1193 users online (232 members and 961 guests)  

Websleuths News

VA - Pediatrician's child abuse case set to begin Monday

Prosecutors on Monday plan to argue that a former University of Virginia pediatrician was so frustrated by work-related stress that he abused and tried to kill his own infant daughter.

Dr. Iain Gainov, fired from his post at UVa and accused of burning, neglecting and trying to force water into the baby, is expected to arrive in Albemarle County Circuit Court this morning for a two-day trial.
    http://www.dailyprogress.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=CDP%2FMGArticle%2FCDP_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1128767438686&path=!news
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I see that they are trying to hold back information on his expertise and whether he should have knowledge of what would harm a child. I hope the jury is smarter than that and knows a pediatrician would know better.

I have the appeal for this guy, but no sentence. It's kind of weird as the appeal usually states the prior verdict and sentence. I cannot find him in VA DOC, but he could already be released. There was a weird story saying that he was in Mecklenburg Jail for some reason and had committed suicide there. This was apparently debunked and I have not found any further information. Appeal at link:

http://www.courts.state.va.us/opinio...wp/1481082.pdf

I just want to point out that if Gainov were female, people would be throwing around Munchausen's by proxy here...this wasnt just egregious abuse imo. He created her seizures. Why the HE** would the man fill his infant child with enough water to destroy her electrolyte balance? And then be the one to correctly dx her in the ER???

Sick Sick Sick man.

I am sorry there is not more info on this freak. OOps. Perp. I want to see if his license to practice has been yanked at least.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou