891 users online (179 members and 712 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Alison Wu, Los Angeles, 10 April 2016

Alison Wu "was last seen with Scott Helton by her roommate on Sunday night (4/10). They found their phones and both sets of car keys in her room, and both of their cars are still in her parking space. Scott Helton works at Cedar Sinai hospital in Hollywood. He took her out of school for a week and they went to San Francisco, getting back on Sunday then both disappeared according to her roommates."

http://www.tv3.ie/xpose/article/ente...or-missing-pal
    http://perezhilton.com/2016-04-13-ja...t#.Vw_AFtQrLAU
    http://www.contactmusic.com/james-gu...ng-pal_5213869

Alison Wu is a graduate student at the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health. She was last seen by her roommate on April 10.

She is believed to be with a male friend. Family and friends identify him as Scott Helton.

http://abc7.com/news/search-underway...udent/1300745/

A UC San Diego student who identified herself as a friend of Wu’s posted on Facebook that the couple was spotted at a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf shop between Wilshire and San Vicente at about 7 a.m. April 13. The sighting was not confirmed by UCLA officials.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/...g-for-10-days/

“Although it appears as though Wu is acting on her own free will, her family and friends are concerned,” according to a university statement.

http://www.dailynews.com/general-new...male-companion

Thank you, JerseyGirl for bringing this case to our attention. I did read all your posts, you're not alone here! There seemed to be so little information to go on, I didn't know what I could add to a discussion before. However, how worrisome. She seems like such a bright, lovely young woman.

At that cbslocal link you posted (post #3), JerseyGirl, the friend referenced in the article who gave the update about the coffee shop sighting posted a comment under the news article. <modsnip>

So, I wonder if she can be found amongst the homeless. Do you think the searches have checked this angle out? Maybe by leaving their phones and cars they are shedding their establishment conventions and embracing a sort-of hippie lifestyle?
    Last edited by tlcya; 04-23-2016 at 05:30 PM. Reason: remove rumor member self alerted to

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    So, I wonder if she can be found amongst the homeless. Do you think the searches have checked this angle out? Maybe by leaving their phones and cars they are shedding their establishment conventions and embracing a sort-of hippie lifestyle?
    BBM

Great thought! I hope LE is investigating this possibility.
    When I was young I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older I admire kind people.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ's Mamu View Post
    BBM

Great thought! I hope LE is investigating this possibility.
    I feel this would be a better chance if she wasnt a graduate med student. Thats alot of time, effort and money to suddenly live amongst the homeless. I mean crazier things have happened but I would expect that from someone already living a more "free" lifestyle.

Do they know much about this man, does he even really work at the hospital?

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon10 View Post
    I feel this would be a better chance if she wasnt a graduate med student. Thats alot of time, effort and money to suddenly live amongst the homeless. I mean crazier things have happened but I would expect that from someone already living a more "free" lifestyle.

Do they know much about this man, does he even really work at the hospital?
    She is not a med student- she's in the graduate school of public health- big difference. However, this is very concerning- esp. the part that her roomie 'took her out of school for a week'. Parents take children out of school- what an odd way to word this....
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Is the guy she's missing with pictured in that scary poster in the first post?

Or wait, is that the director of Guardians of the Galaxy?
    Last edited by azure; 04-21-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    She is not a med student- she's in the graduate school of public health- big difference. However, this is very concerning- esp. the part that her roomie 'took her out of school for a week'. Parents take children out of school- what an odd way to word this....
    My mistake, I recalled she was a grad student, just mistaken on in what.

Regardless, being a grad student is a stretch to go to think she would likely give up her life to live free and homeless.

Im just concerned who this man is and if he really works at the hospital and where in SF did they go.

I wonder if anyone has tried contacting SH at work, calling and talking to his employer. Has he shown for work, is he still at his job? IMHO

I hope they find this man. Cause I'm sure they will probably find her.

All the articles I find focus on the fact that Alison is missing, but what about SH, who she is presumed to be with? He would be missing too, yet there doesn't seem to be the same concern for his missingness. (Is that a word, lol.) I would think he has family/friends that are worried that he is missing. Is that of significance, I wonder. Just thinking aloud. As Portabella said, what do his employer and coworkers have to say about his absence.

I don't have Facebook. Is there any word there on a planned search this weekend? I don't see anything in the news reports that I can find.

maybe she was stressed and disillusioned by school? I thought that was actually somewhat common.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon10 View Post
    My mistake, I recalled she was a grad student, just mistaken on in what.

Regardless, being a grad student is a stretch to go to think she would likely give up her life to live free and homeless.

Im just concerned who this man is and if he really works at the hospital and where in SF did they go.

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    maybe she was stressed and disillusioned by school? I thought that was actually somewhat common.
    Im just giving the benefit of doubt that she would have the integrity to not drop it all after getting so far. But crazier things have happened.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast