1110 users online (243 members and 867 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Do you like the new format for WS?

I personally do like the new look! It is easy on my eyes and I like seeing the top cases posted at the top of the page. The Amber Alert is also a good thing to have on the page. Kudos to all who worked on making this change. Good work!

ETA .... I absolutely am thrilled that the login box is much easier to see now! It used to blend into the dark blue background and I could barely see the little box for "keep me logged in". Nice!
    Last edited by Spellbound; 04-05-2016 at 01:14 PM.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

No, I do not like the new format. All it does for me is make scrolling down, past it, longer. Those "headlines" are meaningless to me. Waste of time and space, but we all know it will stay. What more is there to say?
    "In a time of universal deceit -- telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

I do like it.
    Only problem I'm having is quick links not working.
    Anyone else?
    IMO JMO
    -------------------------------------------
    Find Heather
    Find Eric Lee Franks
    https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks?ref=bookmarks

"Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one." Mikayoyo

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    I personally do like the new look! It is easy on my eyes and I like seeing the top cases posted at the top of the page. The Amber Alert is also a good thing to have on the page. Kudos to all who worked on making this change. Good work!

ETA .... I absolutely am thrilled that the login box is much easier to see now! It used to blend into the dark blue background and I could barely see the little box for "keep me logged in". Nice!
    I am totally in love with it! Nice Tricia!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

The Quick Links and Forum Rules will not let me click on them.... at least not on iPad.

Change always take take time to adjust. At least, it usually does for me. Maybe it will feel more "normal" in a short time, Trident.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

Nope, don't like it..

I find it to be harder on my eyes, to much distraction, to much going on..
    my other car is a broomstick

Q: What's the best advice you can give to a witch on a broomstick?

A: Don't fly off the handle!

I hate to be negative, but since you asked, I don't really like it. I'm on an iPad, so that may make a difference. Scrolling past the headlines every time I move to the next page of a thread is a drag. The background white is too bright for my sensitive eyes and the print is too small because I can no longer enlarge the page to make the print bigger. Except for the forum list, the page now fills the whole screen because there are no ads down the side. I tried darkening the page to cut the bright white glare, but that doesn't help and makes it harder to read the small print. I'm sorry, Tricia, but this just isn't working for my 70 year old eyes!
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Quote Originally Posted by Momoffourboys View Post
    I do like it.
    Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    The Quick Links and Forum Rules will not let me click on them.... at least not on iPad.

Change always take take time to adjust. At least, it usually does for me. Maybe it will feel more "normal" in a short time, Trident.

Thanks for letting us know! I'll pass this along to our tech guy so he can make the necessary adjustments.

TIA for your patience.

It's going to take some getting used to for these old eyes, but just a few things, perhaps a break, gap, or thicker line between the sticky posts and the regular threads. It's difficult to differentiate them on the missing persons page.

Other than that, thank you for getting rid of those ads along the right hand side of the page!! This makes the page more "work place appropriate".

The changes are pretty easy to adjust to - I'm not noticing anything drastically different. It works well for me on my laptop.

I will say, however, that I'm not fond of the *HOT!* label in front of thread links at the top of the page. The cases we discuss are usually serious cases and we are victim-friendly, and to label them *HOT!* seems sensational and tabloid-like. The placement of the links at the top of the page is enough to label them as popular topics without the additional call-out. That's not a complaint, more of a suggestion to consider.

THANK YOU to our webmaster who keep this place running! Your time and work is much appreciated!

Links.. posting... I can't seem to do hardly anything on the Tapatalk app. Only if I use mobile view on Web site 😣

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Carpe Diem. ..... And so, the Lion fell in love with the Lamb....

Thank you Moderators and Administration and Tricia for all the time you put into WS. You provide a brilliant service for LE the Public and the like 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Momoffourboys View Post
    I do like it.
    Anyone else?
    Yeah. The quick links tab won't open for me! I have to go to new posts to see if my subscription has a post. Anyone else having
    this problem?

Also, I hate when things change... But that's just me. I'll get used to the new forum, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulas88 View Post
    Yeah. The quick links tab won't open for me! I have to go to new posts to see if my subscription has a post. Anyone else having
    this problem?

Also, I hate when things change... But that's just me. I'll get used to the new forum, I'm sure.
    Same here. I have a new fone so was putting it down to operator error 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Inthedetails View Post
    The changes are pretty easy to adjust to - I'm not noticing anything drastically different. It works well for me on my laptop.

I will say, however, that I'm not fond of the *HOT!* label in front of thread links at the top of the page. The cases we discuss are usually serious cases and we are victim-friendly, and to label them *HOT!* seems sensational and tabloid-like. The placement of the links at the top of the page is enough to label them as popular topics without the additional call-out. That's not a complaint, more of a suggestion to consider.

THANK YOU to our webmaster who keep this place running! Your time and work is much appreciated!
    I agree... We don't want the Nancy Grace "bombshell" attitude. Right?

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast