1149 users online (239 members and 910 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #9

Please continue discussion here until the trial resumes Monday morning, April 11.

Special note to any Websleuths members who may attend court:

Whatever you hear in the courtroom that is being discussed outside the presence of the jury is NOT to be brought to the threads.

As always, please be respectful and remember:

The Rules

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Your Ignore List and You

Last edited by sillybilly; 04-07-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Remembering Tim Bosma and waiting for Justice

National Post

By Molly Hayes

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
    Photo courtesy of the Bosma family

Tim Bosma and his baby daughter
    Photo courtesy of the Bosma family

Tim and Sharlene Bosma's wedding pic displayed at the memorial for Tim
    from: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/62...hter-to-court/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Claroon View Post
    My thought is MS texted AM as to the whereabouts of the toolbox because now he wanted to try to sell it. And also requested weed to sell. To pay for lawyers.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC Apr 6
    Dungey then says Smich was trying to sell the gun to or drugs to get cash to retain a lawyer. #TimBosma #Bosma
    Then why was Smich so freaked out about having the toolbox and trying to get rid of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    Unless they are declared dangerous offenders, then life means life, and they do not get out.
    After 25 years anyone convicted of murder is eligible for parole. They could get out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opini...ticle24301991/

Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    I'm with both of you. I feel empathy for him as I believe that he has matured and clearly regrets everything that happened. I think that most of us are also responding to his testimony since he is the first person who has shown any remorse for their wrongdoing. He is lucky that he was not charged with obstruction of justice.

On a completely other note, has anyone watched the movie Longford? I watched it last night. It is about the Moors murderers in the UK and one mans belief in forgiveness and redemption.
    How do you figure it's remorse. I see it that this punk is crying because he's being exposed for what he really is. This guy knowingly participated in these missions, he probably knowingly helped hide the gun that he knew killed Tim Bosma, and he lied on three different police statements. Why didn't he have remorse then? He knew Tim was dead. Why not call the cops about the toolbox. Because of this punk the murder weapon is gone. He should be in jail. I feel his participation is almost on a par with CNs, so why no charges?

Quote Originally Posted by brightii View Post
    It's looking to me like any number of DM's friends could have been selected by DM to accompany him on the test drives. I wonder why it was MS? None of the "entourage" were squeaky clean characters and many were involved in previous thefts, as was MS, but what about MS made him the ideal candidate for TB's truck theft?

<snipped for space>
    RSBM.

The first thought that came to my mind is because DM and MS worked together before (Laura) and it went well (they got away with it).

MS's friend BD testified that MS would talk about violent stuff when they got high, so DM probably knew of that interest (and maybe a shared gun interest). It sounds like MS was physically with DM when they took the Bobcat (while the other guys were relegated to lookout duty). MS may have been DM's go-to guy at that point.

I have to say I'm surprised DM commingled his friends like that. I thought he'd keep MS away from the Toronto guys who, while no saints, didn't seem to have much in common with MS.

Quote Originally Posted by brightii View Post
    It's looking to me like any number of DM's friends could have been selected by DM to accompany him on the test drives. I wonder why it was MS? None of the "entourage" were squeaky clean characters and many were involved in previous thefts, as was MS, but what about MS made him the ideal candidate for TB's truck theft?

I thought it weird all along that DM seemed so socially acceptable by all appearances and yet he hung around with MS who is not, IMO. Now we find out that so many of DM's associates were indeed very shady, themselves willing participants in crimes and drugs, and now MS doesn't seem to stand out as starkly among this cast of characters, IMO.

It's curious how all these friends describe MS as shady, when from my vantage point so are they! IMO none of those we have heard from so far, with the exception of SH and JV, had any cause to judge MS as so different from themselves. One is no better than the other, IMO. The only real difference between them all IMO is that two of the gang are accused now of a heinous murder. DM, IMO, could have chosen any one of them as his accomplice and by the sounds of their loyalty and availability to him they might have joined him on short notice. Hopefully any remorse the others are feeling these days, those who got off scott-free for their own shady behaviour, will keep their close call fresh in their minds and memories, lest they ever be tempted again to be involved with the likes of a DM, IMO.

All MOO.
    What is even more interesting is that Millards minions would join in without knowing any of the details of that specific mission. Makes me wonder if Smich knew anything more than the fact that they were going to steal Bosma's truck?

So Michalski wants to make sure that Smich gets the toolbox since that "is what Millard would have wanted" and Hagerman claims to have called Crime Stoppers some time afterwards? Sounds really like a set up on Smich to me. I completely missed the fact that someone called Crime Stoppers on Smich (maybe I thought there was a new person with initials CS?) Sigh....
    Dungey suggested these past crimes were also why Hagerman lied to police, that Hagerman was thinking about himself and didn't care about the Bosma family.

Hagerman said that wasn't true. He claims he called Crime Stoppers to tip them off that Smich was the other suspect they were looking for
    http://www.thespec.com/news-story/64...about-toolbox/

Also, I'm pretty sure all of Millard's friends knew he had a gun. He took photos of it. He was a show off with his stuff. Come on. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoo1961 View Post
    After 25 years anyone convicted of murder is eligible for parole. They could get out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opini...ticle24301991/
    They "could" get out after 25 years IF found guilty of murder in the first. BUT then there are LB and WM's murders against DM and LB for MS. They could both be classified as serial killers. Locked up for the rest of their lives. MOO.
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

Quote Originally Posted by swedie View Post
    They "could" get out after 25 years IF found guilty of murder in the first. BUT then there are LB and WM's murders against DM and LB for MS. They could both be classified as serial killers. Locked up for the rest of their lives. MOO.
    When I said 'they', I meant any prisoner in general guilty of first degree murder but who has not been designated as a dangerous offender.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
    Unless they are declared dangerous offenders, then life means life, and they do not get out.
    Dangerous Offender designations don't apply to first or second degree murder convictions. They're meant to keep dangerous people behind bars for whom no other legislative option exists because they would otherwise have mandatory release dates attached to their sentences. First and second degree convictions can simply never be granted parole even with eligibility so dangerous offender designations would be redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    So Michalski wants to make sure that Smich gets the toolbox since that "is what Millard would have wanted" and Hagerman claims to have called Crime Stoppers some time afterwards? Sounds really like a set up on Smich to me. I completely missed the fact that someone called Crime Stoppers on Smich (maybe I thought there was a new person with initials CS?) Sigh....

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/64...about-toolbox/
    I respectfully disagree with the notion that Millard would have wanted Smich to have the toolbox and gun.
    Looks more and more to me like Hagerman & Michalski began taking the lead for themselves now that DM was unavailable....
    --1st they ditch the weed and the gun in a stairwell with little concern whether it is ever collected by anyone let alone Smich.....
    --2nd one of them at least called Crimstoppers and pointed the finger squarely at Smich and I don't think Stoppers was ever in Millard's troubleshooting list of things to do when it all goes sideways

If DM was thinking of framing Smich would have needed that gun in order to spin a tale that it was MS who pulled the trigger.
    If DM had wanted to get the gun back to MS his instructions to Hagerman would have been very clear on that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Claroon View Post
    I suppose you are suggesting the gun in there had not necessarily been fired recently. However, there WAS a gun in there http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...fies-1.3521414
    Assuming MS told Daly the truth, and assuming Daly told the truth on the stand. No gun was found, only a single GSR particle was found in the toolbox and Daly testified that he really didn't know what was actually in the toolbox, as he didn't see it's contents. So stating that a gun was definitely in there is speculation, at best IMO. Also, IF a gun was in there, when was in put in there, and by whom? It could have been put in there by MS after​ he received the toolbox, for all we know. MOO

Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast