TN - Couple Found Dead In Rental Cabin Hot Tub, Gatlinburg, 9 April 2016

wendybtn

Reaction score
http://pix11.com/2016/04/10/man-woman-found-dead-in-hot-tub/

A couple in their 60's was found deceased in a hot tub at a rental couple. LEO do not suspect foul play. Identities will be released Monday, after next of kin notifications are made.

So sad. I wonder if they were accidentally electrocuted. Or if it was an indoor garden tub/Jacuzzi and perhaps carbon monoxide was to blame. Most hot tubs in these type of rentals in East Tennessee are out on a corner of a deck. Inside tubs are referred to as garden tubs or jacuzzis. Tragic, no matter what the scenario is.

Just last Monday, a tourist helicopter crashed in Pigeon Forge, killing all five aboard, 3 miles from Dollywood.

http://www.wbir.com/mb/news/local/d...ng-to-pigeon-forge-helicopter-crash/119717794

FWIW This was not a married couple. I am wondering if this could have been suicide?

How can you be certain, alwaysshocked? I suppose one can infer that they were not married, but it is not stated as fact.

The article also says no foul play suspected. In this case, I'm going with accidental as my first guess, as murder suicide would involve foul play from the murderer.

Second guess would be dual suicides.

Just MOO.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

There was a story a while back of a man who had a heart attack in a hot tub and then apparently fell over pinning his companion underneath him and drowning her. I can't even imagine.

We are in the midst of planning a Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg summer vacation. Within the last couple of weeks we've had news of the helicopter crash, the hot tub deaths, and today the Space Needle suicide. It's kind of putting a damper on things. Obviously wont stop us, but it's been a weird couple of weeks!

FWIW This was not a married couple. I am wondering if this could have been suicide?

Do you have a link? I have not been able to find any updated information on these poor people. TIA!

We are in the midst of planning a Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg summer vacation. Within the last couple of weeks we've had news of the helicopter crash, the hot tub deaths, and today the Space Needle suicide. It's kind of putting a damper on things. Obviously wont stop us, but it's been a weird couple of weeks!

No kidding! I am wondering if the Chamber of Commerce is trying to keep the information quiet and that's why I cannot find any new info.

How can you be certain, alwaysshocked? I suppose one can infer that they were not married, but it is not stated as fact.

The article also says no foul play suspected. In this case, I'm going with accidental as my first guess, as murder suicide would involve foul play from the murderer.

Second guess would be dual suicides.

Just MOO.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

You are right - I ASSumed they were not married because their names were different. I should have known better than to ASSume that!

The "she was married to someone else" also may or may not mean anything. Because sometimes people have been separated for years but not legally divorced. That linked obit says she did in a "medical center". Does that mean she was still alive when someone found them or maybe someone just didn't want to say "died .... wherever". But you don't really need to put where a person died in their obituary if you don't want to.

If it was carbon monoxide they'd know it already from blood tests. If it was suicide, I suppose pills would have been used since there are "no signs of foul play". Or, I suppose it still could have been murder/suicide without signs of foul play, if one slipped something into the others' drink.

Oh, I just watch too many crime detective shows!

Dr. Levin (the gentleman who died) is fairly well known in the physics world.

I have been separated from my husband for six plus years. He has been kind enough to carry my medical insurance. I have been in a committed relationship for several years. So I am not sure what they aren't married means.....

No kidding! I am wondering if the Chamber of Commerce is trying to keep the information quiet and that's why I cannot find any new info.

Ah Ha! Is this not the week of Rod Run? We always go in September, but they have it in April too. You might be on to something wendy.

You are right - I ASSumed they were not married because their names were different. I should have known better than to ASSume that!

The "she was married to someone else" also may or may not mean anything. Because sometimes people have been separated for years but not legally divorced. That linked obit says she did in a "medical center". Does that mean she was still alive when someone found them or maybe someone just didn't want to say "died .... wherever". But you don't really need to put where a person died in their obituary if you don't want to.

If it was carbon monoxide they'd know it already from blood tests. If it was suicide, I suppose pills would have been used since there are "no signs of foul play". Or, I suppose it still could have been murder/suicide without signs of foul play, if one slipped something into the others' drink.

Oh, I just watch too many crime detective shows!

My first husband died of carbon monoxide poisoning and through the ME's office, it took weeks/months to get the results and close the case. Depends on the jurisdiction, I suppose. But I bet living patients get priority over the deceased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back