FL FL - Kenneth Gautier, 20, Ruskin, 1 May 1975

Springrain

Who was she? Pregnant & stabbed to death
Reaction score
Thanks for adding this, Springrain. I wanted to when he popped into NamUs and didn't find a page for him, but didn't know how, or if I even have the ability to add people. I'm still learning the ropes.
I went looking for possible matches but nothing popped out at me. There are a lot of UIDs in Florida (all over, actually) with little to no information available, which is very sad.

I'm frustrated as I haven't been able to find anything about Kenneth, apart from the links I posted above. Anyway, I found a UID I think might be a good match.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1183umfl.html
Killed in FL in summer 1975. He had long hair like Kenneth, and I think there's a fair resemblance. Broward County is about 3 1/4 hours away from Ruskin. That isn't too bad of a distance. I wrote more about it on 1183UMFL's thread.

ETA: Side by side of Kenneth and UID.

attachment.php

Attachments

• collage-2016-04-16.jpg
    collage-2016-04-16.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 239
I looked at that one in NamUs, but dismissed it because they put the probable time of death was listed from 1973-1975, but that doesn't mean much I'm finding out.
Missing two fingers and having scars on his right hand unfortunately may not help identify him if the remains are completely skeletal. They missing bones might be considered just lost and not found, as opposed to an antemortem wound, especially in the case of one of the matches I found, in which the remains were scattered.
Other possible matches
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1330
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/1323
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5286 (this one has absolutely no information other than demographics and a sketch)
I'm going to check other states next

I wonder what state his flat was in and whether anything significant was missing when his family went round there. A degree of disarray would suggest his disappearance was probably not voluntary whereas hiking kit being missing would suggest he took some time out and something happened away from home.

Spring, what do you think of this one? There is no information available. It was found in AL in 1991 but doesn't state what the estimated TOD is. Same height. Right age range, depending on when the UP died. There is no dental or DNA available. No hair color. No eye color.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14028
attachment.php

Attachments

• UP-1.jpg
    UP-1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 309
Bummer, that can't be him, I just read LA Gear started in 1979 and became really popular at the end of the 80s/early 90s. That might help pinpoint a TOD for another MP closer to that time, however.

Hello, I am Kenneth Lee's sister. I have recently reopened this investigation. I appreciate from the bottom of my heart any and all help. Springrain - I saw the similarity in that case too. I have asked The Doe Network to look into for me. We are in the process of securing DNA - my sister already swabbed and I should be soon. What other information can I give you? I corrected the missing date on NamUs. He last spoke to my mother 6/26/75 so it was right after that.

Hello, I am Kenneth Lee's sister. I have recently reopened this investigation. I appreciate from the bottom of my heart any and all help. Springrain - I saw the similarity in that case too. I have asked The Doe Network to look into for me. We are in the process of securing DNA - my sister already swabbed and I should be soon. What other information can I give you? I corrected the missing date on NamUs. He last spoke to my mother 6/26/75 so it was right after that.

Hello and welcome to Websleuths! Sorry it is under these circumstances.

Thank you so much for reopening the case and getting it online!

Thanks for correcting the date on NamUs--that helps to clear up confusion. (I will try to edit the thread title or get a mod to do it if I cannot) Another huge thank you for getting the DNA! That's the single most important thing to do. :) Do you have any other details about his life and why he disappeared? Do you think he walked away of his own free will, or met foul play? Do you have a theory concerning his disappearance?

Bummer, that can't be him, I just read LA Gear started in 1979 and became really popular at the end of the 80s/early 90s. That might help pinpoint a TOD for another MP closer to that time, however.

Dang it! I hadn't seen this until today. They looked so similar

Welcome!

Florida needs to step up their game. A lot of their older UIDs are listed as not having DNA/Dental/Fingerprints even though they were recently deceased (like traffic accidents or pedestrian/vehicle accidents). DNA I can understand, but the other two should have been obtained. Maybe they have them, it's just not listed?

I'll hope you'll check back and update us when you can!

Bump :rose:

I hope a Charley page will be made for him soon.

I submitted Kenneth as a match for this set of remains, found in 1990 in FL.
Everything matches, except for mentioning his missing digits, however, there is scarring on the right hand and wondering if that detail was specifically omitted? Both have fingerprints available. It's a long shot but worth an inquiry, IMHO
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/6168

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back