GUILTY TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, found murdered, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
San Antonio Express-News:

Body discovered on University of Texas campus sparks homicide investigation

The body was found in a creek across the street from Darrell K Royal Stadium.

A body of a woman was found before 11 a.m. but authorities have yet to identify the body or release a cause of death, officials said a press conference Tuesday afternoon.
---
University of Texas Police Department spokeswoman Cindy Posey said the body was discovered near the Etter-Harbin Alumni Center, 2110 San Jacinto Blvd.

Posey said it is unclear whether the deceased individual was a student at the university.
---
At 2 p.m., the university announced that the College of Fine Arts had canceled theater and dance classes for the remainder of the day and that counselors would be available.
---
more at link above

ETA Arrest Affidavit

wow, not good...We will be down there for Honors Day in about 10 days. What an awful thing to happen, So sad for this young lady.

DA

So....what would be more disquieting: the murderer being unknown to the victim and the killing a result of either stalking or a random encounter; or the murderer being known to the victim: an enemy or a friend? a paramour? a professor?

Unknown, jmo, however, graduation is May 20-21, and hope this case is solved before everyone leaves.

Absolutely shocking and devastating. For those of us who follow these crimes on WS, every one evokes horror and sadness. But UT is my alma mater and that little connection is hitting me profoundly. I likely walked many of the same steps as this young woman, figuratively and physically. And how she came to be in that creek with obvious signs of homicidal trauma is just unbearable.

Also, I think it's interesting that there is still no public ID 30 hours after the discovery. And that UT has announced aggressive increases in police presence on campus.

This disturbs me too. I worry about the safety of the other kids with a killer on the loose.

Absolutely shocking and devastating. For those of us who follow these crimes on WS, every one evokes horror and sadness. But UT is my alma mater and that little connection is hitting me profoundly. I likely walked many of the same steps as this young woman, figuratively and physically. And how she came to be in that creek with obvious signs of homicidal trauma is just unbearable.

Also, I think it's interesting that there is still no public ID 30 hours after the discovery. And that UT has announced aggressive increases in police presence on campus.

They do know the identity of the 19 yo dance freshman. they just are not releasing it, even to her family. Guess they are waiting for autopsy and definitive ID

Her name was released last night but then retracted. I am surprised, like TCG, that she hasn't been identified publicly. If she was listed as missing (but I couldn't find any MSM about it), then you'd think her family would have been informed by LE when they began looking for her. If they are now saying that the body found is the missing student, then (for me) it follows that the family would already have connected the dots if not been told directly.

Maybe I'm not reading the articles correctly? :confused:

ETA: I'm not reading the current articles correctly. Next time, I'll read the day's articles before posting and not comment on yesterday's information. Yikes!

RIP to whomever was found deceased and prayers to all of UT's students and faculty.

3 found dead. 2 still missing.

- This thread focuses on UTA's student who was well known in UTA.

- http://kxan.com/2016/03/21/man-found-dead-in-pond-with-lawnmower/ (Man found dead in pond with lawnmower)

-http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/114266332-story (Man's body found in Southeast Austin)

-http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?304503-TX-Krislyn-Gibson-35-and-Sidney-Taylor-35-Austin-2-April-2016 (couple travel to Austin and go missing)

all these occurrences with in the last two weeks...

Saw this story on GMA yesterday. I am a bit surprised she has still not been publicly identified. I would have thought notification of family would have been accomplished by now.

So young, a whole life ahead. Very sad and very scary.

Yes, this no-ID thing's beginning to seem a part of the mystery.

www.keyetv.com

More info about the lovely Haruka, recruited from Portland, Oregon.

News conf. at 1pm today

:rose: RIP Haruka Weiser. :rose:

according to http://www.statesman.com/news/news/...-still-waiting-to-hear-basic-details-a/nqz82/

she takes the usual route along the creek to go to her apartment. She was reported missing on Monday morning... guess that would mean she wasn't seen couple of days earlier possibly since Friday?

Police believe someone who knew her or at least they know she uses that trail. (classmates, friends, facebook friends, neighbors close to her apt) or assume a random person (one who is comfortable that trail would not alert anyone else for this crime)

She doesn't seem to have too many (guy) friends on fb.. and at Austin.... if the police has no clues then this would easily help them question all her friends onfb on their whereabouts during the time. (also, she was a freshman and recently joined the campus from fall 2015)

***my alarm bells ringing on a poster here who said that victim might be a foreigner**** - hope LE follows through

Also, i have attached an image of the comment on the statesman link provided on top about a car burglar who was caught on Sunday.ant omment.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back