Reaction score
:rose: Remembering Tim Bosma and waiting for Justice :rose:

bosma-wife.jpg

National Post

By Molly Hayes

B821254669Z.1_20130514195432_000_GQ9VSLAR.2_Content.jpg

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
Photo courtesy of the Bosma family​

My thought is MS texted AM as to the whereabouts of the toolbox because now he wanted to try to sell it. And also requested weed to sell. To pay for lawyers.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC Apr 6
Dungey then says Smich was trying to sell the gun to or drugs to get cash to retain a lawyer. #TimBosma #Bosma

Then why was Smich so freaked out about having the toolbox and trying to get rid of it?

I'm with both of you. I feel empathy for him as I believe that he has matured and clearly regrets everything that happened. I think that most of us are also responding to his testimony since he is the first person who has shown any remorse for their wrongdoing. He is lucky that he was not charged with obstruction of justice.

On a completely other note, has anyone watched the movie Longford? I watched it last night. It is about the Moors murderers in the UK and one mans belief in forgiveness and redemption.

How do you figure it's remorse. I see it that this punk is crying because he's being exposed for what he really is. This guy knowingly participated in these missions, he probably knowingly helped hide the gun that he knew killed Tim Bosma, and he lied on three different police statements. Why didn't he have remorse then? He knew Tim was dead. Why not call the cops about the toolbox. Because of this punk the murder weapon is gone. He should be in jail. I feel his participation is almost on a par with CNs, so why no charges?

It's looking to me like any number of DM's friends could have been selected by DM to accompany him on the test drives. I wonder why it was MS? None of the "entourage" were squeaky clean characters and many were involved in previous thefts, as was MS, but what about MS made him the ideal candidate for TB's truck theft?

<snipped for space>

RSBM.

The first thought that came to my mind is because DM and MS worked together before (Laura) and it went well (they got away with it).

MS's friend BD testified that MS would talk about violent stuff when they got high, so DM probably knew of that interest (and maybe a shared gun interest). It sounds like MS was physically with DM when they took the Bobcat (while the other guys were relegated to lookout duty). MS may have been DM's go-to guy at that point.

I have to say I'm surprised DM commingled his friends like that. I thought he'd keep MS away from the Toronto guys who, while no saints, didn't seem to have much in common with MS.

It's looking to me like any number of DM's friends could have been selected by DM to accompany him on the test drives. I wonder why it was MS? None of the "entourage" were squeaky clean characters and many were involved in previous thefts, as was MS, but what about MS made him the ideal candidate for TB's truck theft?

I thought it weird all along that DM seemed so socially acceptable by all appearances and yet he hung around with MS who is not, IMO. Now we find out that so many of DM's associates were indeed very shady, themselves willing participants in crimes and drugs, and now MS doesn't seem to stand out as starkly among this cast of characters, IMO.

It's curious how all these friends describe MS as shady, when from my vantage point so are they! IMO none of those we have heard from so far, with the exception of SH and JV, had any cause to judge MS as so different from themselves. One is no better than the other, IMO. The only real difference between them all IMO is that two of the gang are accused now of a heinous murder. DM, IMO, could have chosen any one of them as his accomplice and by the sounds of their loyalty and availability to him they might have joined him on short notice. Hopefully any remorse the others are feeling these days, those who got off scott-free for their own shady behaviour, will keep their close call fresh in their minds and memories, lest they ever be tempted again to be involved with the likes of a DM, IMO.

All MOO.

What is even more interesting is that Millards minions would join in without knowing any of the details of that specific mission. Makes me wonder if Smich knew anything more than the fact that they were going to steal Bosma's truck?

So Michalski wants to make sure that Smich gets the toolbox since that "is what Millard would have wanted" and Hagerman claims to have called Crime Stoppers some time afterwards? Sounds really like a set up on Smich to me. I completely missed the fact that someone called Crime Stoppers on Smich (maybe I thought there was a new person with initials CS?) Sigh....
Dungey suggested these past crimes were also why Hagerman lied to police, that Hagerman was thinking about himself and didn't care about the Bosma family.

Hagerman said that wasn't true. He claims he called Crime Stoppers to tip them off that Smich was the other suspect they were looking for

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-as-he-recounts-lies-to-police-about-toolbox/

Also, I'm pretty sure all of Millard's friends knew he had a gun. He took photos of it. He was a show off with his stuff. Come on. JMO

They "could" get out after 25 years IF found guilty of murder in the first. BUT then there are LB and WM's murders against DM and LB for MS. They could both be classified as serial killers. Locked up for the rest of their lives. MOO.

When I said 'they', I meant any prisoner in general guilty of first degree murder but who has not been designated as a dangerous offender.

Unless they are declared dangerous offenders, then life means life, and they do not get out.

Dangerous Offender designations don't apply to first or second degree murder convictions. They're meant to keep dangerous people behind bars for whom no other legislative option exists because they would otherwise have mandatory release dates attached to their sentences. First and second degree convictions can simply never be granted parole even with eligibility so dangerous offender designations would be redundant.

So Michalski wants to make sure that Smich gets the toolbox since that "is what Millard would have wanted" and Hagerman claims to have called Crime Stoppers some time afterwards? Sounds really like a set up on Smich to me. I completely missed the fact that someone called Crime Stoppers on Smich (maybe I thought there was a new person with initials CS?) Sigh....

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-as-he-recounts-lies-to-police-about-toolbox/

I respectfully disagree with the notion that Millard would have wanted Smich to have the toolbox and gun.
Looks more and more to me like Hagerman & Michalski began taking the lead for themselves now that DM was unavailable....
--1st they ditch the weed and the gun in a stairwell with little concern whether it is ever collected by anyone let alone Smich.....
--2nd one of them at least called Crimstoppers and pointed the finger squarely at Smich and I don't think Stoppers was ever in Millard's troubleshooting list of things to do when it all goes sideways

If DM was thinking of framing Smich would have needed that gun in order to spin a tale that it was MS who pulled the trigger.
If DM had wanted to get the gun back to MS his instructions to Hagerman would have been very clear on that issue.

I suppose you are suggesting the gun in there had not necessarily been fired recently. However, there WAS a gun in there http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...ept-gun-in-toolbox-friend-testifies-1.3521414
Assuming MS told Daly the truth, and assuming Daly told the truth on the stand. No gun was found, only a single GSR particle was found in the toolbox and Daly testified that he really didn't know what was actually in the toolbox, as he didn't see it's contents. So stating that a gun was definitely in there is speculation, at best IMO. Also, IF a gun was in there, when was in put in there, and by whom? It could have been put in there by MS after&#8203; he received the toolbox, for all we know. MOO

I was thinking about the blue backpack that smelled like weed. What would be the value of the drugs in it? Anyone hazard a guess ? I don't know the street value of marijuana, but if the backpack was stuffed full of it, like 10 pounds of the stuff, wouldn't that point to DM being a dealer? Way more drugs than for "personal use". Blows the image his defence team is trying to portray. JMO

They "could" get out after 25 years IF found guilty of murder in the first. BUT then there are LB and WM's murders against DM and LB for MS. They could both be classified as serial killers. Locked up for the rest of their lives. MOO.

Let's not forget that the sentence for the current charge wil more than likely result in 25 years with no parole. And if there is a conviction for 1st degree charge in the LB case that is another 25. Add a possible 25 for the murder of WM.
DM is over 30 now plus (25+25+25).......do the math---that is a serious sentence for life.

It will likely not be pretty for Smich either with a possible 25 now and another possible 25 for LB.....he may well be over 75 before he gets out.

I know that Dangerous Offender is a legal designation in the Canadian system.....I am not so sure that 'serial killer' is.

IMO

i'm about halfway through reading on today's thread, sorry if this has come up today. Speaking of the bobcats, iirc it was arnie who discovered there was another bobcat in dm's possession. Wonder if this one was stolen also and will be brought out during testimony. One sitting in the yard at maplegate and then the one taken from the farmland.

bd and mh were well advised by their lawyers about what to say and what not to say. Obviously they don't want to implicate themselves, and we see a lot of untruths and being evasive. In the beginning they were trying to cover dm's hiney, but then realized their illegal actions were going to be realized and they needed cover their own hineys. On the stand it seems they still have that reservation about remaining loyal to dm.
why would bd be "remaining loyal to dm"? He only met him briefly a few times and testified that he didn't like him. Makes no sense imo
i don't believe mh is being truthful about what dm said to him when he dropped the toolbox off, or that mh didn't know what was in the toolbox, that he didn't know anything about dm's involvement of tb's truck theft until dm was arrested, he never saw dm with a gun in his house (we've seen photos of a gun in dm's house and a photo of a jar of pellets on a table),
what does a jar of pellets have to do with a real handgun? Are you suggesting tb was murdered with a pellet gun?
and i'm doubting the whole "we didn't see each other or keep in close contact much" line. Mh said he never imagined dm would do something like what he's accused of. These guys are pretty transparent and no doubt the jurors are seeing right through them.

Mh won't admit to receiving money from dm because that would be making money off the proceeds of crime would it not? It's bad enough that he was involved in thefts over $5000, but perhaps the penalty is stiffer if you're making money off the process. Regardless, i hope there is a penalty to pay for being willing and active participants in these thefts. This is just a tip of the iceberg on what bad business these goons were up to. All moo.

i'm banking on mm to blow this case wide open with truths and clarity. She's going to provide many missing pieces. Again jmo.
so far, you refuse to believe a single word anyone involved with dm or ms has said in court. Why on earth do you expect mm to be the one you will believe?
another property that police searched over the weekend — a ranch-style house on maple gate court in etobicoke, co-owned by millard and his now-deceased father, a former pilot — was quiet monday.

Aside from a few house lights flicked on, there were no signs of activity at millard's childhood home. a bobcat sat in weeds in the back yard.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...et_up_at_millard_farm_in_waterloo_region.html

adam carter &#8207;@adamcartercbc 7h7 hours ago
"you were the lookout, right? he gave you 100 bucks?" sachak says. Hagerman says he doesn't know if money was ever exchanged.
<bbm> <rbm>

Then why was Smich so freaked out about having the toolbox and trying to get rid of it?

From article, he was freaked out in general once he heard of DM's arrest.

From article,
"After Millard was arrested on May 10, Smich's demeanour changed, Daly testified. He became "nervous and jumpy," he said. "Just on edge, anxious, looking over his shoulder."

Then he realized he couldn't get a quick $1,000 so knew he had to drop it. He was trying to drop the gun not the toolbox. The toolbox was found by police. He decided to move it fast after he realized media was at his home. He knew they were onto him. Probably thought DM ratted him out.

From article [
QUOTE]"Mark Smich was keeping a gun in a toolbox at his mother's home and got a friend to move it after Dellen Millard's arrest, court heard Tuesday at the Tim Bosma murder trial.One day (which wasn't specified in his testimony), news crews showed up at Smich's house, Daly said.["That was probably what triggered him asking me to get rid of it. I think his sister was telling him to get rid of anything he had," Daly said.

What is even more interesting is that Millards minions would join in without knowing any of the details of that specific mission. Makes me wonder if Smich knew anything more than the fact that they were going to steal Bosma's truck?

Good point! His gang definitely seemed to trust him. Millard knew how to manipulate people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni