786 users online (115 members and 671 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Kenneth Gautier, 20, Ruskin, 1 May 1975

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33291/7/
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4881dmfl.html
    http://www.nampn.org/cases/gautier_kenneth_lee.html

Added to NamUs 4/11/16. Dentals and fingerprints not available; initial inquiry underway for DNA.

The date missing differs; Doe says May 1st, NamUs says June 1st, Nampn says May/June. I put May in the Title so as not to rule out possible matches in case they were found in May '75.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Thanks for adding this, Springrain. I wanted to when he popped into NamUs and didn't find a page for him, but didn't know how, or if I even have the ability to add people. I'm still learning the ropes.
    I went looking for possible matches but nothing popped out at me. There are a lot of UIDs in Florida (all over, actually) with little to no information available, which is very sad.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

I'm frustrated as I haven't been able to find anything about Kenneth, apart from the links I posted above. Anyway, I found a UID I think might be a good match.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1183umfl.html
    Killed in FL in summer 1975. He had long hair like Kenneth, and I think there's a fair resemblance. Broward County is about 3 1/4 hours away from Ruskin. That isn't too bad of a distance. I wrote more about it on 1183UMFL's thread.

ETA: Side by side of Kenneth and UID.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Springrain; 04-16-2016 at 04:04 AM.

I looked at that one in NamUs, but dismissed it because they put the probable time of death was listed from 1973-1975, but that doesn't mean much I'm finding out.
    Missing two fingers and having scars on his right hand unfortunately may not help identify him if the remains are completely skeletal. They missing bones might be considered just lost and not found, as opposed to an antemortem wound, especially in the case of one of the matches I found, in which the remains were scattered.
    Other possible matches
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1330
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1323
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5286 (this one has absolutely no information other than demographics and a sketch)
    I'm going to check other states next

I wonder what state his flat was in and whether anything significant was missing when his family went round there. A degree of disarray would suggest his disappearance was probably not voluntary whereas hiking kit being missing would suggest he took some time out and something happened away from home.

He was visiting his uncle in Ruskin namus says. There has to be more info like where the Uncle said he went or the last time he saw him.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

Spring, what do you think of this one? There is no information available. It was found in AL in 1991 but doesn't state what the estimated TOD is. Same height. Right age range, depending on when the UP died. There is no dental or DNA available. No hair color. No eye color.
    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14028
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bummer, that can't be him, I just read LA Gear started in 1979 and became really popular at the end of the 80s/early 90s. That might help pinpoint a TOD for another MP closer to that time, however.

I believe his family has set up a FB page for him.

Hello, I am Kenneth Lee's sister. I have recently reopened this investigation. I appreciate from the bottom of my heart any and all help. Springrain - I saw the similarity in that case too. I have asked The Doe Network to look into for me. We are in the process of securing DNA - my sister already swabbed and I should be soon. What other information can I give you? I corrected the missing date on NamUs. He last spoke to my mother 6/26/75 so it was right after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo33 View Post
    Hello, I am Kenneth Lee's sister. I have recently reopened this investigation. I appreciate from the bottom of my heart any and all help. Springrain - I saw the similarity in that case too. I have asked The Doe Network to look into for me. We are in the process of securing DNA - my sister already swabbed and I should be soon. What other information can I give you? I corrected the missing date on NamUs. He last spoke to my mother 6/26/75 so it was right after that.
    Hello and welcome to Websleuths! Sorry it is under these circumstances.

Thank you so much for reopening the case and getting it online!

Thanks for correcting the date on NamUs--that helps to clear up confusion. (I will try to edit the thread title or get a mod to do it if I cannot) Another huge thank you for getting the DNA! That's the single most important thing to do. Do you have any other details about his life and why he disappeared? Do you think he walked away of his own free will, or met foul play? Do you have a theory concerning his disappearance?
    Last edited by Springrain; 04-26-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    Bummer, that can't be him, I just read LA Gear started in 1979 and became really popular at the end of the 80s/early 90s. That might help pinpoint a TOD for another MP closer to that time, however.
    Dang it! I hadn't seen this until today. They looked so similar

I noticed Kenneth doesn't have a Charley Project page. I messaged Meaghan on Facebook yesterday; hopefully there is a page made for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo33 View Post
    Welcome!

Florida needs to step up their game. A lot of their older UIDs are listed as not having DNA/Dental/Fingerprints even though they were recently deceased (like traffic accidents or pedestrian/vehicle accidents). DNA I can understand, but the other two should have been obtained. Maybe they have them, it's just not listed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast