1167 users online (214 members and 953 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    I have to wonder how many Kirks Jean knew but, if memory serves me correctly, Jean's mom supposedly saw the Kirk she was dating from a distance and didn't think it was Douglas. A TV program covered this case but I don't remember which one right now.
    Last edited by STANDREID; 08-16-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    I have to wonder how many Kirks Jean knew but, if memory serves me correctly, Jean's mom supposedly saw the Kirk she was dating form a distance and didn't think it was Douglas. A TV program covered this case but I don't remember which one right now.
    Stan, it was on Mysteries and Scandals, the show that used to be on E!

It's on youtube in four parts. Here is Part One:

Jean Spangler - Part 1 - Mysteries and Scandals (2001) - YouTube

I haven't had time to watch part one all the way through. I want to watch the whole show but won't have time until next weekend maybe.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 08:21 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Thanks Mary. I was thinking it was one of those types of shows and it was the first I heard of the case.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

I want to know whatever happened to Jean's ex and her daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    There was a person listed on LDS called Dexter Benner born 1920 died in 2007 his social security number was issued in CA, can't see anything for the daughter though.

Thanks MaryLiz for the "Mysteries & Scandals" link. I always loved that show. I liked the E channel back then before it became Kardashian TV.

Anyway I remember that episode, I think it was the first time I heard about Jean Spangler. The show really filled in a lot of the gaps. I still wonder about her daughter and ex though. He may be dead by now but I'm sure she is still around. It sounded like the show producers were able to locate them. I wonder if his contempt of court charges were ever taken care of or did they live in hiding for the rest of their lives?
    I know she wouldn't have information to solve the case but I would love to hear from her.

didn't that show imply that jean's sister got custody of the kid and they moved out of state?

According to the Wiki article on Jean Spangler, Dexter Benner was born March 20, 1920 and died May 7, 2007. Their daughter was born April 22, 1944. I assume she is still alive but I can't find out any info on her.

Jean Spangler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 08:15 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Please Help Find Brian Shaffer!

www.findbrianshaffer.com

That man had a very long life. Is there any way to pull obits for him to see who showed up-maybe we can trace Jean's daughter from that.

Quote Originally Posted by momtolil View Post
    Wow... That story in your link is intriguing. Now I want to know the answer to this mystery. It's a few years old. Does the blogger ever give up any names in later entries?

The dates may not march, but the story never really gave any concrete dates, did it? Is there any way that the girl in the story (if it's true) could be Jean? It could explain why there are so few clues in her case. and possibly why the Kirk Douglas angle was never really looked into.
    I don't think he'll reveal this one. Also, it could well be from that era but I'd be surprised if all those were still alive in 2007, but Douglas is and so you never know. I always found it a bit suspicious that Jack Nicholson bought Marlon Brando's house then had it knocked down, but I doubt they'd be classed as being around during the glory days of Hollywood.

From the post by Anthrobones on page 1, post 13

''Jeanís ex-husband Dexter Benner, got custody of Christine but two years after the dark-haired beautyís disappearance, an attempt by Benner to have the child adopted by his new wife on the grounds of abandonment was blocked by the court, the judge ruling that there was no proof that Jean Spangler was alive or dead. Jeanís mother by that time had given up hope that her daughter was alive, however. "Iím sure she would have communicated with us if she was alive and free. And nobody can tell me should have left her baby unless she was forced to."

weird move on the dad's part-why would the dad have filed to have his new wife adopt the child. Wouldn't the new wife have filed the paperwork?

weird move on the dad's part-why would the dad have filed to have his new wife adopt the child. Wouldn't the new wife have filed the paperwork?
    Maybe it was just worded that way.

Still sounds shady as hell. And so does this hubby, but I don't think he was involved in Jean going missing

Here you go http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/ob...7.shtml#BENNER, Dexter

Christine Williams appears to be Dexter and Jeans daughter.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast