couple of posts in the past few weeks that wouldn't let me edit after a short time. Others had the problem too. I'm so glad that's not the "new normal." I can't always think that fast!

    I understand about the smilies. Thanks.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

    DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,536
    I agree with everything said by the previous post made by Lilibet. Thank you for sharing this, Tricia. It helps to know when changes have been made. Much appreciate your time and efforts!
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Posts
    22,099
    Yes, we will do our best to keep you updated in Forum Finesse. Also look for the announcements at the top of each forum and the "Notice". It is at the top of each page in the middle. We make announcements in both those places as far as anythng changing on Websleuths.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    I haven't encountered the editing time change ....... yet. guarantee you, I will soon. I am constantly having to fix auto correct errors that I don't catch quick enough. thanks for the heads up, Lilebet.

    It seems we used to get a warning when things like these would be changing. I don't ever know where to look for these posts about "in general issues" any more. Is Forum Finesse the right place for these now?
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

    CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

    OR










  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,755
    OMG I'm loving the new look!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    OMG I'm loving the new look!

    Me, too! Nice work, TRICIA AND WS
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011