1352 users online (321 members and 1031 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - Lindsay Johnson, 20, charged in death of newborn, Champaign, 13 March 2016

A University of Illinois student who authorities allege purposely suffocated her newborn infant in the bathroom of a dormitory on campus has been charged with his murder.

Lindsay L. Johnson, 20, of Monee, was criminally charged Monday with first-degree murder, child endangerment and concealment of a homicidal death in connection with the March 13 birth and death of Robert Johnson.
    http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...nts-death.html

What a horror. I understand the panic this young woman must have felt, but why didn't she just go to a hospital or fire station and leave the child? Or even to the bathroom of a fast food place. The baby would have been found and given care.

She was alone and apparently no one knew, or so it sounds thus far. Surely some of her friends, roommate, etc., suspected.

We'll have to wait for the full autopsy, etc., to see what caused the infant's death. Oh, what a sad, sad story. A beautiful miracle gone.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Very sad and very disturbing.
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON
    MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    What a horror. I understand the panic this young woman must have felt, but why didn't she just go to a hospital or fire station and leave the child? Or even to the bathroom of a fast food place. The baby would have been found and given care.

She was alone and apparently no one knew, or so it sounds thus far. Surely some of her friends, roommate, etc., suspected.

We'll have to wait for the full autopsy, etc., to see what caused the infant's death. Oh, what a sad, sad story. A beautiful miracle gone.
    A beautiful miracle gone.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

I'm local to this. It was reported that she admitted to putting her hand over his mouth to quiet him after the police told her people reported hearing a baby cry...before that she had said that he was stillborn. It's not something we've ever really had to deal with here...sad, sad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by kimi_SFC View Post
    A beautiful miracle gone.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsb2001 View Post
    I'm local to this. It was reported that she admitted to putting her hand over his mouth to quiet him after the police told her people reported hearing a baby cry...before that she had said that he was stillborn. It's not something we've ever really had to deal with here...sad, sad situation.
    Thanks for the post, mrsb2001. It's a sad, sad situation for so many. It is always helpful and so special to have someone from the area here on Websleuths. I'm sure there are a lot of folks around your area just shaking their heads and wondering, wondering, wondering. And there is almost always more to the story than meets the eye.

I just saw this article. It appears that another young woman "disposed" of her newborn and has been convicted of 1st Degree Murder - Life in prison without parole. Hmmm.

IMO, that's something for Ms. Johnson and her attorney to consider...

Michigan mom who left baby to die in cold garage sentenced

MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. --A 25-year-old Detroit-area mother was formerly sentenced Tuesday in the death of her newborn child, reports CBS Detroit.

Angela Alexie was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, according to the station. The child's body was found at a recycling center in January 2015.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/angela-alexie-michigan-mom-who-left-baby-to-die-in-cold-garage-sentenced/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ghlight=alexie
    Last edited by borndem; 04-21-2016 at 01:17 AM.