9-year-old reporter breaks crime news, posts videos, fires back at critics

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
9-year-old reporter breaks crime news, posts videos, fires back at critics
Reporter Hilde Kate Lysiak got the tip early Saturday afternoon that there was heavy police activity on Ninth Street. She hustled over with her pen and camera, as any good reporter would, and soon she posted something short online, beating her competitors. Then, working the neighbors and the cops, she nailed down her scoop with a full-length story and this headline:
[video=youtube;0ShfNQOUeAY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ShfNQOUeAY[/video]
http://www.adn.com/article/20160405...ks-crime-news-posts-videos-fires-back-critics

Weird, I totally expected to enjoy that. But I didn't. Almost felt like she's someone's little puppet mouthpiece. IMO

Wow, I think this young lady is great!!! At 9 years-old she's out hustling for the truth behind a story that is happening in her neighborhood. I find that fantastic - she is finding and exercising her right to free speech as well as getting some big girl life experience in something she feels passionate about.

Wow, and she has a bunch of on-line a-hole hating bullies - on her heels no less, hardly out in front of her. What is wrong with people - apparently it takes a village to raise a child - and only the village idiots are out in droves, commenting in the meanest and nastiest way. Jmfo.

To quote one of your haters Hilde - f*ck them (and I'm sorry this word has already been directed at you). You go girl!! There will always be haters and mean people looking to tear someone down - they are part of the fabric of life, mostly because they lack a life of their own. I'm sorry you have to find this out so early - but if you want to continue - and man oh man I hope you do - put the emotions that come with that aside and carry on. It's very hard to do and easy to say that - don't let others define who you are.

Fwiw Hilde, the world needs go-getters like you - we don't need the haters. My daughter has experienced bullying as well - from the time she was your age and still does - because she didn't want to play with dolls or settle for working in the fast-food industry, she wanted to create the identity that was calling out within her. She hung on to much of the emotions of the bulling and negativity - but is also now a successful documentary film-maker and on her way to a second career in another field. She still runs into haters (one just 2 or 3 weeks ago) - but has realized now that is nothing new.
Hopefully you will learn something from this Hilde - don't look down and don't look back - you can't change the way people are. Look up and look forward! You will be a better person when you are an adult than the small minded adults you are meeting now.

I wish you all the best Hilde!

I liked her video. Any child with a passion for something that could actually lead to a career is a wonderful thing.

I don't know if people are expecting her to be a full on professional or something? She's still very young. Most reporters straight out of college also won't be fully polished. But if this child stays with it, with all this practice she's going to be amazing if she chooses a career in journalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I think this young lady is great!!! At 9 years-old she's out hustling for the truth behind a story that is happening in her neighborhood. I find that fantastic - she is finding and exercising her right to free speech as well as getting some big girl life experience in something she feels passionate about.

Wow, and she has a bunch of on-line a-hole hating bullies - on her heels no less, hardly out in front of her. What is wrong with people - apparently it takes a village to raise a child - and only the village idiots are out in droves, commenting in the meanest and nastiest way. Jmfo.

To quote one of your haters Hilde - f*ck them (and I'm sorry this word has already been directed at you). You go girl!! There will always be haters and mean people looking to tear someone down - they are part of the fabric of life, mostly because they lack a life of their own. I'm sorry you have to find this out so early - but if you want to continue - and man oh man I hope you do - put the emotions that come with that aside and carry on. It's very hard to do and easy to say that - don't let others define who you are.

Fwiw Hilde, the world needs go-getters like you - we don't need the haters. My daughter has experienced bullying as well - from the time she was your age and still does - because she didn't want to play with dolls or settle for working in the fast-food industry, she wanted to create the identity that was calling out within her. She hung on to much of the emotions of the bulling and negativity - but is also now a successful documentary film-maker and on her way to a second career in another field. She still runs into haters (one just 2 or 3 weeks ago) - but has realized now that is nothing new.
Hopefully you will learn something from this Hilde - don't look down and don't look back - you can't change the way people are. Look up and look forward! You will be a better person when you are an adult than the small minded adults you are meeting now.

I wish you all the best Hilde!

DITTO.

(Glad to agree 100% w you, Woodland, on something.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back