1029 users online (214 members and 815 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Mossa Salleh Almasmari, 20, Hamtramck, 29 March 2016

HAMTRAMCK, MI – Macomb College Police and Hamtramck Police are asking the public for help in locating a missing 20-year-old student who resides in Hamtramck.

Mossa Salleh Almasmari was last seen at approximately 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 29, on Macomb Community College’s South Campus in Warren. His silver 2009 Hyundai Elantra was found still parked in a college parking lot.

Almasmari is 5’6”, 125 pounds and was wearing a grey coat, blue plaid shirt, khaki pants, black Air Jordan shoes and carrying a black Nike Air backpack.

Anyone who has seen him or may have information about his whereabouts is urged to contact either the Macomb College Police at 586.445.7135 or the Hamtramck Police at 313.876.7803.

Mossa Salleh Almasmari.jpg

http://www.miheadlines.com/2016/04/0...ssing-student/

How could he vanish on campus? I'm sure the school has security cameras.

Here's a map for Macomb Communituity College.

I wonder where his car was parked? I wish we had more information.

I saw a video interview with an uncle last night that didn't sit right with me. It sounded almost as if he was going to say something and decided not to. I need to try to find it and post for opinions.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    I saw a video interview with an uncle last night that didn't sit right with me. It sounded almost as if he was going to say something and decided not to. I need to try to find it and post for opinions.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/maco...tramck-missing. Video with relative seen here.
    Last edited by gdeyefaith; 04-02-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gdeyefaith View Post

The part that bothered me is at 1:16 in the video. I don't think the family has anything to do with it - It felt to me like the uncle is censoring himself (I don't know if there is a psych issue that might be embarrassing?)
    Last edited by michmi; 04-02-2016 at 12:40 PM.

I happened to have the news on just now and they did an extremely short update, supposedly "no clues" found on/in vehicle and surveillance video has also been reviewed with the same findings.

Macomb Community College student from Hamtramck missing
    Sunday, 04.03.2016, 05:46 PM

A little new information: "Mossa Salleh Almasmari, 20, was last seen on campus, where he attended an 11 a.m. class. . . Almasmari was born and raised in Hamtramck to a Yemeni American family. He has no criminal record or known enemies, according to the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee."

The article also mentions that earlier this year, a young Iraqi American from Dearborn went missing at Belle Isle, and was later found dead in the Detroit River.

This article was previously posted. There's an insightful comment from a staff member of his former high school.
    Last edited by byo; 04-04-2016 at 02:06 PM.

New picture.

Vigil for #FINDMOSSA Tuesday, 2pm Macomb Community College.

ADC- Michigan

By all accounts, he lived a very structured life including a regular daily check in with his family never later than 11pm. In the early morning of Wednesday March 30, Mossa's extended family drove to Macomb County College to retrace his route and noticed his car still parked in the student parking lot. They opened the vehicle and none of his belongings including his back pack were in the car. He attended class at 11 AM and was last seen on campus at 1:35 pm. He was scheduled to attend a 6 PM class that evening which was canceled. Mossa's family has indicated that he usually spends his Tuesday break between classes at the college library.

Quote Originally Posted by byo View Post
    Macomb Community College student from Hamtramck missing
    Sunday, 04.03.2016, 05:46 PM

A little new information: "Mossa Salleh Almasmari, 20, was last seen on campus, where he attended an 11 a.m. class. . . Almasmari was born and raised in Hamtramck to a Yemeni American family. He has no criminal record or known enemies, according to the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee."

The article also mentions that earlier this year, a young Iraqi American from Dearborn went missing at Belle Isle, and was later found dead in the Detroit River.

This article was previously posted. There's an insightful comment from a staff member of his former high school.
    It's heartbreaking that certain members of our society are so intolerant that the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee feels compelled to release a statement saying that a missing college student doesn't have a criminal record.

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    It's heartbreaking that certain members of our society are so intolerant that the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee feels compelled to release a statement saying that a missing college student doesn't have a criminal record.
    I don't think anyone thought he had a criminal record in the first place; I'm not seeing the point of them making a statement about it. The unfortunate reality is his religion is going to put a question in people's minds as to whether radicalization has occurred here (at least until some evidence that foul play or self-harm comes to light).

Missing Hamtramck man's car found on college campus
    April 5 2016
    Snipped...
    ..."We are asking people to continue awareness campaign using the hashtag #FindMossa," said attorney Fatina Abdrabboh of the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee Michigan regional office. "Please use social media to find Mossa."

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...17559116-story

ETA: [video @ link]
    Last edited by tarabull; 04-06-2016 at 12:31 AM.

Almasmari is 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighs about 125 pounds and was wearing a grey coat, blue plaid shirt, khaki pants, black Air Jordan shoes and was carrying a black Nike Air backpack.

hashtag: #FindMossa

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...17559116-story

The Arab American News
    nine hours ago

"BREAKING: Mossa Salleh Almasmari, the missing Macomb Community College student from Hamtramck, has been found. He is safe and healthy in Florida. More details to come."

I'm looking for another source.

https://www.facebook.com/DEARBORN-AR...-191709277934/

Yeesh, the community seems kind of mad at the Arab-American News and at the link above

So glad he's been located safely.