697 users online (95 members and 602 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

KY - Angela Martin, 33, found murdered, Louisville, 7 April 2016

www.wave3.com

The female body was found unclothed and she is 20-30 yrs old. There were no obvious signs of trauma. This is being handled as a death investigation.

KY - Angela Martin, 33, death by gunshot, Louisville, 7 April 2016

I saw this story this morning and after seeing later stories, thought I'd start a thread. If somebody else has started one for her, forgive me and just merge the threads...
    She's also unidentified at the moment, but that is likely to change. If she remains unidentified, the thread should be moved to UID's.

Woman's unclothed body found in alley near 31st and River Park
    WAVE-3 (Louisville, KY)
    4/7/2016
    LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - Alone. Unclothed. She was left in an alley.

Homicide detectives are investigating the a body found in an alley in the area of S. 31st Street and River Park Drive.

Police said the victim is a 20-to-30-year-old woman whose body was unclothed. They are unsure how she died, saying the body shows no obvious signs of trauma. Investigators have labeled this a death investigation.
    It was someone walking by that called police.

They believe she'd been laying there for at least several hours.

A man who lives nearby knows the area can be rough. He's now joined the Urban League to try to do something about it.
    Homicide detectives investigating after woman's body found in alley
    WLKY-32 (Louisville, KY)
    4/7/2016
    Police said the body of a woman who appeared to be 20-30 years old, was found nude in an alley near the railroad tracks.

"We were just hoping it wasn't someone from our neighborhood, going to school or something like that," neighbor Curtis Hobbs said.

According to investigators, there were no signs of trauma to the body.

"She's somebody's daughter, she's somebody's auntie, she's somebody's something. And we're just here to let her know that we're here for her even if nobody else is," neighbor Lanette Cooper said.

She's been identified as Angela Martin (33) of Louisville. Authorities are still trying to find her next-of-kin.

There's also been an arrest related somewhat to her death, but not necessarily her murderer. She was found a few blocks (approx ½-mile) from where she apparently lived.
    Police went to her neighborhood and one of her neighbors or roommates was arrested for being a felon with firearms. The story I saw said that he is not (at least, as yet) a suspect in her death.

Another strange thing about this is that both of the earlier stories I posted said that there was no obvious signs of trauma on Martin. But she was killed by gunshots to her head and neck. I thought something like that would have been rather apparent.

Woman found in alley identified; cause of death released
    WAVE-3 (Louisville, KY)
    4/8/2016
    LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A woman whose body was found in an alley died of multiple gunshot wounds to the head and neck.

The Jefferson County Coroner Office has identified her as Angela Martin, 33, of Louisville.
    LMPD homicide detectives executed a search warrant at a home in the same block on W. Muhammad Ali Blvd. where Martin lived as part of a homicide investigation.
    Woman's death ruled homicide after body found in alley
    WLKY-32 (Louisville, KY)
    4/8/2016
    "She's somebody's daughter, she's somebody's auntie, she's somebody's something. And we're just here to let her know that we're here for her even if nobody else is," neighbor Lanette Cooper said.

Cooper is part of the Voice of Louisville, a group working to make the community safer.

Cooper said that when she heard what happened, she came out to show her support for the victim.
    Woman's body found in alley identified
    WHAS-11 (Louisville, KY)
    4/8/2016
    Autopsy results reveal her cause of death was multiple gunshot wounds to the head and neck.

Police are calling this a death investigation. If you have any information on this death you are asked to call 574-LMPD.

Deputy Coroner, Jack Arnold, should be contacted at 502-574-6262 if any next-of-kin to Martin are known.
    Woman found dead in alley ID'd, was shot
    The Courier Journal (Louisville, KY)
    4/8/2016
    The victim suffered multiple gunshot wounds to her head and neck, Arnold said, adding she had likely been in the alley since earlier that morning to late the night before.

The coroner's office is still seeking Martin's next of kin. Her last known address was in the 2600 block of W. Muhammad Ali Boulevard. Anyone with information is asked to call the coroner at 502-574-6262.

Thank you BF!
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890

I found that strange also about no obvious signs of trauma....gun shot wounds to head seem like trauma to me. Maybe it was misquoted

Quote Originally Posted by Gran Master G View Post
    I found that strange also about no obvious signs of trauma....gun shot wounds to head seem like trauma to me. Maybe it was misquoted
    That's what I'd assume was up with the trauma statements, but I don't think they were "misquoted." Unless the LMPD was misquoted by their spokesperson, media liaison or whatever such would be called. That would be shoddy for either to have released the statement in that case.

I'm in the area and all of the media that mentioned this murder basically said the same thing. First, that there was no apparent trauma. And later on that there were multiple gunshots involved. Those would be kind of hard to not notice, ya know? Especially to the neck and head...

Perhaps they said that in thinking that they thought they had some kind of lead and that only the killer would know how she was killed. Then maybe that hypothesis didn't pan out as they'd suspected, so they announced the truth?

No updates? Was her family located?
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

That's what I was wondering. My been verified brings up 2 Angela Martins in KY. Both have lists of relatives.

Uah

LMPD’s investigation took them to Martin’s home where Eric Green, 47, a convicted felon, was arrested on gun charges.

Police confirm Green is not a suspect in Martin’s murder.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/pol...ered/127157712

Well let's hope that they get a lead. Weird how they changed the story though

Uah

Agree!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-fo...entucky-alley/
    Here's a conference included otherwise no update.
    Uah