Bosma Murder Trial 04.13.16 - Day 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News
Colin Butler CBC Toronto News
Lisa Hepfner CHCH News Reporter

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

COMING UP
Tim Bosma trial: Dellen Millard's roommate returns Wednesday to testify

CBC News Posted: Apr 13, 2016

WARNING: Language in this story may offend some readers.

andrew-michalski.jpg

Andrew Michalski, the roommate of one of the two men accused of killing Hamilton resident Tim Bosma is expected to return to testify Wednesday. On Tuesday, he told the jury that just days before Bosma disappeared, Dellen Millard asked him if he should steal a truck from "the ******* or the nice guy."

Live coverage starts at 10:00 a.m. ET

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
#Bosma court at capacity. Jury due shortly to hear more from Andrew Michalski. Story 6pm @CHCHNews tweets all day

* I am going to start general tweets this morning but I am going to have to bail at 11-11:30 AM.

HELP, please, if someone could step in afterwards.

Justice Goodman now in the courtroom. Jury not in just yet.
by Adam Carter 10:02 AM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 58s58 seconds ago
Courtroom is full this morning. Justice Goodman is here. Brief housekeeping before the jury returns. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 16s17 seconds ago
#timbosma trial resumes. Packed court room. The revelation the "nice guy" was randomly targeted has shocked many. @AM900CHML

In some legal arguments right now. No just yet.
by Adam Carter 10:19 AM

Jury now being recalled.
by Adam Carter 10:21 AM

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Jury is back. Andrew Michalski on stand. Millard smiling at him. @AM900CHML #timbosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Jury is back and so is Michalski. He's wearing a blue blazer, bright pink dress shirt. His hair is pulled back in a half ponytail. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Jury coming in. Andrew Michalski still on stand, examination in chief by Crown Craig Fraser. Courtroom full. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 11s11 seconds ago
#Bosma jury is here & Michalski on the stand. Last spoke of dropping backpack & toolbox in a stairwell in Oakville

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10s10 seconds ago
Craig Fraser back up to continue Crown's examination-in-chief. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes now
He asks who physically put the toolbox/backpack at the bottom of the stairwell. It was Hagerman, Michalski says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 20s20 seconds ago
Starting with taking backpack (weed) and toolbox (gun) to Oakville. Hagerman placed items at bottom of stairwell.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 16s17 seconds ago
It was Michalski who spoke with Smich after the drop. "I told him exactly where it was and it was up to him to find it." #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 13s14 seconds ago
AM says Hagerman dropped the items in the stair well. And he was in contact w Smich before and after. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4s5 seconds ago
Michalski phoned Smich and told him where items were and that "it was up to him to find it." #bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes now
After the drop they returned to Etobicoke. Michalski went to his father's place, not Maplegate. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s10 seconds ago
Michalski went to his father's home. Court seeing text extraction reports. #Bosma

Assistant Crown Craig Fraser continuing his examination. Asking about the toolbox and backpack being dropped in the stairwell. Michalski says Hagerman was the one who physically brought them down into the stairwell.
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

Michalski says he told Smich where the drop was. "I told him exactly where it was, and I told him it was up to him to find it," he says. He did this on the phone in Hagerman's car.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

Michalski says he voluntarily provided his phone and phone records to the police.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 12s13 seconds ago
AM talks to smich. Tells him exactly where drop was. Tells jury "it was up to him to find it" @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 40s40 seconds ago
Series of calls and texts shown to jury beteen smich and michalski. And marlena meneses. @AM900CHML #timbosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s29 seconds ago
Now seeing extracts of Michalski's phone records. First entry is a voicemail from Marlena Meneses on May 11 at 12:19am. Then texts. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 11s12 seconds ago
The texts, we can see, were deleted. Crown asks why. Michalski says he was scared at the time. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 21s22 seconds ago
Michalski voluntarily provided phone and consent for phone records to police. Voice mail from Marlena Meneses May 11. Many messages deleted.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 35s36 seconds ago
He gave his phone to police voluntarily. #Bosma

Court now seeing records showing Smich's girlfriend's phone contacting Michalski. Many of these messages were deleted. "I think I was scared at the time."
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

One of the messages read "I got it" - Michalski says that refers to the drugs in the house.
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

Michalski says when he was calling Meneses' phone, he was actually calling Smich.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 9s9 seconds ago
Several deleted msg. Why? AM says he was scared at the time. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s19 seconds ago
At 12:29am he texts Meneses "I got it." Message was for Smich, he says. Meant he got the drugs (from Millard's house). #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 15s15 seconds ago
He deleted because "I was scared." Text to Smich "I got it" at 12:29 p.m. May 11.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s8 seconds ago
There are calls from him to Meneses phone (Smich) at 11:12am and 1:54pm. Michalski says these were about the drop. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9s9 seconds ago
That was reference to drugs from the Maplewood house. Texts with Smich about "the drop."

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 7s8 seconds ago
Michalski to smich. May 11 "tell him where its at. And ask him to bring it to me w the other thing" (tool box) @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14s14 seconds ago
Series of texts received from Smich Saturday afternoon, May 11. "Tell him were its at and ask him to bring it to me with the other thing."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10s11 seconds ago
More texts from Meneses phone (Smich).
At 2:22pm: "Tell him were its at and ask him to bring it to me with the other thing." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes now4 seconds ago
Then: "link me back ASAP." (Aka Call me back, Michalski explains).
Then: "_____296A3"
Then: "she's taking the phone to work at 5." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 16s16 seconds ago
"She's takin the phone to work at 5," Smich says, referring to Marlena. So texts switch to different phone. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3s3 seconds ago
Texts now from Say10 — Mark's phone.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 11s12 seconds ago
After 5 pm on the 11. Smich changes phones. No longer communicates w old #. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
Then texts between Michalski and Hagerman (arranging to meet). #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes now3 seconds ago
Then a message from him to someone (he can't remember who): "I'll link you in a bit." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 8s8 seconds ago
Then calls with Meneses phone. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 3s4 seconds ago
Several calls are also placed by either Marlena or smich uising her phone. Smich is trying to locate the "drop" @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4s4 seconds ago
Number of voice calls placed by Michalski to Smich after he made the drop. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 11s12 seconds ago
Jury back, Millard roommate Andrew Michalski still in the witness box. #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members