661 users online (88 members and 573 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

San Antonio Express-News:

Body discovered on University of Texas campus sparks homicide investigation

The body was found in a creek across the street from Darrell K Royal Stadium.

A body of a woman was found before 11 a.m. but authorities have yet to identify the body or release a cause of death, officials said a press conference Tuesday afternoon.
    ---
    University of Texas Police Department spokeswoman Cindy Posey said the body was discovered near the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center, 2110 San Jacinto Blvd.

Posey said it is unclear whether the deceased individual was a student at the university.
    ---
    At 2 p.m., the university announced that the College of Fine Arts had canceled theater and dance classes for the remainder of the day and that counselors would be available.
    ---
    more at link above

ETA Arrest Affidavit
    Last edited by tlcya; 04-09-2016 at 12:10 PM. Reason: add link to arrest affidavit

Student speculation on social media described a female theater and dance student who had been missing since the weekend.
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...ry-7229338.php

wow, not good...We will be down there for Honors Day in about 10 days. What an awful thing to happen, So sad for this young lady.

DA

So....what would be more disquieting: the murderer being unknown to the victim and the killing a result of either stalking or a random encounter; or the murderer being known to the victim: an enemy or a friend? a paramour? a professor?

Unknown, jmo, however, graduation is May 20-21, and hope this case is solved before everyone leaves.

Austin American-Statesman:

Austin police now leading UT homicide investigation

---
    The case appears to be the first on-campus homicide investigation since Charles Whitman gunned down people from the UT Tower in 1966.
    ---
    more at link above

Absolutely shocking and devastating. For those of us who follow these crimes on WS, every one evokes horror and sadness. But UT is my alma mater and that little connection is hitting me profoundly. I likely walked many of the same steps as this young woman, figuratively and physically. And how she came to be in that creek with obvious signs of homicidal trauma is just unbearable.

Also, I think it's interesting that there is still no public ID 30 hours after the discovery. And that UT has announced aggressive increases in police presence on campus.
    Last edited by Third Coast Gal; 04-06-2016 at 10:26 PM.

This disturbs me too. I worry about the safety of the other kids with a killer on the loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Third Coast Gal View Post
    Absolutely shocking and devastating. For those of us who follow these crimes on WS, every one evokes horror and sadness. But UT is my alma mater and that little connection is hitting me profoundly. I likely walked many of the same steps as this young woman, figuratively and physically. And how she came to be in that creek with obvious signs of homicidal trauma is just unbearable.

Also, I think it's interesting that there is still no public ID 30 hours after the discovery. And that UT has announced aggressive increases in police presence on campus.
    They do know the identity of the 19 yo dance freshman. they just are not releasing it, even to her family. Guess they are waiting for autopsy and definitive ID

Her name was released last night but then retracted. I am surprised, like TCG, that she hasn't been identified publicly. If she was listed as missing (but I couldn't find any MSM about it), then you'd think her family would have been informed by LE when they began looking for her. If they are now saying that the body found is the missing student, then (for me) it follows that the family would already have connected the dots if not been told directly.

Maybe I'm not reading the articles correctly?

ETA: I'm not reading the current articles correctly. Next time, I'll read the day's articles before posting and not comment on yesterday's information. Yikes!

RIP to whomever was found deceased and prayers to all of UT's students and faculty.
    Last edited by MamaJoJo; 04-06-2016 at 11:10 PM.

What's happening Austin?

3 found dead. 2 still missing.

- This thread focuses on UTA's student who was well known in UTA.

- http://kxan.com/2016/03/21/man-found...ith-lawnmower/ (Man found dead in pond with lawnmower)

-http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/114266332-story (Man's body found in Southeast Austin)

-http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?304503-TX-Krislyn-Gibson-35-and-Sidney-Taylor-35-Austin-2-April-2016 (couple travel to Austin and go missing)

all these occurrences with in the last two weeks...

Saw this story on GMA yesterday. I am a bit surprised she has still not been publicly identified. I would have thought notification of family would have been accomplished by now.

So young, a whole life ahead. Very sad and very scary.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Yes, this no-ID thing's beginning to seem a part of the mystery.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast