1155 users online (231 members and 924 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Ryan Robichaud, 23, Westminster, 18 March 2016 - Canadian

Police, family search for missing Canadian man who may be homeless in O.C.

Since 23-year-old Ryan Robichaud left his family’s home in Canada in January, he’s turned up in Montreal, Boston, Los Angeles and now, possibly, in Westminster, his mother said. Police in the Orange County city notified the public about the missing man and asked anyone who sees him to alert authorities. He was last seen in Westminster on March 18, appearing thin and pushing a shopping cart, police said.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...411-story.html

Bringing Ryan's thread to the top again because I fear it was "lost" due to all of the news that broke yesterday afternoon/evening. The article that los linked to above really is a must read!

Ryan's family must feel like they are in a nightmare right now and my heart is breaking for them. It sounds like Ryan should still be considered a critical missing person (his actions make it appear that he's suffering either a physical/medical crisis caused by the car accident or a mental health crisis). His sporadic sightings and contact he's had with his family can be described as bizarre, at best. Add to that the fact that his family is not only far away but from another country I can't even begin to imagine how they're coping.
    Last edited by KayElJay; 04-12-2016 at 03:56 PM.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...sing-1.3532226

Her son, Ryan Robichaud of Burlington, has been missing for three months in a bizarre case that started with a car crash and involves numerous baffling messages and leads from across the United States. Her next stop? To fly to California to search for herself.

She's received sporadic phone calls from places like a Staples store in Los Angeles, and a Hilton hotel in Boston.

Those have included cryptic phrases like "the voices won't let me," and a surprise baptism at a Huntington Beach church...

I hope she's going to have someone with her if she's going into homeless communities in the L.A. area.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Okay WSERS we need to help this family!

Thoughts? ??

Clearly someone needs to start a Facebook Group that people can share and spread the word.

Need a poster to spread the word too

Westminster, CA police Facebook thread on Ryan.

His Mom is asking for any sightings to be texted directly to her cell phone. She asks that you take a picture of him.

https://m.facebook.com/tracy.beesoro...urce=typeahead

Subscribing. What a sad case. His mom must be worried sick.

Such a tough spot to be in. It appears he doesn't want to go home. Or at least go home alone. I hope she finds him and take him home to be treated.
    I do wonder how he crossed the border and with whom. Strange case

Wondering if it could be schizophrenia?

Schizophrenia is a serious mental illness that interferes with a person’s ability to think clearly, manage emotions, make decisions and relate to others. It is a complex, long-term medical illness, affecting about 1% of Americans. Although schizophrenia can occur at any age, the average age of onset tends to be in the late teens to the early 20s for men, and the late 20s to early 30s for women. - See more at: https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Ment....9AUc8gTy.dpuf
    https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Ment.../Schizophrenia

Prayers for him....hoping his family can find him and bring him home....
    When I was young I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older I admire kind people.

Sounds like traumatic head injury. Per my link above, Ryan was in a car accident at the beginning of the year, and his mom says he hasn't been the same since.

I think it's also a possibility that Ryan sustained some sort of traumatic brain injury that precipitated a psychological illness (either predisposed or not). I'm not sure exactly how this knowledge helps in regards to bringing Ryan home to his family, but feel it does help explain his behaviors and his mindset.

Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a worldwide public health problem. Over the last several decades, improvements in acute care have resulted in higher survival rates. Unfortunately, the majority of survivors of moderate and severe TBI have chronic neurobehavioral sequelae, including cognitive deficits, changes in personality and increased rates of psychiatric illness. These neurobehavioral problems are understandable in the context of the typical profile of regional brain damage associated with trauma.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2327235/

Quote Originally Posted by ms_x_to_the_m View Post
    Five days after leaving his home, she said, Robichaud called her from what she learned was a hotel in Boston (...)

Beeso-Robichaud said that she later confirmed her son was in Boston driving a rental car provided to him following the accident, which he dropped off at a local station. The rental company then drove him to a train station.
    http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/miss...atal-accident/

It sounds like he drove across the border initially. If I am interpreting this correctly, it's believed he dropped the rental car off in Boston and then boarded a train (presumably to California). If correct, then he should be using public transportation or hitching rides currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_x_to_the_m View Post
    Such a tough spot to be in. It appears he doesn't want to go home. Or at least go home alone. I hope she finds him and take him home to be treated.
    In my heart I feel like he probably "wants" to come home and may feel that in a fleeting way but the schizophrenia or other dissociative episode probably leaves him confused more often than not. If you can't consistently connect with the feeling that you should go home, you certainly wouldn't be able to implement a plan on your own without putting yourself in a position of vulnerability (walking into an ER or a public health department - bringing yourself to someone's attention).

By any chance, does his family have record of his fingerprints? Either because he may have been arrested or detained in another jurisdiction OR they were taken when he was a child as part of a "protect-your-kids" activity?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast