OH OH - Anita Taylor, 20, Springfield, 29 Oct 1966

rccook555

Reaction score
http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Files/Law-Enforcement/Investigator/Cold-Case/Homicides/Taylor-(6)

Taylor, Anita, 20, On October 29, 1966, at approximately 1:35 am. Mrs. Taylor was found on her bedroom floor at 415 Ludlow Avenue. Mrs. Taylor was found by her husband as he returned from work. Mrs. Taylor had been severely beaten and appeared to have been raped. Her 18 month old baby was in a separate bedroom and was badly beaten. The back door of the residence was ajar. The baby would later recover from his physical injuries. Mrs. Taylor was pronounced dead of her injuries upon arrival at a local hospital. Mrs. Taylor’s family needs closure to this brutal tragedy.

50 years this coming Saturday-R.I.P.

Mrs. Taylor had been severely beaten and appeared to have been raped.

I wonder if a vaginal swab was taken at the time, or if the clothes she was wearing when attacked have been stored securely.

ETA that I see DNA tests have been undertaken and the results are awaited.

The husband stated, “she’s been beaten and raped.” He did not cover the exposed body of his wife. Is that a man thing? Or was he just the kind of man who couldn’t deal with it?
I may be so used to hearing and reading the husband did it, but it’s difficult for me to understand him leaving her uncovered and not taking his son with him when he went to call the police.
It also bothers me that he didn’t raise his son. I suppose he could have been wanting to comfort his in-laws with their son’s presence?
He had another child 2 years later, he had remarried. I don’t understand.
I haven’t read everything ... maybe my opinion will change. I hear there might be DNA to test. ‍♀️

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost launches BCI Cold Case Unit

The unit has adopted two cases highlighted this year in The Enquirer's Backstory series: the 1966 slaying of Anita Taylor and the 1978 strangulation of Cheryl Thompson.

Aaron Taylor, who was about 18 months old when his mother was fatally beaten 54 years ago, said he was invited to meet with representatives from the new unit a few months ago.

"Everything associated with the case, they'd scanned it," Taylor said recently. "They seemed like they were very together."

Live now, so if you watch later you'll have to skip to the discussion. It's the first cold case discussed.

“We can make a difference, even when years have passed since a murder or sexual assault,” Attorney General Dave Yost said when announcing the unit’s mission. “Consider how DNA testing advances have unmasked, time and time again, violent criminals who got away with living among us for too long.”

One case the unit, along with the Springfield Police Division, is working to solve is the homicide of Anita Taylor, 20, who was found beaten and apparently raped at her home at 415 Ludlow Ave. in Springfield on Oct. 29, 1966.

Detective Ron Jordan of the Springfield Police Division is working on the case.

“I’m excited. I know we’re looking at a case here that’s 54 years old. Several detectives within our agency have looked at the case over 50-plus years, so I’m excited about being a part of this,” Jordan said. “I’m excited to have the opportunity to investigate this case for Aaron Taylor and his family and I think the family deserves some answers. Hopefully between our agency and BCI, we can hopefully give him and his family the answers they’ve been looking for for so long.”
Ohio cold case unit looking into 1966 unsolved homicide of Springfield woman

I wonder if they took carpet samples. As well as finger prints off the crib, If you are leaning into a crib you would leave something on it. Also wonder if they have resubmitted evidence for testing and are using the genealogy.

I wonder what happened with the DNA testing? Should have heard something by now. Someone posted that two years later the husband fathered another child, that was born two years later correct? It does seem odd that in a year and three months or so he would have met someone got married and had another kid.

I wonder what happened with the DNA testing? Should have heard something by now. Someone posted that two years later the husband fathered another child, that was born two years later correct? It does seem odd that in a year and three months or so he would have met someone got married and had another kid.
I did see they collected DNA from the father that was not a match. But you would think they would have a home phone that he wouldn't have to run to the bar where the people who dropped him off at home were to call 911. Wonder if they DNA tested friends of the dad.

Anita Taylor was a new mother at 20 when she was bludgeoned to death in Springfield, Ohio, on October 1966. Fifty-four years later, Taylor's slaying remains unsolved. Hers is one of several cases being reinvestigated by the new Cold Case Unit of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations.

Anita Taylor, age 20, Murdered 29 October 1966

LINK:

For the families of victims killed in

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member