681 users online (95 members and 586 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - Teen girls arrested for trying to kidnap 2 year old, Newcastle, 14 April 2016

Two teenage girls have been arrested on suspicion of kidnapping a three-year-old girl in Newcastle city centre.
    A large-scale search was launched when the child went missing from the Primark store in Northumberland Street shortly before 17:00 BST on Wednesday.
    She was found just over an hour later a few miles away in Gosforth and "quickly reunited with her mother", police said.
    The teenagers, aged 13 and 14, are in custody on suspicion of child abduction.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-36041764

So glad the little girl was found, how terrible
    Last edited by flutterby; 04-14-2016 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Kidnap happened yesterday, girls arrested today

What on earth would two young teenagers want with a toddler?

Quote Originally Posted by AC's Grandma View Post
    What on earth would two young teenagers want with a toddler?
    I can't imagine anything good She was take 2.7 miles in an hour. UK & Eire database for all crimes against children have got a great map on Facebook, but I can't find it in MSM. Is it allowed to be posted?

I am really hoping this turns out to be "let's take her home and ask mum what we should do", rather than a Jamie Bulger scenario.

Makes me shudders that the teen killers from last weeks trial were the exact same ages when they murdered Angela Wrightson.

There has been hardly anything about this anywhere. Its very local to me, and nobody is talking about it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    Charged with kidnap (and shoplifting)... doesn't sound like it was an innocuous misunderstanding then.

I feel like the media are being super vague about this. Or maybe it's the police? But at this stage, we really don't know anything at all

Such a crazy case. How did they get so far? Why kidnap the girl? So many questions.

Im really sorry I dont know how to link on my phone, I should really learn. The evening chronicle are reporting that the girls have been charged with sexually motivated kidnap and shoplifting dummies, bottles and milk.

Quote Originally Posted by kimlo View Post
    Im really sorry I dont know how to link on my phone, I should really learn. The evening chronicle are reporting that the girls have been charged with sexually motivated kidnap and shoplifting dummies, bottles and milk.

Sexual motivation? Teenage girls? With a toddler? I can't recall seeing a case like that here before...

Me either, they are young teenagers as well. And it was obviously thought out and planned with the items they had shoplifted. Its horrific.

Link to story

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-Primark.html

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising when we fall

Speechless.

If they're charged with intent to commit a sexual offence, that means they didn't actually do anything, right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast