Missing From (Country): USA
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 18
    Race: Hispanic
    Height: 63 inches
    Weight: 132 pounds
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Complexion: Medium
    Identifying Characteristics: Pierced ears.
    Clothing: Possibly wearing a red sweatshirt with a "Vasaloppet USA" logo, blue T-shirt, plaid pajama pants (red, blue, black), blue "Adidas" sandals.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
    Unknown. Andrea was last seen at approximately 5:45am at her residence in the vicinity of the 900 block of 7th St. N in Sartell, MN. She left the residence traveling toward St. Cloud State University for a 6:30am Nordic Ski Team practice at Halenbeck Field House but never arrived. Her vehicle is also missing and is described as a dark green 1999 Toyota Corolla with MN Lic# DSZ-142.

Investigative Agency:
    Sartell Police Department
    Phone: (320) 251-8186
    Alternate Phone: (800) 324-0326
    Investigative Case #: 05904610
    Phone: (800) 324-0326

National Center for Missing Adults

Family Hopes For Safety For Missing SCSU Student

Oct 7, 2005
    Jason DeRusha

(WCCO) St. Cloud, Minn. An 18-year-old St. Cloud State University student is missing and her family is pleading for people to help find her.

Andrea Arriagada's family last saw her sleeping in the family's Sartell, Minn. home late Sunday night.

She was supposed to head to St. Cloud, Minn. early Monday morning, but she, and a family car, have vanished.

"I just ... I just want her to come home," said Paula Arriagada, Andrea Arriagada's sister.

"It is a nightmare," said Dr. Jorge Arriagada, Andrea Arriagada's father. "I can't find the words to describe how I feel. All I want is to see her to know that she's OK."

Continued at Link:

http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_280095633.html

Prayer Service To Be Held For Missing Teen

Oct 7, 2005

(AP) Sartell, Minn. A prayer service is scheduled Sunday evening for a St. Cloud State University freshman who has been missing since 5:45 a.m. Monday, when she left home for Nordic ski and biathlon practice at the college.

Andrea Arriagada, 18, of Sartell, Minn., never arrived at practice and didn't return home to give her father, Jorge Arriagada, a biology professor at St. Cloud State, a ride to work, her family said.

Paula Arriagada, Andrea's older sister, said the missing teenager left behind her wallet and cell phone, but had her driver's license. The girl, who goes by the name Andy, was driving the family's 1999 dark green, four-door Toyota Corolla with license plate number DSZ 142.

The missing teenager's parents said they had an argument over the weekend about a cell phone bill, but said her disappearance does not match her outgoing personality.

She is described as 5-foot-3, 130 pounds with dark hair that she often wears in a pony tail.

The prayer service will be at 6:30 p.m. Sunday at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church in Sartell.

http://wcco.com/local/local_story_280202749.html

Other media sites:

NBC: http://www.kare11.com/
    FOX: http://www.kmsp.tv/

Prayer service scheduled for missing student

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=108857

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Wow! What concerns me is she has that rifle with her. I hope she's ok.

fran

I'm so sad to see this. I was afraid it was going to end this way when I saw that she had taken her rifle.

Prayers and condolences to her family and friends.

fran

The fact that they said there was no evidence of foul play is indicative that it wasn't a suicide, though. I mean, there's a good chance it was. But the police would have to do really sloppy work to write someone off as a suicide right away, without at least a few days' investigation. Maybe it was a car accident?

Quote Originally Posted by meggilyweggily
    The fact that they said there was no evidence of foul play is indicative that it wasn't a suicide, though. I mean, there's a good chance it was. But the police would have to do really sloppy work to write someone off as a suicide right away, without at least a few days' investigation. Maybe it was a car accident?
    From the article, I get they suspect suicide. There's going to be a autopsy so we'll probably know for sure.

The latest article said she spent most of the day before she disappeared in her room alone, after the arguement with her parents.

So sad..........

fran

what a pretty girl with so much going for her. smart, active, athletic...

why?
    was the argument that bad??

i just don't get it?

why kill yourself over an argument?

she looks just like her mom

this is too sad.

Missing Teen's Body Found

Some info from this story:

"We miss her very much," said Ion Senchea, Arriagada's biathlon coach for the Olympic Development Program. "That's all I can say. I cannot even talk now. I just want to say I miss her very much and I'm very sorry what's happened. I feel deep regret about this situation. I'm so down."

Rachel Brusseau, a close friend who met Arriagada in high school about two years ago, said Arriagada seemed down when she saw her a week ago Friday.

"It didn't seem that serious," Brusseau said. "She didn't seem that sad. She seemed OK."

Brusseau called Arriagada "the most energetic person ever" and "amazing."

"You could hear her laughter down the hall," Brusseau added. "She's going to be missed. She's the most lively, wonderful person ever. I couldn't have asked for a better friend."

One night last summer, Arriagada was sitting around at St. Cloud State with a friend she had recently met, sophomore Karl Nyberg.

They were discussing their similar tastes in music when the conversation stumbled upon karaoke at the sports bar Buffalo Wild Wings. Within minutes, though it was past 11 p.m., the two of them were onstage singing Coldplay's "Clocks."

"A really infectious personality would be the best way to (describe her)," Nyberg said. "For some reason, after talking to her for just a few minutes, I just knew we would be really good friends. She was so happy and spontaneous. I just feel really terrible that I didn't get to hang out with her more."

"I'll just remember Andy as a great soccer player and an outstanding individual," said Joe Perske, Arriagada's soccer coach at Sartell High School. "She really made a contribution to our team the two years that she played for us." Arriagada, a 2005 Sartell High School graduate, spent most of the previous weekend in her room after an argument about a cell phone bill, her mother, Violet Hernandez, said earlier this week.

More: http://miva.sctimes.com/miva/cgi-bin...local+613074+4+

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    what a pretty girl with so much going for her. smart, active, athletic...

why?
    was the argument that bad??

i just don't get it?

why kill yourself over an argument?
    Nobody kills themselves over an argument. I speak from experience here: what happens is that a person is severely depressed and suicidal to begin with, then the argument is the last straw. It's like if you are having a really bad day and you were just swallowing it but then something small happens and you completely explode. But it really wasn't about the little dinky thing that happened, it was an accumulation of things.

When I was fourteen I slashed my wrists after my mother told me I couldn't go see a boy I liked. If I had died (and obviously I didn't), they would have all been shaking their heads going "why did she kill herself over such a silly thing" but my suicide attempt really had nothing to do with the disagreement with my mom. It was just that I'd had enough.

Incidentally, I'm all right now.

Thanks for the insight Meggily. Suicide is a horrible thing. Her poor family must be devistated. My prayers will be with them.

Yeah. Honestly, I never really trust what the parents and family say about a teenager who is suspected of having committed suicide. Frequently, they are the last to know about any giant problems (such as depression)...and that's true at any age, particularly teenagers, though.

I'm inclined to think evidence at the scene points to a suicide, though. I doubt they would state that they found the gun in her hands or something as graphic like that about the scene.

Her car was found in a gravel pit off the main road. I am familiar with the area and have been in that pit. I know a few people who haul gravel out of the pit and they have been told that this was a suicide. We will have to wait for the autopsy.

I wonder how she found this gravel pit since she wasn't from this county. If she travelled on the highway she would have had to turn at the public works building which houses all the county squad cars, county vans and trucks. Seems like a strange place to turn if she was "running away".

Very sad for the parents

I lived in that area for 8 years. She had been there at least 2 years. I was taken to the pits shortly after I moved there. They are called the "Quary's. They harvest alot of granite, as the St Cloud area is called the "Granite City". They are a very secluded spot.

I don't recall seeing anywhere that she was found in a gravel pit or a quarry. Here's an article stating she was found by farmers in a wooded area:

http://miva.sctimes.com/miva/cgi-bin...1+local+754183

BUFFALO — The St. Cloud State University student who was found Saturday after being missing for almost a week died from a single gunshot wound to the head, according to a preliminary autopsy report.

The report indicates Andrea Alejandra Arriagada's death is a suicide, said Lt. Dan Anselment of the Wright County Sheriff's Department.

A .22-caliber rifle found at the scene likely is the rifle she used when competing in biathlons, Anselment said.

A final cause of death awaits toxicology tests, which could take several weeks to complete. Law enforcement doesn't suspect foul play in Arriagada's death.

Arriagada, 18, of Sartell, was discovered in her car by farmers just before noon Saturday in a wooded area near Wright County roads 131 and 37.

Arriagada left her parents' home early Monday morning for a Nordic ski team practice at St. Cloud State. She never arrived, and her parents made a public plea for help finding her. Arriagada's parents have said their daughter spent much of the weekend before her disappearance in her bedroom after an argument about her cell phone bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shay
    I don't recall seeing anywhere that she was found in a gravel pit or a quarry. Here's an article stating she was found by farmers in a wooded area:

http://miva.sctimes.com/miva/cgi-bin...1+local+754183

BUFFALO — The St. Cloud State University student who was found Saturday after being missing for almost a week died from a single gunshot wound to the head, according to a preliminary autopsy report.

The report indicates Andrea Alejandra Arriagada's death is a suicide, said Lt. Dan Anselment of the Wright County Sheriff's Department.

A .22-caliber rifle found at the scene likely is the rifle she used when competing in biathlons, Anselment said.

A final cause of death awaits toxicology tests, which could take several weeks to complete. Law enforcement doesn't suspect foul play in Arriagada's death.

Arriagada, 18, of Sartell, was discovered in her car by farmers just before noon Saturday in a wooded area near Wright County roads 131 and 37.

Arriagada left her parents' home early Monday morning for a Nordic ski team practice at St. Cloud State. She never arrived, and her parents made a public plea for help finding her. Arriagada's parents have said their daughter spent much of the weekend before her disappearance in her bedroom after an argument about her cell phone bill.
    Wright county 131 and 37 is a gravel pit. There is some woods on the edge of the pit.