1095 users online (213 members and 882 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 327
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,857

    WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #8

    Cheryl DeBoer

    Police ask help in finding missing Mountlake Terrace woman
    Mountlake Terrace - Mountlake Terrace police are asking for the public's help in locating a missing woman.
    Cheryl DeBoer, 54, was supposed to meet a friend at the Mountlake Terrace Park and Ride lot and carpool to work Monday morning. She texted her friend around 7 a.m. saying that she would catch a bus instead; she has not been seen or heard from since. Her vehicle was located parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue SW in Mountlake Terrace.
    http://www.king5.com/story/news/loca...oman/80068942/

    Body found in Mountlake Terrace identified as missing woman
    http://www.king5.com/story/news/loca...ious/80417266/
    The Snohomish County Medical Examiner on Tuesday announced that they have identified a body found in Mountlake Terrace as 53-year-old Cheryl DeBoer. The cause and manner of death are pending further investigation, the ME's office said. Mountlake Terrace Police had said there is no reason to believe the public is in danger following the discovery of the body.

    Medical examiner: Body found is missing Mountlake Terrace woman
    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ody-was-found/
    The family remains cooperative with the investigation, he said, adding DeBoer’s husband took a polygraph test late last week and police have eliminated him as a person of interest.

    Celebrating Cheryl DeBoer


    Verified Insiders:
    Stryker57
    Lavaland

    Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7
    Last edited by sillybilly; 04-07-2016 at 03:18 AM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,857
    VERIFIED PROFESSIONALS and CASE INSIDERS

    We are lucky enough to have posters from all walks of life with a broad spectrum of expertise. Some hold specialized knowledge that applies to the various circumstances of the cases we discuss, and can contribute valuable insight and information. We welcome their participation.

    To ensure that anyone posting as a "professional" in a specific field truly is what/who they claim to be, WS employs a verification process.

    The verification process also applies to "case insiders". Relatives, friends, and others personally acquainted with a victim or suspect; or a professional working on behalf of a victim or the family, i.e., a private investigator, can submit a request to be verified as a "case insider".

    If you would like to become verified, please contact the site owner at wsverify@gmail.com with your Websleuths name, your real name, the case, a telephone number, and the times when you can be reached.

    If you are a "professional" or "case insider", but would prefer not to be verified, please understand that you will be required to follow the general rules for posting, and back up your statements with links to appropriate sources.

    More information on how to submit a request, and the information required, can be found at this link:

    Verification Process for Professionals and Insiders

    NOTE: Websleuths does not condone members becoming personally involved in cases by initiating contact with family members, law enforcement, or the media. This does not preclude responding to a request for volunteers, or utilizing proper channels to report valid information, i.e., "a tip", to law enforcement.

    Please read: RULES: WS ETIQUETTE & INFORMATION
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    28
    I agree, that there are probably things that aren't being released for strategic reasons. I keep thinking about a statement CD's husband made-something to the effect that the public would be afraid if they knew some information that LE is keeping from us. If what ANZAC is saying is true then LE would not have shared this information with the husband either so why would he make that statement? Here is a link to an article with his quote. Also I re-read this article and this is the first one that I've seen that discusses blood on the exterior of the car ( they speculate that it is CDs but that has not been confirmed as far as I know). All of the other reports I've seen only discuss the blood on the interior of the door, the seat, the console and the floor (animal)
    http://mynorthwest.com/11/2939704/Fa...e-womans-death

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    25,479
    @Anzac re holdback info and sensitive info: police did not release sensitive information about the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body. When the body was found, people wanted details, but police said that the were withholding sensitive information, and that people would understand the reasons when that information was released - which would be after all the evidence was examined. Sensitive information was released to the family. The family shared some of that sensitive information with the public, more or less forcing the hand of the police, resulting in a police statement that revealed details about the plastic bag, the razor blade, the animal blood, the blood on the car exterior, and the condition of the body.

    Police do not announce that they have hold back information. Holding back sensitive information is usually out of respect for the victims. I suspect that the information that police intended to hold back until after all evidence was examined is that it appears to be a tragic suicide. That, in itself, is sensitive.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    @Anzac re holdback info and sensitive info: police did not release sensitive information about the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body. When the body was found, people wanted details, but police said that the were withholding sensitive information, and that people would understand the reasons when that information was released - which would be after all the evidence was examined. Sensitive information was released to the family. The family shared some of that sensitive information with the public, more or less forcing the hand of the police, resulting in a police statement that revealed details about the plastic bag, the razor blade, the animal blood, the blood on the car exterior, and the condition of the body.

    Police do not announce that they have hold back information. Holding back sensitive information is usually out of respect for the victims. I suspect that the information that police intended to hold back until after all evidence was examined is that it appears to be a tragic suicide. That, in itself, is sensitive.
    When they use the phrase "holding back" it is usually about specific investigative information, not information that the family wouldn't know.

    I do understand your point that there was information they felt the family would not want known publicly at that point because it might point to suicide, that they did tell the family that the family later released, HOWEVER, because they have used the words "hold back" rather than "not release" I believe there is ADDITIONAL information they have not told the family, or released publicly.

    (edit) While the police normally do not say they have hold back information, in this case because of the level of public interest they wanted to signal they do have additional investigative facts that they are holding back. Hence him using the words "hold....back".

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,424
    If this is still an ongoing investigation, would LE release all they know?
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~


    Rosemadderlake

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    18,545
    JMO
    MVOO

    I think there is probably a lot that has been left unsaid by Family and by LE.

    I also don't think the family thinks its Murder anymore only because they have not said anything more!
    Last edited by Eileen730; 04-07-2016 at 10:19 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    15,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    Maybe we will understand when the sensitive information is released:

    Police said last month they were holding back on releasing “sensitive information”about the death of DeBoer until toxicology and forensic analysis of her computer and cellphone records are complete.

    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...over-her-head/
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    @Anzac re holdback info and sensitive info: police did not release sensitive information about the circumstances surrounding the discovery of the body. When the body was found, people wanted details, but police said that the were withholding sensitive information, and that people would understand the reasons when that information was released - which would be after all the evidence was examined. Sensitive information was released to the family. The family shared some of that sensitive information with the public, more or less forcing the hand of the police, resulting in a police statement that revealed details about the plastic bag, the razor blade, the animal blood, the blood on the car exterior, and the condition of the body.

    Police do not announce that they have hold back information. Holding back sensitive information is usually out of respect for the victims. I suspect that the information that police intended to hold back until after all evidence was examined is that it appears to be a tragic suicide. That, in itself, is sensitive.
    While I still agree with you that the sensitive information being held back may have been the evidence pointing to suicide, police did not release the information because the family had already shared it. When police released the information to the media the family came out strongly denouncing their use of the phrase "lack of homicidal violence." They saw that as blaming Cheryl and they swiftly disagreed.

    Cheryl's husband even made the interesting statement that people would be afraid if they had the evidence he's seen implying at least that there may yet be a bombshell out there.

    ETA: For my part I do not believe the family has changed their mind. It has been their habit to say very little.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    18,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    While I still agree with you that the sensitive information being held back may have been the evidence pointing to suicide, police did not release the information because the family had already shared it. When police released the information to the media the family came out strongly denouncing their use of the phrase "lack of homicidal violence." They saw that as blaming Cheryl and they swiftly disagreed.

    Cheryl's husband even made the interesting statement that people would be afraid if they had the evidence he's seen implying at least that there may yet be a bombshell out there.

    BBM
    I think if there were any truth behind this statement we would have heard by now.
    JMO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Han View Post
    While I still agree with you that the sensitive information being held back may have been the evidence pointing to suicide
    I don't know that is does point to suicide. All I'm saying is I think there is more they haven't told the family or the public because it is part of an active investigation and the SOP is to not release everything, to the family, to anyone.

    I understand there was information that the family was told by LE and released, as otto has pointed out 3 times, but I believe there is additional information because of the wording used when they spoke to the media. (If they told the family then it is NOT "hold back" information, by definition.) Because LE used the words "hold ...back", I think there is more. otto has made an assumption that the bag/razor information was what LE was referring to because of the timing. I am saying I think the timing might be a coincidence and that they were talking about something investigative, not necessarily upsetting or confidential to the family.

    Again, I am parsing the words and the sentence they used, so this is all IMHO based on how LE talks to the media.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    If this is still an ongoing investigation, would LE release all they know?
    No. Neither publicly or to the family. If this turns out to be a homicide they have to protect the investigation.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,181
    I am back to toxicology. I am still very curious about those results (and fully recognize that we are not owed any report about anything) but I am still curious and found it unlikely that results were back so quickly, as reported here in comments. I think about Cheryl often, like so many of you, and want justice for her if it is due. And peace for her if not.
    "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
    - E. B. White

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by ANZAC View Post
    I don't know that is does point to suicide. All I'm saying is I think there is more they haven't told the family or the public because it is part of an active investigation and the SOP is to not release everything, to the family, to anyone.

    I understand there was information that the family was told by LE and released, as otto has pointed out 3 times, but I believe there is additional information because of the wording used when they spoke to the media. (If they told the family then it is NOT "hold back" information, by definition.) Because LE used the words "hold ...back", I think there is more. otto has made an assumption that the bag/razor information was what LE was referring to because of the timing. I am saying I think the timing might be a coincidence and that they were talking about something investigative, not necessarily upsetting or confidential to the family.

    Again, I am parsing the words and the sentence they used, so this is all IMHO based on how LE talks to the media.
    Is toxicology testing pretty straight forward, or in a case that seems unusual, is it quadrupled checked over by multiple places? I know the family said it was clean, but publicly it hasn't been announced. I wonder if the investigator's weren't completely done looking at it.....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    25,479
    Quote Originally Posted by ANZAC View Post
    When they use the phrase "holding back" it is usually about specific investigative information, not information that the family wouldn't know.

    I do understand your point that there was information they felt the family would not want known publicly at that point because it might point to suicide, that they did tell the family that the family later released, HOWEVER, because they have used the words "hold back" rather than "not release" I believe there is ADDITIONAL information they have not told the family, or released publicly.

    (edit) While the police normally do not say they have hold back information, in this case because of the level of public interest they wanted to signal they do have additional investigative facts that they are holding back. Hence him using the words "hold....back".

    " We want to do what we can to hold sensitive information back until we see the phone, computer and lab results,” he said."

    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ensic-results/

    It may be more common for police to hold back investigative information, but in this case they wanted to hold sensitive information back.. There's no reason to change the meaning of what has been said.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    " We want to do what we can to hold sensitive information back until we see the phone, computer and lab results,” he said."

    http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...ensic-results/

    It may be more common for police to hold back investigative information, but in this case they wanted to hold sensitive information back.. There's no reason to change the meaning of what has been said.
    I'm with you Otto. Especially considering that the phone, computer (s) and tox have all been investigated. I personally don't see what else could be sensitive info.
    Seems the only thing left is the animal blood typing.

    ALL STATEMENTS ARE MY OPINION AND NOT NECESSARILY FACT

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #7
    By bessie in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1067
    Last Post: 04-07-2016, 03:20 AM
  2. Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #5
    By bessie in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1315
    Last Post: 03-23-2016, 03:59 PM
  3. Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #4
    By bessie in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1031
    Last Post: 03-15-2016, 10:54 PM
  4. Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #2
    By KateB in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1048
    Last Post: 02-21-2016, 02:42 PM
  5. Found Deceased WA - Cheryl DeBoer, 54, Mountlake Terrace, 8 February 2016 #1
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1287
    Last Post: 02-16-2016, 11:36 PM