967 users online (185 members and 782 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Bumping up

Bumping up

Been awhile since I read about Harvey Glatman but wasn't that around the time period that he was "shooting" photos of starlets, etc.?

I'm with son, Steve Hodel on this one.

A supporter of Hodel's theory is Deputy District Attorney Stephen Kay, a former prosecutor in the Charles Manson case who worked with Steve Hodel for many years. Based on Hodel's evidence, Kay said he would have no reluctance to file a murder case against Dr. Hodel if he was alive.

Steve's sister, age 68, was alive in 2003, when his book came out. She supports Steve's theory.

Hi
    I think she looks alot like Elizebeth Short too.I do feel the disappearances could be connected.Did they really investigate if they were.

suzanne
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

The mob angle makes for a good read but the most likely explaination is an illegal abortion gone bad (the pregnancy and reference to Dr. Scott). This was not an all together unusual event in the days before Roe Vs. Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    The mob angle makes for a good read but the most likely explaination is an illegal abortion gone bad (the pregnancy and reference to Dr. Scott). This was not an all together unusual event in the days before Roe Vs. Wade.
    I agree. I wonder if this was an abortion gone bad-that might have hurt some famous person's career. I think she was disposed of to keep everything quite.

Was "Kirk" supposed to be Kirk Douglas?

Alleged, but unconfirmed. He claimed not to know her, and she never mentioned a last name. Also, he was out of town when she disappeared. Supposedly police were suspicious anyway because he contacted the police before they tried to contact him. I suspect that someone from the studio knew that his name had come up in the investigation and contacted him to try to nip any possible scandal in the bud. He denied knowing Jean except through her being an extra on one of his movies - but supposedly her mother saw him pick Jean up at her house at least twice, so who knows.

Interesting that her purse was found near or at the gate to Griffith Park...apparently over 200 people made a search there for her. Of course, there are definitely areas of the park that are quite rugged, and it's possible that her remains are still in the park somewhere, possibly having been attacked there while walking home? She had no money, so she would not have been able to take a streetcar or a cab.

Bumping up

Just thought I would throw it out there that I find it odd her ex was dismissed simply on his new wife's word. How often do relatives/significant others cover for someone? Is there anyone else who can verify Mr. Benner's story?

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    I always thought there might be a possibility there might be a connection between Spangler's disappearence and the murders of Elizabeth Short and Georgette Bauerdorf.

Georgette looks similar to the other two women. She was murdered in 1944 in her home. There are some loose connections between she and Short. They both frequented the same hollywood canteen and allegedly Georgette even mentions Short in her diary.
    http://georgettebauerdorf.com/

Ice Cold Case: Georgette Bauerdorf(20); Oil Heiress Murdered in Her Home in 1944 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgette_Bauerdorf
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Anyone know if her daughter is still alive?

60 years ago...

Jean disappeared 60 years ago this month.

Several photos of her at this link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/436dfca.html

I don't believe the Hodel angle. I don't think he is the Black Dahlia
    killer, nor do I think he had anything to do with Jean’s appearance. Both Elizabeth and Jean seemed to have associated with some rather seedy characters..

I get the vibe that Kirk Douglas knows more than he claims. It is widely believed that he raped Natalie Wood when she was a teen and I have heard from industry friends that there are some rather unsavory facts that will come out when Douglas dies.

LA from the time period of Georgette Bauerdorf’s death at least till the early 50s was a very dangerous place for young brunettes. An alarming number of young women went missing, were murdered or raped during that time.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast