Muslim woman deliberately knocked down by far right activist in Molenbeek, Brussels

gregjrichards

Reaction score
"Shocking footage has emerged of a Muslim woman being mown down by a car in a hit-and-run during an anti-Islam rally in the Brussels district of Molenbeek.

Video footage of the incident shows the car, which had ploughed through a police road block, driving head-on into the woman as she crossed the road.

The woman was thrown off the car's bonnet and skidded along the road, while the driver continued moving forward and appeared to run over her legs.

The passenger even appears to lean out of the window to take a photo after breaking through the police barricade.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...russels-district-Molenbeek.html#ixzz44i0U9fLa

Shocking and horrendous! There is going to be many problems in Europe for the foreseeable future I suspect.

Ugh that's awful, that poor woman. Is she in hospital? Any news on her condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh that's awful, that poor woman. Is she in hospital? Any news on her condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Although seriously injured, the woman appeared to be conscious to receive treatment at the scene of the crash.

Police haven't yet confirmed the woman's current condition, or the motivation behind the crash."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11616068

This is the latest information I will keep an eye out for any updates on this poor lady's condition.

"Shocking footage has emerged of a Muslim woman being mown down by a car in a hit-and-run during an anti-Islam rally in the Brussels district of Molenbeek.

Video footage of the incident shows the car, which had ploughed through a police road block, driving head-on into the woman as she crossed the road.

The woman was thrown off the car's bonnet and skidded along the road, while the driver continued moving forward and appeared to run over her legs.

The passenger even appears to lean out of the window to take a photo after breaking through the police barricade.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...russels-district-Molenbeek.html#ixzz44i0U9fLa

Shocking and horrendous! There is going to be many problems in Europe for the foreseeable future I suspect.

Police later announced that they had arrested two men, believed to have been the car's driver and passenger, who have been named as Redouane B. and Mohamed B

which is your far right activist redouane b or mohemed b?

I wonder if we could get the thread title changed, since it's not accurate and never was. There's no "far right activist" in this incident.

The driver and passenger were:
Redouane B. and Mohamed B - both of whom are thought to be residents of Molenbeek

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...russels-district-Molenbeek.html#ixzz44i0U9fLa

Probably Muslims. Certainly not anti-Muslim "far right" activists.

Talk about a rush to judgment. There was never any evidence to support the notion that this woman was run down by "far right activists." It was made up out of nothing.

The latest version of the article says this:

“The headline to a previous version of this article referred to a "far-right activist". The police later confirmed that two men had been arrested, and the story has been updated accordingly.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...russels-district-Molenbeek.html#ixzz44yIeY400
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook​

In the current version of the article, there are a couple of references to far-left and far-right activists. Maybe the disagreements with terms should be directed to the writer of the article. Not to mention the fact that its Europe, not America, and left and right references don't always equate.

I read the original article at Daily Mail long before it was first posted here and the title used here is exactly what was used in the article. I thought it was odd, but so what? Are we now to be redacting words from mainstream media articles because we don't like them, or because we disagree with the description?

“The headline to a previous version of this article referred to a "far-right activist". The police later confirmed that two men had been arrested, and the story has been updated accordingly.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...russels-district-Molenbeek.html#ixzz44yIeY400

In the current version of the article, there are a couple of references to far-left and far-right activists. Maybe the disagreements with terms should be directed to the writer of the article. Not to mention the fact that its Europe, not America, and left and right references don't always equate.

I read the original article at Daily Mail long before it was first posted here and the title used here is exactly what was used in the article. I thought it was odd, but so what? Are we now to be redacting words from mainstream media articles because we don't like them, or because we disagree with the description?

The Daily Mail has redacted its initial inflammatory headline. Perhaps WS should follow suit.

It's not a matter of "disagreeing" with the description. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But no one is entitled to their own facts. The fact is, there are no "far-right activists" involved in this incident. It was a car carrying two people with Muslim-sounding names who live in that Muslim-majority neighborhood that mowed down a Muslim woman.

It's a bit confusing because they reportedly arrested nine far-right activists, some with Molotov cocktails, then there's the reports about arresting these two who were armed with smoke bombs. It seems like it would be obvious they're far-right activists, but then why not come right out and say it? Or are we to assume these represent two of the nine arrests?

Or maybe what matters is the men responsible for the hit-and-run have been arrested.

How purposely mowing down a woman wearing hijab isn't anti-Islam is beyond me.

It's a bit confusing because they reportedly arrested nine far-right activists, some with Molotov cocktails, then there's the reports about arresting these two who were armed with smoke bombs. It seems like it would be obvious they're far-right activists, but then why not come right out and say it? Or are we to assume these represent two of the nine arrests?

Or maybe what matters is the men responsible for the hit-and-run have been arrested.

BBM

It wouldn't be the first time a Muslim man attacked a Muslim woman. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS CASE, but we've all heard of cases where a Muslim man or men will attack a female for whatever infraction they say she committed - for behaving in a way that the men don't approve.

Again, I don't know what happened in this case, but just because a Muslim woman was struck doesn't mean the person who struck her is anti-Islamic.

Sigh. What a world.

BBM

It wouldn't be the first time a Muslim man attacked a Muslim woman. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS CASE, but we've all heard of cases where a Muslim man or men will attack a female for whatever infraction they say she committed - for behaving in a way that the men don't approve.

Again, I don't know what happened in this case, but just because a Muslim woman was struck doesn't mean the person who struck her is anti-Islamic.

Sigh. What a world.

We've all heard of cases where a man of any faith will attack a female for whatever.....
Boy oh boy, the powers that be are sure succeeding in their goal of manipulating white skinned folk into hating Muslims.

You've been conned people.

We've all heard of cases where a man of any faith will attack a female for whatever.....
Boy oh boy, the powers that be are sure succeeding in their goal of manipulating white skinned folk into hating Muslims.

BBM
Of course you are right, but I just want to point out that I was responding directly to the post I quoted about how it the run-over couldn't be anything but anti-Islamic. There are indeed other possibilities.

And, yes, this headline does seem like a con job.

BBM

Sigh. What a world.

It doesn't mean the person isn't either.

We don't know the motive (at least not yet afaik), so how could someone immediately dismiss the possibility based only on the names of the driver and passenger?

There's really no reason to shout at me.

It doesn't mean it isn't either.

How could someone immediately dismiss the possibility based only on the names of the driver and passenger?

There's really no reason to shout at me.

I'm not shouting, trust me.

I am honestly simply trying talk about a news story on a message board with other people I assumed were interested in discussing a news story. For the record, I wasn't claiming to know what happened or to dismiss a theory, but just suggesting a possibility other than the one you suggested.

But, I'm backing out of this thread now. I don't want to be accused of shouting because that's the opposite of who I am.

Apologies for the confusion with the thread title I thought it was a shocking story when I read the original article and title and thought I would share it here. I did not know the information the Daily Mail website was inaccurate and I would never intentionally mislead my fellow members and guests here. I am genuinely concerned about what happened to this Lady. And matters unrelated to this story regarding the rising tension in Europe due to the migrant crisis and repeated acts of terrorism.

So the two Muslims who mowed her down - and who happen to live in the district known as the jihadi capital of Europe - are anti-Islam? Got it.

tell us more about the con. I'm always interested in getting the inside scoop from those in the know like yourself.
also they were drunk, but at least they didnt explode when they hit her. nor did she. lucky break, eh

Two 20-year-old men, reeking of alcohol, later walked into a police station in order to turn themselves in for the violent hit-and-run, according to Belgian news outlet La Libre.

Police said the men were under the influence of alcohol and drugs, in possession of smoke bombs, and claimed they had no recollection of the incident.

Both men, who are from Molenbeek, were charged with armed rebellion and hit and run, the outlet said.

http://nypost.com/2016/04/03/muslim-woman-run-down-during-far-right-protest-in-belgium/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back