Found Deceased MI - Patrick 'Kegan' Cochrane, MSU student, Lansing, 9 April 2016

MIHeadlines

Reaction score
EAST LANSING, MI – Michigan State University Police are asking for help in finding a missing student.

His name is Patrick Kegan Cochrane. He goes by Kegan. He was reported missing early this morning, Saturday, April 9th, 2016.

Police believe he may attempt to harm himself, according to a press release from university.

Kegan probably has shaved his head.

Anyone who sees him or has information on his location is asked to contact Michigan State University Police at 355-2222.

Kegan Cochrane put a public post on his Facebook page Saturday afternoon that suggested he was considering suicide.

Kegan Cochrane.jpg

http://www.miheadlines.com/2016/04/09/msu-police-searching-missing-student/

Oh gosh. I pray Kegan is found all right. He seems like such a bright light and sweet soul, but in such pain. So many of these situations lately it seems. Please come home Kegan!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh no, this is so sad. I just read the letter to his mom in which he says he's taken his own life. I hope they can find him and lay him to rest soon :(

I hope and pray he is found safe. This is one of the saddest FB's I've ever read, not to mention some of his letters. I hope his roomate will be of help to LE. I pray for his family and friends. :tears:

https://www.facebook.com/kegan.cochrane.9

I'm so sad for Kegan. I pray he is out there thinking things over still. Stay strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sad! He comes across so smart, so loving and so kind. With a troubled soul. Suicide is so cruel for tnose left behind, his farewells to loved ones will help them in time. Closure and the ability to accept the suicide of a loved is so hard. I wish you found peace while here on Earth Keegan. If he was successful I hope he is found, for his loved ones.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

How sad. :( I skimmed through the letters he wrote as well as this book (mainly Chapter 10 as that is where he directed everyone to read in each of their letters). I truly hope if he does take his life; that whomever was directed to get this book/letters into the hands of a suicideologist (that he refers to) actually does. The things he wrote about and described in his thought process are amazing to me. I know we are each our own beings and we each have completely different brains and ways of processing life, but to read how he sees the world, how his feelings "feel" to him, and how his relationships are perceived actually blow my mind...

This young man (if he succeeds in taking his life) didn't just decide this overnight - this book alone, as well as the letters appear to be his purpose of what he wants to leave behind - his legacy - is for people to understand depression/suicidal tendencies, and the possibility of understanding the mind of someone who chooses to end their life.

I really pray they find him before it's too late - but I have a feeling he's got this planned to a T and will likely be gone before anyone finds him. :(

Oh my gosh. This is so sad I don't even have words. Prayers for Kegan, his dear mother and all who know and love him. Heartbreaking...

In chapter 10, he explains how and where and he'll never be found. I just don't have the words.....

Well, I must be in the minority. I think this entire thing is beyond cruel toward his mother. I think it's all very grandiose and if he hasn't been diagnosed with anything more than depression, then I also think there is at least another diagnosis that was missed or he is coming into another mental illness (I skimmed over all the philosophy and his arguments). Hopefully he will be found before he does it and he can accept help.

I'm so sad for Kegan. I pray he is out there thinking things over still. Stay strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMEN...he is too young and life changes

Well, I must be in the minority. I think this entire thing is beyond cruel toward his mother. I think it's all very grandiose and if he hasn't been diagnosed with anything more than depression, then I also think there is at least another diagnosis that was missed or he is coming into another mental illness (I skimmed over all the philosophy and his arguments). Hopefully he will be found before he does it and he can accept help.

To be honest, as I was reading it I actually wondered if this may have actually been his thesis he talked about not writing...that at the end of the book he would identify it as some sort of social experiment or something to explain his thoughts and all the intricacies of depression and suicidal thoughts...but when there wasn't a disclosure at the end I realized that wasn't likely the case.
I do believe we (meaning non-suicidal people in general) find suicide cruel and selfish...but I haven't walked a day in those shoes so I can't even begin to understand the mindset of those who are.
I can only describe it as what I would decipher as sadness and helplessness...but I think there is way more to it than that...

So very sad.
I read chapter 10, and am speechless.
O/T: I kept thinking of Cheryl DeBoer as I read about the bag.
Both of these Individuals seem highly intelligent if not geniuses.

I'm at a loss of words with this one. If he was successful, we've lost a very brilliant mind and he could have gone extremely far with his writings. Depression is such an insidious disease. I have and have had (unfortunately, they were successful ) family members that suffer with depression. Even though it does seem selfish, the choice they make to leave this world is in their minds the only one left to them and many of them believe that to go on will only cause worse pain to their loved ones than their death will. I'm just heartbroken for Kegan and his family and friends.

I agree. Family members of suicide victims are especially vulnerable and endure horrific guilt for the remainder of their lives. Having read the letter, I can't fathom how horrible Kegan's mother will feel if her son takes his own life. Her pain and suffering will be unimaginable. :(

I just finished reading all of Kegan's letters to family and friends. All I can say is wow...there are some very hurtful words in some of those letters and added to the pain and guilt over of the loss of a family member from suicide, my heart goes out to his family and friends.

I hope that Kegan has a change of heart and seeks the help he needs.

In chapter 10, he explains how and where and he'll never be found. I just don't have the words.....

I just read that part - wow. To summarise for anyone who's not had time to read it all (and gosh it's wordy!) he plans to drown himself, weighted down in an undisclosed Michigan lake, in his underwear to aid decomposition, presumably at night so nobody sees, and with the added "surety" of strangling himself at the moment he begins to drown.

Knowing all of his innermost thoughts and rationales must be so distressing for his family and I'm not actually sure I could read it all if I were them. Still, the man's thought it through, I hope he is finally at peace.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back