1233 users online (237 members and 996 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CA - Jacob Vargas, 2, Soledad, 14 April 2016

http://www.missingkids.org/poster/AM...71/9123/screen

http://www.ksbw.com/news/amber-alert...n-car/39024598

Police say a car theft has turned into an Amber Alert.

Be on the lookout for:

BLACK HONDA ACCORD with damage to the rear bumper.

License plate number 7-L-I-E-2-4-4.
    Car reported stolen from his father's driveway on Head Street.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...ledad-toddler/

Jacob is a Hispanic male with with brown hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a beige beanie, blue sweater, white shirt with yellow stripes and blue jeans at the time of the abduction.
    ETA: Amber Alert says this child's name is Jason Vargas, MSM says Jacob Jesus Vargas.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-14-2016 at 02:20 PM.

CHP says that Vargas was left inside inside their Honda with the engine on while his father ran back inside their home and that's when the suspect hopped into the driver's seat and drove off.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post

ETA: Amber Alert says this child's name is Jason Vargas, MSM says Jacob Jesus Vargas.
    Prayers. He's so beautiful.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Oh no I hope he is found safe and soon!

Always wary about a car theft with a child inside.. Don't let this be like Lonzie

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Car thieves do not want children. My best guess would be that the person dropped this kid off somewhere secluded so as not to be seen leaving a child and then sped off. If that is the case hopefully someone finds him quickly before something happens to him. I would think an alley, an empty park, an empty house backyard, etc.

If this story is even true the kid is going to be somewhere close by. That person would want to ditch the kid as quick as possible.

I hope the thief is just a thief, not a kidnapper. Due to the circumstances of the auto theft, I say it's likely to speculate that the kid will be dropped off somewhere, though he'll have to be careful about that, trying to be inconspicuous since the Amber Alert is out on the car. But who knows? We'll just wait for updates.

Possible, probably likely. He could do that, or maybe he'll ditch the car's license plate and steal another to avoid suspicion, if the case being that he still wants the car. That way, he can drop the child somewhere with more ease. No immediate suspicion.

Ugh! I hope he ditches the car and let's LEO know where the car is. So scary😢

The article states that the car was warming up? Is it cold in SF right now? Or this morning? Why would you place your child in a car while it warming up? I find that odd. Not saying it isn't true but just weird IMO. I hope Jacob is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if there's surveillance on the street? The house is right down in the center of a cul-de-sac. Seems strange that a car thief
    would be walking/looking for a opportunity in a cul-de-sac!

I honestly don't know what to make of the story.

Did anyone else see this car theft happen? At that time of morning in my neighborhood lots of people are going to work and kids are walking to the bus stop.

I agree with how odd it is that a car thief happened to be walking around a cul-de-sac at 7am during the exact moment the dad needs to run back inside for something real quick.

When was the last time anyone other than dad saw little Jacob? Where is mom?

Quote Originally Posted by dyannaON View Post
    The article states that the car was warming up? Is it cold in SF right now? Or this morning? Why would you place your child in a car while it warming up? I find that odd. Not saying it isn't true but just weird IMO. I hope Jacob is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I'm not really getting the warming up thing. Granted, I'm about 100 miles away from where this happened in CA, it's just not that cold in the mornings now. I looked at the weather for Soledad and it's about the same as what we're having where I'm at. So, that part seems weird to me, but who knows.

I sure hope he is found soon and safe.

Oh no! Thankfully , the last few cases I've seen like this (car jackings/robbery) with a child inside have turned out where the child was found safe. Please let this be the case here. He is adorable!

Never leave your little one alone in the car, not even for a second!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast