After 33rs. in prison, Keith Allen Harward declared Innocent by VA SC

fhc

Reaction score
per twitter

Harward, 60, has been locked up for 33 years for the beating death of Jesse Perron and the hours-long sexual assault of his wife. He was convicted largely on the now-discredited findings of two experts who matched Harward's teeth to bite marks left on the rape victim's legs.Harward, 60, has been locked up for 33 years for the beating death of Jesse Perron and the hours-long sexual assault of his wife. He was convicted largely on the now-discredited findings of two experts who matched Harward's teeth to bite marks left on the rape victim's legs.Harward, 60, has been locked up for 33 years for the beating death of Jesse Perron and the hours-long sexual assault of his wife. He was convicted largely on the now-discredited findings of two experts who matched Harward's teeth to bite marks left on the rape victim's legs.

Va. attorney general on Harward case: 'The commonwealth got it wrong'

http://www.richmond.com/news/article_57f9e490-921c-514b-aa81-c20e25b69f86.html

[SUP]
Virginia Attorney General Mark R. Herring has asked the state Supreme Court to act as quickly as possible to exonerate Keith Allen Harward of a 1982 murder and rape in Newport News, which recent DNA testing shows was committed by another former sailor.

[/SUP]
[SUP]“Based on a careful and exhaustive examination of the circumstances including the latest DNA testing of evidence recovered at the crime scene, it is clear that Keith Harward is innocent,” Herring said in a statement Wednesday.

[/SUP]

I think his name is Keith, not Kevin as per Twitter. Everything else I find about this case names him as Keith.

Also, I can't even imagine being locked up for 33 years knowing you didn't do it. How can this man ever be repaid.....

This is so horrendous.This is why I won't ever believe someone did something without real evidence. Not just supposition and dramatic tails..

I saw recently that another case, Part of Gacy's case where a victim was identified through dental records but dna said it was not possible. I think barring a huge dental anomaly that dental id is too flawed.. They should start reviewing any case where that was the deciding factor.

I hope this man can find a way to live out his life in a good way.. All those years in prison must cause so much damage.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/crime/article_4c8094e7-a230-54ba-b912-901de1e03a45.html

After 33 years, Keith Allen Harward walks out of prison a free man

Keith Allen Harward stepped out of prison on a chilly afternoon Friday, a free man for the first time in more than 30 years.

Harward, who was convicted for the rape of a Newport News woman and the murder of her husband in 1982, was freed after the Virginia Supreme Court on Thursday granted a writ of actual innocence and tossed out his convictions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phernandez22
Back