1084 users online (241 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MI - Nautika Williams, 17, Detroit, 31 March 2016

DETROIT, MI – Detroit Police are asking the public for help in locating a missing 17-year-old girl.

Nautika Williams was last seen by her mother after she dropped her off at school, Creative Studies, on Thursday, March 31st, 2016 at approximately 8:15 a.m.

She is described as a black female, 17-years-old, 5’2, 120, light complexion with long black curly hair. She was last seen wearing black Nike jacket, black Nike shirt, Gray, “KD” gym shoes.

Nautika is in good physical condition but does suffer from mood disorder. She does have a history of running away.

If anyone has information on Nautika or knows of her whereabouts, they are asked to please call Detroit Police Department 11th Precinct Detective Unit at 313-596-1140.

Missing Person Nautika Williams.jpg

http://www.miheadlines.com/2016/04/02/23144/

Quote Originally Posted by MIHeadlines View Post
    DETROIT, MI – Detroit Police are asking the public for help in locating a missing 17-year-old girl.

Nautika Williams was last seen by her mother after she dropped her off at school, Creative Studies, on Thursday, March 31st, 2016 at approximately 8:15 a.m.

She is described as a black female, 17-years-old, 5’2, 120, light complexion with long black curly hair. She was last seen wearing black Nike jacket, black Nike shirt, Gray, “KD” gym shoes.

Nautika is in good physical condition but does suffer from mood disorder. She does have a history of running away.

If anyone has information on Nautika or knows of her whereabouts, they are asked to please call Detroit Police Department 11th Precinct Detective Unit at 313-596-1140.

Missing Person Nautika Williams.jpg

http://www.miheadlines.com/2016/04/02/23144/
    What is a "mood disorder"?

Bipolar, depression etc?

If you have a mood disorder, your general emotional state or mood is distorted or inconsistent with your circumstances. Some examples of mood disorders include:

• Major depressive disorder — prolonged and persistent periods of extreme sadness
    • Bipolar disorder — also called manic depression or bipolar affective disorder, depression that includes alternating times of extreme sadness (depression) and extreme happiness (mania)
    • Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) — a form of depression most often associated with fewer hours of daylight in the far northern and southern latitudes from late fall to early spring
    • Cyclothymic disorder — a disorder that causes emotional ups and downs that are less extreme than bipolar disorder
    • Premenstrual dysphoric disorder — mood changes and irritability that occur during the premenstrual phase of a woman's cycle and go away with the onset of menses
    • Persistent depressive disorder (dysthymia) — a long-term (chronic) form of depression
    • Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder — a disorder of chronic, severe and persistent irritability in children that often includes frequent temper outbursts that are inconsistent with the child's developmental age
    • Depression related to medical illness — a persistent depressed mood and a significant loss of pleasure in most or all activities that's directly related to the physical effects of another medical condition

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...n/con-20035907
    Last edited by KayElJay; 04-02-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    mood dis·or·der
    noun

• a psychological disorder characterized by the elevation or lowering of a person's mood, such as depression or bipolar disorder.

Seems like so many teens are diagnosed with this kind of thing in the last decade or two.

Sorry I edited my post while you were posting! I couldn't find a link to support that definition (it was just a Google search result), so I went in search of a more reliable source. My apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    Sorry I edited my post while you were posting! I couldn't find a link to support that definition (it was just a Google search result), so I went in search of a more reliable source. My apologies!
    I appreciate your post and research.

I was boggled, because most teenagers have had "mood disorders" from the beginning of time. Just wondering if it was a actual medical reason as opposed to normal teen angst, drama, moodiness and acting out.

Quote Originally Posted by anonypotomous View Post
    Seems like so many teens are diagnosed with this kind of thing in the last decade or two.
    Mental illness is being diagnosed more often thanks to more understanding of the disease.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Just from my experience from being in the medical field (FWIW), you are correct in your thought that many many teens exhibit signs of a mood disorder. I would also say that many of them are diagnosed with a mood disorder (such as depression, for example), but I believe some are misdiagnosed by a provider who may have the best intentions, but is not an expert in psychiatry.

Is that pic what she really looks like? I would guess she's 8 years old from that photo.

I think some of it (not all) is normal teen misbehavior, but many people want to place blame on a "disease" as opposed to taking responsibility. Too many kids taking pills that don't need it, only leading to more problems.

Looking at her FB, this does not look like a kid who was In the midst of a manic episode. The day she went missing, was this a work day for her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been away for a day was hoping to find some news. Bumping for Nautika.

Limecat

"Live together, or die alone." Jack Shephard

All posts are jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Boopsquared View Post
    Looking at her FB, this does not look like a kid who was In the midst of a manic episode. The day she went missing, was this a work day for her?

Agreed, looks pretty typical. Also, MOO, I think 17, or anytime before the brain is done developing (25) is too early to truly diagnose a mood or psychotic disorder.

Stating she has a "mood disorder" may make people think she's simply runaway and write off the fact that she's probably in danger.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast