GUILTY CA - Rabihah, 68, & Amir Issa, 38, murdered, North Hills, 29 March 2016

Momoffourboys

Reaction score
http://pix11.com/2016/04/02/father-allegedly-murdered-son-because-he-was-gay/

LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles county prosecutors have charged a man who shot and killed his son with premeditated murder, alleging that he committed the crime because his son was gay.

The District Attorney’s office said Friday that 69-year-old Shehada Issa had threatened to kill his 29-year-old son, Amir, several times because of his sexual orientation.

Issa was arrested Tuesday after Los Angeles police officers found the young man’s body outside a North Hills house. Issa’s wife was found stabbed to death inside the house.

Detectives said Issa told officers he found his wife’s body in a bathroom. He said he shot his son in self-defense because the young man was threatening him with a knife.

Detectives said no knife was found at the scene.

An investigation into who killed Issa’s wife continues.

*VERY* strange post on his FB page on 3/19/16. Definitely a weird vibe with the parents, too.

Strange??? Is quite the understatement. I am sick after seeing that. Dear lord, what a sick world.

A google search brought up quite a criminal/mental history for Amier.
I don't believe the father killed him "because he was gay". He has been living as a gay man for a long time.

Really sad. No matter what.

This is a good article. I am especially curious about the mother's death.

Neighbors said gay man shot by father had troubled history

Authorities entered the home and also discovered the victim’s mother, identified by the coroner as Rabihah Issa, 68, on the bathroom floor. Because of the condition of the bloodied body, it appeared she had been dead “for a while,” Bruce said.

The nature of her wounds were not immediately clear, but it was obvious there was “some sort of foul play,” he said.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ng-son-because-he-was-gay-20160401-story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-0403-gay-son-killed-20160403-story.html

Homophobia, drugs and mental illness may have led to gay man's killing and father's arres

Snip

New details emerged Saturday about a strange series of events last week that left Shehada Issa in jail and his wife and son dead. Information from law enforcement agencies and interviews with neighbors suggested that a long-brewing mix of drugs, mental illness, homophobia and extreme family dysfunction had finally led to a tragic result.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office announced Friday that Issa, 69, was being charged with first-degree murder in the shooting of his 29-year-old son, Amir Issa, who was found dead Tuesday morning outside the family's home on Rayen Street. Found inside the house was Shehada's wife and Amir's mother, Rabihah Issa, 68. She had been stabbed, police said, and may have been dead for some time before her body was discovered.

Snip

New details emerged Saturday about a strange series of events last week that left Shehada Issa in jail and his wife and son dead. Information from law enforcement agencies and interviews with neighbors suggested that a long-brewing mix of drugs, mental illness, homophobia and extreme family dysfunction had finally led to a tragic result.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office announced Friday that Issa, 69, was being charged with first-degree murder in the shooting of his 29-year-old son, Amir Issa, who was found dead Tuesday morning outside the family's home on Rayen Street. Found inside the house was Shehada's wife and Amir's mother, Rabihah Issa, 68. She had been stabbed, police said, and may have been dead for some time before her body was discovered.

Shehada Issa has not been charged in his wife's death. Police said he admitted to shooting his son with a shotgun. Amir Issa, who had gunshot wounds to the face and abdomen, was pronounced dead at the scene.

The district attorney's office alleged in a statement that Issa killed his son because of his "sexual orientation," a move that brought national publicity to the case over the weekend. Issa could face stiffer penalties at trial if the shooting is prosecuted as a hate crime.

There were a number of signs that Amir Issa's killing was not a simple story of a father acting out of murderous rage that his son was gay.

Turmoil appears to have reigned behind closed doors at the Issa home since Amir moved back in with his parents, which neighbors said occurred within the last two years. LAPD Sgt. Greg Bruce said officers had been called to the home to help evict Amir, whose parents were attempting to sell the house against their son's wishes. The son had even vandalized the house, according to police.

Snip

Joel Munoz, 38, has lived across the street from the Issas for 15 years. Speaking through the bars of his driveway gate Saturday, Munoz said he had recently done handiwork for Shehada Issa, who complained to him about what he described as his son's problems with drugs and mental illness.

"He was a good guy. The son was a bad guy," Munoz said. "I'm so sorry for the old man."

Snip

Francisco Gonzalez Jr., whose parents live next door to Shehada Issa, said he had been aware for some time that feelings ran high between Issa and his son. Gonzalez's parents, who do not speak fluent English, could hear the father and son next door shouting at each other but didn't understand what was being said. Gonzalez said he saw Shehada Issa several months ago standing out by his fence and asked him what was going on.

"It's just my son acting crazy again," Issa told him. "It's the drugs. I called the cops, so I'm just waiting for them."

On Tuesday, Gonzalez said, he was babysitting his niece at his parents' house when he heard shots from next door. Running outside, he found Shehada Issa in the frontyard with a cellphone to his ear. Gonzalez thought he heard the voice of a 911 operator on the line.

"Were those bullets?" Gonzalez asked. "Are you OK, Joe?"

Gonzalez said Issa waved reassuringly, then answered:

"Everything is fine now."

Amir's FB says he graduated from UCSD in 2000 which would make him in his late 30's rather than the 29 that the news stories (and this thread title) reference. The HuffPost article mentions that, too.

Also, there was no knife found at the scene - Dad said son threatened him with a knife and Mom is found dead in a bloody mess in the bathroom.....

Snip

Issa, who is accused of using a shotgun in the killing, was charged Friday with one count of premeditated murder, the Times reported.

If convicted, Issa could serve life in prison without the possibility of parole, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

Issa told police, according to the Daily News, that he didn't kill his wife, but instead found her in their home's bathroom, where she was already dead. The paper reported that Issa claims he armed himself after finding her body and then encountered his son, who threatened him with a knife, leading to a shooting.

Police found the son's body in the backyard, according to NBC affiliate KNBC.

"The suspect made incriminating statements implicating himself in the death of (the son) and was arrested for murder," Operations Valley Bureau homicide detective John Doerbecker told the Daily News. "He claimed (the son) was armed with a knife, and there was no knife to be found (there).

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/l...-son-shehada-issa-for-being-gay-a6965876.html

Since the mother was stabbed to death, according to the links on this thread, either the father or son had a knife at some point. I personally don't think an outsider came in and killed her. When LE says,"There was no knife found," I find it hard to believe they lived in a home with no kitchen knives. Also, several of the links refer to the mother having been deceased for "some time." That could be anywhere from 6 hours earlier to a few days. A kitchen knife could have easily been washed and returned to its normal place or thrown out in that amount of time. Very disturbed family dynamics here. RIP son and mother.

Wow. I read the headlines when they first appeared and thought it was a strange....I had no idea how strange it actually was. That video on FB is a huge clue of the complications that family lived with. That environment looks like a boiling pot of seething hatred toward each other, ready to explode.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back