1217 users online (228 members and 989 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by howonkee View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would file for wrongful death when none of the perps have a pot to pee in, so to speak. Am I missing something? Unless MS somehow was exonerated and got the life insurance proceeds, what would be in it for them?
    I think it's usually not about the money. A wrongful death lawsuit is helpful to many victims' families for reasons besides the money.

I'm remembering the wrongful death suit against OJ and how the Goldman's fought and won.
    It wasn't about getting money for themselves, but to facilitate the loss of money for the murderer of their son was and is priceless. IMO. That lawsuit really stuck it to OJ and he's probably still furious about it. I laugh out loud at this.
    ...Detective Owens said the driver is not a suspect in the case...
    snippet from washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/20/suspect-in-dc-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court

Quote Originally Posted by FelicityLemon View Post
    I think it's usually not about the money. A wrongful death lawsuit is helpful to many victims' families for reasons besides the money.

I'm remembering the wrongful death suit against OJ and how the Goldman's fought and won.
    It wasn't about getting money for themselves, but to facilitate the loss of money for the murderer of their son was and is priceless. IMO. That lawsuit really stuck it to OJ and he's probably still furious about it. I laugh out loud at this.
    The OJ civil case may have been won by the Goldman's but OJ was able to keep a very good pension and a very nice home in Florida. He also skirted paying the judgement by doing cash signing events and other despicable things. OJ was doing just fine until he screwed up in Las Vegas and went to prison.

In this case if for some reason any of the defendants are acquitted of this murder, I hope that a wrongful death suit is brought against them. They are not OJ. They will not be able to avoid a judgement and live the good life that OJ did for awhile. They would have to pay for the rest of their lives. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by howonkee View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would file for wrongful death when none of the perps have a pot to pee in, so to speak. Am I missing something? Unless MS somehow was exonerated and got the life insurance proceeds, what would be in it for them?
    Maybe to stop money that the murderer could make in the future....from a book, telling his story etc. I personally do not want any criminal to profit from the crime and stand behind this process. Doesn't the defendant also have to take the stand so the family is able to get answers they wouldn't otherwise get. I imagine the answers are more important than money. We see this clearly in the Rebecca Zahau case.

Quote Originally Posted by FelicityLemon View Post

Continuing on with the example of the Goldmans, I think it's just as much about closure as anything else. Having it publically acknowledged that the victim would still be alive were it not for the defendant. Even if the punishment is only monetary in these cases, it's better than no punishment at all.

Sometimes the justice system fails, and people have to take their comfort from where they can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Of course he was fine the eight months he was free, He is a psychopath and does not think he will face any consequences.

He does not think he will face consquences, but jail is getting tedious. Probably no marijuana, no women, and the food is not good.
    And having the tables turned around where he is being totally controlled.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen View Post
    Where was TS suitcase found? I looked at crime scene photos today and it appears it is in the master bedroom. If that is the case, the attack happened in the kitchen. So, they were hiding and waited for her to put up her suitcase? Did they move it?
    That suitcase was left behind by TS before their trip.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Sunshine View Post
    Maybe to stop money that the murderer could make in the future....from a book, telling his story etc. I personally do not want any criminal to profit from the crime and stand behind this process. Doesn't the defendant also have to take the stand so the family is able to get answers they wouldn't otherwise get. I imagine the answers are more important than money. We see this clearly in the Rebecca Zahau case.
    Thanks to all who responded to my question about why a civil suit for wrongful death. Those were all good reasons that I hadn't thought of before. That's one of the things that makes this such a great forum!

coming out of mode...

Wasn't there some kind of hearing on April 21st?? That's what I have in my notes - or is it being discussed on another thread?

TIA!!

back to
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Yes, the new thread is Bond Reduction Hearing Thread

MS is now asking for taxpayers to pay for his bail.
    https://youtu.be/-HaTrhGFp2c

Per Trent Kelly NBC-2 News on Facebook: BREAKING NEWS: A grand jury has indicted Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers on first-degree murder charges in the death of Dr. Teresa Sievers of Bonita Springs, according to the State Attorney's Office. The two were previously charged with second-degree murder.
    One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove or what kind of clothes I wore. All that will matter is that I made a difference in the life of a child. ~ Forrest Witcraff

Hold on.... Opening new thread now for this.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4TRUTH View Post
    Per Trent Kelly NBC-2 News on Facebook: BREAKING NEWS: A grand jury has indicted Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers on first-degree murder charges in the death of Dr. Teresa Sievers of Bonita Springs, according to the State Attorney's Office. The two were previously charged with second-degree murder.
    OMG!!! Now that is news, my friends!!!!

HERE IS THE GRAND JURY INDICTMENT THREAD.

Going to close this one for now until things settle down.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast