MA - Kelly Sugarman, 36, murdered in her Grafton home, 13 April 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Poor Baby. What a nightmare. I hope she can heal from all of this trauma some day. :candle:

It's really heartbreaking. Of course she must have seen something terribly upsetting. The video describes the little 5 yr. old girl was running down the street in her pajamas shortly after 6 a.m. Happy family pic, now this. Didn't the father give his precious little daughter any thought?

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/04/13/grafton-suspicious-death-worcester-street/

Neighbor said, "She had to have seen something. What was she running from?"

This poor child. I don't understand why you would take away your child's parent. If you don't want to live, don't take someone else's life, just take your own. Sounds like murder-suicide except he lived.

I don't think this was planned in any way. A sudden fight, he kills her, then decides to do himself in. I say that only because I would hope he'd have a shred of concern left to make sure his daughter was safe someplace else if this was planned. Or was it staged and he was hoping to be found before he actually died? Which ever way it happened, I'm struggling to understand how you forget your child so easily. Don't give me that I wasn't thinking excuse...You poured all this love on your princess for five years then totally disregard how you're going to leave her emotionally scarred for the rest of her life. The one last decent thing you could've done was consider your child.

She's only five yrs. old and running down the street in her pajamas probably terrified and she has no idea why everything changed in her life one morning.

Here's more info on what happened. Keeping the little girl in my prayers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eets-leads-police-to-her-dead-mother/?ref=yfp

Her parents were at home — her father in the kitchen clutching a knife that was stuck in his neck, her mother lifeless on a bedroom floor.

Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early told reporters that the “bright little girl” led officers to the house, where they found her father, 42-year-old Michael Sugarman, who was still alive and is expected to be charged in connection with the death of the girl’s mother, 36-year-old Kelly Sugarman.

The woman had been strangled and beaten, authorities later said.

Although the motive is unclear, authorities told the news agency that it appears the couple had been fighting about their finances.

McLaughlin said Sugarman, who had stopped taking his medications, killed his wife then tried to kill himself, according to the station.

At least he didn't kill his little girl too. I don't want to defend the , since he killed his wife. But I do feel relieved that he didn't kill his child---although he did ruin her childhood, and a good portion of her life and spirit and irreparably broke her heart. :rose:

At least he didn't kill his little girl too. I don't want to defend the , since he killed his wife. But I do feel relieved that he didn't kill his child---although he did ruin her childhood, and a good portion of her life and spirit and irreparably broke her heart. :rose:

It's the best we can do to find the one good thing in this story that at least he didn't kill the little girl. Hope she gets placed in a good home to help her heal. A friend said they were really a happy family. Some comments about the father made it sound like he was struggling with health or mental issues and the sole supporter of the family. Sounds like a sudden authentic "just snapped" type crime.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/04/prosecutor_5-year-old_daughter.html

The 5-year-old daughter of Kelly and Michael Sugarman saw her father choking her mother inside the family's Grafton home last week, a prosecutor said as murder charges were brought forward Thursday...

Sugarman was evaluated by a doctor Thursday and is now being sent to Bridgewater State Hospital. He will be evaluated in order to determine if he is competent to stand trial.

Doctor AnnMarie Murray testified that Sugarman had some recent psychiatric hospitalization.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn
Back