KS - Octopus removed from child's throat

Will have to see how this turns out.
Octopus removed from child's throat
http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/octopus-removed-from-childs-throat/38892960

"Doctors found a two-inch octopus, which was used for sushi, lodged in the boy's throat." What's that again please?

This particular 2 inch octopus in the boy's throat 'was used for sushi' which the boy ate it, then maybe choked on it?
Or
This species of octopus is commonly used in sushi dishes, but perp forced this particular octopus into the boy's throat where it got stuck?

Well, toddlers cram unusual things their mouths, but IDK about this ^.

Gosh. Now that's a real head scratcher. All moms know that a lil one won't ask questions about exploring anything via their mouths. It's their primary functions from birth. Smell and taste and feel.
Trying to invisage a 2 inch octopus. I have a marine tank. But no octopus. Just a starfish. N some clown fish. As it's a new set up.
I have all sorts of questions though. Would it be alive or dead? I myself aren't a lover of sushi. My daughter is tho. She bought some home over Xmas... I can't say I will miss sushi not being on my party menu.
Imma go Google 🙂

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Okay. Well I've Google'd and I'm none the wiser. A 2" octopus looks to be around the size of my index, middle and ring finger. Maybe slightly longer down to length of tentacles.
Eaten a variety of ways. Steamed/boiled. Used as a centre piece for a platter. Or delicately cut. Served with rice on a bed sheet of nori (thin dried square of seaweed. Etc etc.
Makes me wonder on this case tbf. It doesn't seem to be the 'thing' a toddler would ordinarily go for. Hmm

The couple took the boy to the hospital, where doctors found and extricated the octopus from his throat. Doctors also noticed injuries on the boy’s face, Espinoza said.

Explanations for how the bruises occurred and how the octopus became lodged in the boy’s throat were not consistent with the injuries, Espinoza said, so the boyfriend was taken to City Hall for questioning and later booked into the Sedgwick County Jail on suspicion of child abuse.
hhttp://www.centredaily.com/news/nation-world/national/article70336232.html

This link says the octopus head was around 2" in diameter and that he may have been intended to be cut up for sushi.

Odd case

I'm confused....was the boy brought into the hospital because of the octopus lodged in his throat and then the medical team noticed unrelated evidence of abuse?

Or, was the octopus lodged in the throat part of the abuse?

I guess my question is - was the octopus forced into the throat or was it an accidental chocking that then lead to the discovery of some other abuse?

Confusing....

I'm confused....was the boy brought into the hospital because of the octopus lodged in his throat and then the medical team noticed unrelated evidence of abuse?

Or, was the octopus lodged in the throat part of the abuse?

I guess my question is - was the octopus forced into the throat or was it an accidental chocking that then lead to the discovery of some other abuse?

I think they are saying the boy showed signs of abuse to his face that had nothing to do with the octopus being lodged in his throat.

Police: Alleged child abuse victim found with octopus lodged in throat

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KAKE-TV

Pic of boyfriend from link.
matthew+gallagher.jpg

I'd like to think that BF was preparing sushi dinner for girlfriend/Mom, her son, & self, when she was expected home from work at 9:30 Tues eve. Maybe he dropped some ingredients on floor, toddler grabbed octopus, and nom, nom, nom; whoops, choking & trouble breathing.
But I'm not betting any $ on that possible explanation. Cynical about this sad, sad, sad med emergency. Poor little pumpkin. JM2cts.

When my now 27 year old son was about 15 months old, we were at my then mother- laws house for Thanksgiving. Of course she grabbed him away and hung on to him all day. Anyway, at some point she thought it would be a great idea to give him an ice cube(!) because she thought he was teething. Well of course , it immediately lodged in his throat, so she grabbed his face w ith one hand, pried open his mouth and started trying to dig it out with the other. I freaked out and grabbed him
away from her and threw him over my shoulder which dislodged the ice cube. But of course his poor little face was all scratched and bruised from her trying to dig it out.

- only going by the headline -

The heck did I just read?!

For some reason I'm thinking the bf shoved it in his throat maybe because he did not want to eat it ? Or maybe in an attempt to 'choke him but looks like an accident' ? Or maybe he just happened to choke on it and that saved his life from an abusive home. Be well , little man.

Maybe the bf was too rough trying to get the octopus out?!
Very weird case😞

Yikes. So bizarre. Hope he's okay.

Wichita boy in good condition after octopus got lodged in his throat

Following the incident, officers arrested the mother's 36-year-old boyfriend on suspicion of child abuse. He has since been released and the case was dismissed without prejudice, meaning it can be refiled if more evidence is presented.

Espinoza said the boy will undergo further tests on Thursday, and police will provide an update on his condition Friday.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/...g-possible-case-of-child-abuse-374919181.html

UPDATE: Child found with octopus lodged in throat released from hospital

"The Sedgwick County district attorney has accepted a case of possible child abuse that happened earlier this week.

A Wichita woman returned home from work Tuesday night to find her boyfriend giving her 2-year-old son CPR. Doctors at a local hospital found the boy had facial injuries and a small octopus lodged in his throat. The child has been released from the hospital.

Officers arrested the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend Tuesday night on suspicion of child abuse, but he was released without prejudice.

There's no word yet on possible charges or when they could be filed. "

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/...g-possible-case-of-child-abuse-374919181.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frzy
Back