932 users online (92 members and 840 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35
    Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    It was in the Wikipedia article that the neighbor said Joan brought the children back over to her house and said she would be back.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp..._of_Joan_Risch

According to various accounts, the story seems to differ, so I don't know how it really happened.
    Wikipedia isn't the best source, IMHO -- it's not a primary source and it's not MSM. I think the original statement, written at the time of the disappearance, is much more reliable.

Ok, so that same PDF that has the original police report also has a copy of the article cited by Wikipedia. The article is entitled, "Timetable of vital day in the life of Joan Risch," Boston Record American, Jan 3, 1962. The article says that Joan walked Lillian and David over to the Barkers said that her mother said she would be back. Baker did not report seeing Joan or speaking with her, nor did she report David being over, or being told that she would be back "soon" or anything like that.

Since the journalist probably did not interview 4-year-old Lillian, I have to wonder if s/he just got that wrong, since it's the only contemporary source I know of that claimed that Joan said "I'll be back" to her daughter.

I highly recommend reading that entire article and all of the original sources because it also has a lot of other details that may or may not be true, including sightings of a car in the driveway from a school bus.
    Last edited by Skigirl; 09-17-2017 at 09:26 AM.

I feel that LE should go back to step 1 on this case. They should re-interview the daughter, the neighbor, and comb over the husband's statement.....this is not a crime done by a stranger. I think that the statements about a bloody lady walking along a road are ridiculous...I would stop...wouldn't you???

Quote Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
    I feel that LE should go back to step 1 on this case. They should re-interview the daughter, the neighbor, and comb over the husband's statement.....this is not a crime done by a stranger. I think that the statements about a bloody lady walking along a road are ridiculous...I would stop...wouldn't you???
    I understand your frustration and honestly missed opportunities, lack of follow up, and just plain old "let's not go there" are all common elements in a lot of these older cold cases and disappearances. Like someone else said, the only hope may be a death bead confession at this point. The only problem with re-interviewing is their age...Last I checked the Barkers are still alive but I think they are late 80s or 90. On your other points...I don't believe it was random or a stranger...As far as the statements of the lady walking along the road, Sorry, but I 100% believe them. If it was one I might go along with you. But, three independent eyewitnesses? I cannot explain no one pulling over, but, come on people not coming to the aid of someone in trouble is not exactly a new phenomenon...

Joan Risch, Website with PDF

Regarding this website, http://truth-link.org/summary.html, It looks like the former site went dormant for several months and got replaced by this one. I checked it out a few times to see if the owner had any new updates. It is the same pdf, repackaged. The blog menu has become full of spam and telemarketing entries. Once again I reached out to the owner and received no response.

Quote Originally Posted by jgfitzge View Post
    Regarding this website, http://truth-link.org/summary.html, It looks like the former site went dormant for several months and got replaced by this one. I checked it out a few times to see if the owner had any new updates. It is the same pdf, repackaged. The blog menu has become full of spam and telemarketing entries. Once again I reached out to the owner and received no response.
    This new page identified the persons who are responsible for Joan's disappearance and her murdery.
    But no more informations than in the old pdf.

Can these tips be checked by police? Finally.

In my country it is not allowed to accuse anybody if there are no strong evidences. As a minimum, a person running this type of website would be questioned by the police.

That website is quite strange and doesn't really give any information. Why would Joan's neighbors want to kill her? Who would even have been home at that time of day...housewives? Kids? What would be the reason for a conspiracy to murder her? The Risch family wasn't well off enough to make kidnapping her for ransom worth it, were they?

Quote Originally Posted by dogperson View Post
    That website is quite strange and doesn't really give any information. Why would Joan's neighbors want to kill her? Who would even have been home at that time of day...housewives? Kids? What would be the reason for a conspiracy to murder her? The Risch family wasn't well off enough to make kidnapping her for ransom worth it, were they?
    I think that some of the information that that person dug up is really interesting; the PDF includes what I believe to be real police call logs, interview notes and the like. My understanding is that he paid for a lot of FOIA requests with the plan of making a documentary or writing a book. Where I think things went off the rails is in the conclusions. He's been pointing to that little plot of land for years without saying why she would be buried there. It's sort of implied it had something to do with wanting to sell the land, the park that went in where that neighborhood is, eminent domain, and the neighbors wanting to consolidate land around their house, but it's not clear what he thinks the connection is. Just as well, since it seems pretty unlikely that that was Joan's fate (though stranger things have happened). I just wish he'd make more of the primary source material that he's gathered available.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35