Found Deceased MS - Cliff Allyn, 16, Vancleave, 28 March 2016 *Arrest*

drjones

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wxxv25.com/2016/03/31/teenager-missing-from-jackson-county/

The Jackson County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the community’s help in locating a Vancleave teenager who went missing Wednesday afternoon.
Sixteen-year-old Cliff Allyn was last seen around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon on Jim Ramsey Road in Vancleave. Authorities say he was playing basketball with friends shortly before he disappeared. Allyn is about 5’7” and weighs around 115 pounds.

http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/counties/jackson-county/article69250382.html

VANCLEAVE -- In a thickly wooded area off a rural road with a few homes scattered along it, authorities found the body of a 16-year-old boy early Thursday evening. Jackson County Sheriff Mike Ezell said officials suspect the teen was victim of a homicide.
Cliff Allyn, a freshman at Vancleave High School, went missing about 2 p.m. Monday.

http://www.wlox.com/story/31615212/body-of-missing-teen-found-in-jackson-co

JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) - Jackson County Sheriff Mike Ezell confirms the body of a missing Vancleave teen was found off Jim Ramsey Rd. around 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Ezell said deputies are treating this as a suspicious death investigation.Deputies who were searching for Cliff Allyn found his body in a wooded area just a few hundred yards from where he was last seen.

http://www.wlox.com/story/31615212/body-of-missing-teen-found-in-jackson-co

JACKSON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) - Jackson County Sheriff Mike Ezell confirms the body of a missing Vancleave teen was found off Jim Ramsey Rd. around 5:30 p.m. Thursday. Ezell said deputies are treating this as a suspicious death investigation.Deputies who were searching for Cliff Allyn found his body in a wooded area just a few hundred yards from where he was last seen.

Over a basketball game? This is just wrong. jmo

you are just speculating eh? or did i miss something?

jmo=just my opinion

There is a question mark after my first sentence.

From your posts, last seen playing basketball 'off Ramsey road' and 'found off Ramsey Road'.

VANCLEAVE -- In a thickly wooded area off a rural road with a few homes scattered along it, authorities found the body of a 16-year-old boy early Thursday evening. Jackson County Sheriff Mike Ezell said officials suspect the teen was victim of a homicide.

Cliff Allyn, a freshman at Vancleave High School, went missing about 2 p.m. Monday.

"He was playing basketball with his two cousins at his grandmother's house and they went in for about 15 minutes and when they came back, he wasn't there," said Delbert Sledge, boyfriend of Allyn's mother, Jennifer Smith.

Allyn's mom reported him missing Wednesday afternoon.

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/counties/jackson-county/article69250382.html#storylink=cpy

seems that the cousin has some mental health issues, he had become violent in the past, stabbing his father
i am on my ipad and cannot get a link but it is under the article about his arrest.

Cousin accused in Vancleave teen's slaying has history of domestic violence

The man accused of killing his cousin in Vancleave pleaded guilty in March to assaulting his father with a knife, according to police incident and arrest records obtained by the Sun Herald.

It was one of two incidents in Gautier that resulted in the arrest of Dexter Mandoza Kelley, 19, of Meridian, on charges accusing him of coming after relatives with weapons.

In one of the two police reports obtained by the Sun Herald that details the two crimes, Kelley's mother told police she had been trying to get her son placed in the East Mississippi State Hospital in Meridian because of a "mental disorder."

Kelley is currently jailed in Jackson County on a charge of murder in the killing of his cousin, Cliff Allyn, 16. Allyn's mother reported him missing Wednesday and Jackson County authorities discovered Allyn's body in a wooded area behind his grandmother's Vancleave home Thursday evening.

The last time Allyn was seen alive, he had been playing basketball with his cousins, one of whom was Kelley.

On March 7, 2016, the Gautier City Court suspended a decision in the case pending Kelley's completion of an anger management course at the Gulf Coast Women's Center for Nonviolence. The course was to be completed by September.

But Kelley was arrested on the murder charge before that would happen.

Argument turns violent

According to the incident report in the domestic violence case, Kelley and his father got into an argument on their way home from a Mardi Gras parade on Feb. 4, 2015.

Kelley was driving, with his father in the passenger seat, the incident report said, when the vehicle they were in struck a curb and his Kelley's father said, "What the hell, Son?"

His father told police, the report said, that Kelley started arguing with him before pulling out a knife, placing it at the tip of his father's nose and cutting him.

When Kelley's father pulled away from his son, the report said, Kelley cut his dad's right hand.

Gautier police got a call about the incident once the two arrived at Kelley's parent's home on Woodstock Court. The arresting officer said Kelley's father was standing outside the home bleeding from his right hand when authorities arrived.

The Gautier officer said in the report that when he went inside the home, he had his weapon drawn and ordered Kelley to come out with his hands up.

"When he rounded the corner, Dexter had a large knife in his right hand," the report said. The police officer took Kelley into custody after he agreed to throw the knife on a couch and surrender.

The arresting officer talked to Kelley, the report said, and he said his father kept trying to pick a fight with him on the drive home from Mardi Gras festivities. He told the arresting officer he first told his father that he loved him and didn't want to engage in a fight.

But the arguing continued, the report said, and Kelley told his father "that he did not want to have to kill him and that he just wanted him to stop."

Kelley admitted pulling the knife on his father, the report said, but he claimed he didn't remember what happened after that.

Another altercation

In an unrelated incident on June 14, 2015, at the same home, Gautier police arrested Kelley but had to use a Taser to subdue him in order to make the arrest on one count each of misdemeanor disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace.

According to incident report in that case, Kelley got angry when a he placed a dirty dish in the kitchen sink and was asked to clean it.

Kelley, the report said, started yelling and punched his brother in the right side of his head.

Other relatives at the home at the time managed to separate the brothers, the report said, but then Kelley pulled out an 8-inch curved knife and attempted to stab his brother.

Once again, the report says, relatives managed to get he knife away from Kelley, but he then grabbed a pair of scissors off a counter and a 12-inch knife and started waving them around in the direction of his brother and other relatives.

The arresting officer said in the report that Kelley's brother, identified as the victim in the case, did not want to pursue charges against Kelley because of his "mental state."

Kelley's mother, the arrest report said, later police she had been trying to have her son placed in the state mental hospital in Meridian for treatment.

Gautier police took Kelley into custody even though his brother did not want to pursue charges.

When the arresting officer first got to the home, the report said, he said Kelley was holding the 12-inch knife and pointing in the direction of four different relatives, including the brother he had assaulted.

Gautier police ordered Kelley to toss the knife on a pool table. He followed the orders, the report said, but then started backing away from police officers near the pool table where responding officers noticed a samurai sword.

The officers ordered Kelley to get on the ground, but he refused, the report said. Gautier police said they twice used a Taser on Kelley and he finally fell to the ground and was arrested.

Gautier police said in their report that they had to drag Kelley out of the home to place in handcuffs.

Kelley pleaded guilty June 15, 2015, to misdemeanor disturbing the peace and disorderly conduct charges and was ordered to pay $608 in fines, according to Gautier City Court files.

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

From November:

http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/crime/article114708003.html

A Meridian native has pleaded not guilty to a charge of murder in the beating death of his cousin, a Vancleave High School freshman.

A Jackson County grand jury indicted Dexter Mandoza Kelley, 19, on a charge of murder in the March 31 beating death of Cliff Allyn, 16. Kelley had an arraignment on the murder charge earlier his month.

He is tentatively set to go to trial Feb. 21 before Circuit Judge Dale Harkey.

Dexter Kelley sentenced to 40 years for murder of 16-year-old cousin

A little more than two years after the March 30, 2016 murder, Kelley pleaded guilty to second degree murder in the death of his cousin, Cliff Allyn, a Vancleave High School student. Jackson County Judge Dale Harkey sentenced Kelley to the maximum 40 years, day for day, along with a $2,000 fine, all court costs and $250 to the Victim's Compensation Fund.

"This forty-year, day for day sentence puts this defendant in jail until he is 60 years old," said district attorney Tony Lawrence. "He will essentially spend the rest of his life in prison for taking his cousin's life. He killed Cliff for no reason and then hid it from his family and law enforcement.

http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/crime/article207913749.html

"My life has been forever changed by the hands of a monster," Jennifer "Jenny" Smith told Judge Dale Harkey on Thursday before he sentenced her nephew, Dexter Kelley, now 21, for the murder of her son, Cliff Allyn.

For Smith, each day since her son's murder has been a struggle to survive because the pain she feels over the loss of her son is deep and everlasting.

"I can no longer hear the words, 'I love you, Mom,' from my son ... anymore or feel the hugs of happiness or sadness," Smith said Thursday. "I will never be able to see my son grow into the great man I know he would have been. The day my son died, a part of me died with him."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back