Religious DVD Mixup

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Utah-based film company will try to maintain its squeaky-clean image by offering compensation to customers who bought the "Sons of Provo" DVD but found "Adored: Diary of a *advertiser censored* Star" inside the case.
Two families reported the problem after purchasing DVDs at Deseret Book stores, which are owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

HaleStorm Entertainment is offering $100 to anyone who mistakenly ended up with the "Adored" DVD instead of "Sons of Provo."

HaleStorm also plans to donate an additional $100 per DVD to CP80, an anti-*advertiser censored* initiative.

"We are committed to producing family friendly entertainment and are devastated that some of the 'Sons of Provo' DVDs out there contain illicit material," Dave Hunter, HaleStorm's president and CEO, said in a statement

"Sons of Provo" is a PG-rated film about the ups and downs of a Mormon boy band. "Adored" is an unrated independent film about a gay *advertiser censored* star's attempt to reconnect with his family.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051005/ap_on_fe_st/dv

Casshew said:
"Sons of Provo" is a PG-rated film about the ups and downs of a Mormon boy band.........
Sounds like gay *advertiser censored* to me.

LOL... I think I'd rather watch Adored
popcorn.gif

IslandGirl, thats an even better option :doh:

:eek:

Uh Oh

*advertiser censored* Star DVD's Put In Religious Movie Packaging

Utah families bought film about *advertiser censored* star.

Salt Lake City, UT -- The Mormon film "Sons of Provo" turned out to be more like son of *advertiser censored*.

Two Utah families say instead of a family film about a religious boy band, the DVD's they bought at bookstores owned by the Mormon church contained the unrated movie, "Adored: Diary of a *advertiser censored*

Hi!

I am merging this mushy with the one Cass posted a few days ago :)

Sheesh, I looked to see if it was posted. Must not have enough coffee yet. :slap:

awwww Its no big deal:)

:clap: nice job on finding the Bizarre News :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back