Bosma Murder Trial 03.31.16 - Day 28

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: former MillardAir employee Shane Shlatman to testify
CBC News Posted: Mar 31, 2016

shane-schlatman.jpg

The Tim Bosma trial resumes Thursday in Hamilton with the testimony of the last employee on the books at MillardAir, the company owned by Dellen Millard, one of two men accused of murder in the death of Bosma.

On Wednesday, questions about Millard's financial situation dominated much of the testimony after a weeklong break because of legal arguments and Easter holidays.

Follow CBC Hamilton's live coverage starting at 10 a.m. ET

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Court should be starting shortly. We'll begin with Shane Schlatman, who was the last employee on the books at MillardAir.
by Adam Carter 9:58 AM

Good morning - I will post AC's blog for the morning, but I'm not sure if I can continue this afternoon. Will update in this thread.

Back at the Tim Bosma trial today. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:14 AM

For those of you who need a recap of yesterday, read this story:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...llen-millard-s-wealth-again-a-focus-1.3512310
by Adam Carter 9:55 AM

543ac730-35c5-4f24-9fc7-6d13e47c1139.png
A few people have asked me to see the hose mentioned during yesterday's testimony. Here it is.

Court should be starting shortly. We'll begin with Shane Schlatman, who was the last employee on the books at MillardAir.
by Adam Carter 9:58 AM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5m5 minutes ago
Starting with legal arguments in the absence of the jury this morning at the Tim #Bosma murder trial.

Of course we are. Schlatman is the witness. :rolleyes:

Court is now in session. Just waiting on the jury.
by Adam Carter 10:05 AM

Some legal issues going on right now. No jury, so I can't report on what's being said.
by Adam Carter 10:17 AM

Can someone refresh my memory? Did the Crown finish with SS and we are moving to cross, or is the Crown still working on him?

I just now finished reading all the posts from yesterday. A BIG :tyou: to the tweet team and to the members for your useful posts!

Perhaps the reference to a doctor's appt is for MS's mother? It was mentioned in MSM before that he had been caring for his sick Mom.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

MS is "the type of guy who stayed home to take care of his sick mother and dogs."

All MOO.

Can someone refresh my memory? Did the Crown finish with SS and we are moving to cross, or is the Crown still working on him?

That probably depends on how the legal arguments went over the last two days and again this morning. ;)

MOO

I just now finished reading all the posts from yesterday. A BIG :tyou: to the tweet team and to the members for your useful posts!

Perhaps the reference to a doctor's appt is for MS's mother? It was mentioned in MSM before that he had been caring for his sick Mom.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

MS is "the type of guy who stayed home to take care of his sick mother and dogs."

All MOO.

Either way, it probably explains why he was not with DM at all on May 8th and stayed in Oakville for the entire day and evening.

MOO

Now taking a 15 minute recess.
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

Just caught up this morning from yesterday. Huge thanks for those who are on the twitter roll call, it's very helpful in catching up.

The bag of phones is rather curious isn't it? Mentioned, then nothing. Why were they even mentioned??

Just caught up this morning from yesterday. Huge thanks for those who are on the twitter roll call, it's very helpful in catching up.

The bag of phones is rather curious isn't it? Mentioned, then nothing. Why were they even mentioned??

Something like showing the hoses and parading out "the toolbox".....and the explanation is ?????

All little pieces of a bigger puzzle I suppose. Still annoying they were presented that way, lol. I demand order! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie