864 users online (122 members and 742 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #10

Please continue discussion here until the trial resumes Monday morning, April 18.

Special note to any Websleuths members who may attend court:

Whatever you hear in the courtroom that is being discussed outside the presence of the jury is NOT to be brought to the threads.

As always, please be respectful and remember:

The Rules

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Your Ignore List and You

Last edited by sillybilly; 04-15-2016 at 02:27 AM.

Remembering Tim Bosma and waiting for Justice

National Post

By Molly Hayes

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
    Photo courtesy of the Bosma family

Tim Bosma and his baby daughter
    Photo courtesy of the Bosma family

Tim and Sharlene Bosma's wedding pic displayed at the memorial for Tim
    from: http://www.thespec.com/news-story/62...hter-to-court/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tim Bosma trial: Dellen Millard stole 'for the thrill of it,' friend says
    By Adam Carter, CBC News Posted: Apr 14, 2016

Andrew Michalski tells jury he was confident aviation heir would 'protect him'

Aviation heir Dellen Millard stole a Bobcat tractor and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle "for the thrill of it," his friend Andrew Michalski testified Thursday at the trial of the two men accused of killing Hamilton man Tim Bosma.

Testifying in Superior Court in Hamilton for a third day, Michalski, 26, who is from Etobicoke, Ont., told the jury that he probably wouldn't have started stealing things if not for the influence of Millard.

"I guess I felt safe around him I can't explain it," the Etobicoke, Ont., man said. "He had money, he could protect me. I was confident he would do that for me."

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    Tim Bosma trial: Dellen Millard stole 'for the thrill of it,' friend says
    By Adam Carter, CBC News Posted: Apr 14, 2016

Andrew Michalski tells jury he was confident aviation heir would 'protect him'

Aviation heir Dellen Millard stole a Bobcat tractor and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle "for the thrill of it," his friend Andrew Michalski testified Thursday at the trial of the two men accused of killing Hamilton man Tim Bosma.

Testifying in Superior Court in Hamilton for a third day, Michalski, 26, who is from Etobicoke, Ont., told the jury that he probably wouldn't have started stealing things if not for the influence of Millard.

"I guess I felt safe around him … I can't explain it," the Etobicoke, Ont., man said. "He had money, he could protect me. I was confident he would do that for me."
    In other words, AM figured DM could buy his way out of whatever trouble came their way. Not at all an uncommon impression young people often have of those with $$

Oh, and for the record, I never believed MS buried a gun in the forest. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't ring true.

There is still much more evidence that will be presented when MM and CN take the stand. I believe it will not only be more revealing, but also make the fragmented pieces we've seen to date very telling.

I am holding back from concluding anything at this time because I see a definite exponential pattern to evidence presentation. Hold on! Next week will make the richter scale look linear. MOO

I can't see how AM felt 'protected' by DM. Did he not have a clue when his friend Laura Babcock went missing and then Mr Millard supposedly killed himself? DM had something on him IMO and he did whatever Dellen the Fellon told him to do. I think he was afraid of Smich that night but he was also afraid of his roommate DM.JMO
    Last edited by matou; 04-15-2016 at 08:49 AM.

One loose end that I'm kid of wondering about. We have seen the various departments of Millards so called business. Millard scouts for items, his crew looks out and steals the items, and then SS removes any tracking devices and makes them usable. However, given what DM said to AM about needing to raise cash, we have not seen any evidence of items being sold for cash. Tim's truck was for Millard's personal use, so even though we have AMs testimony about needing raise cash, we have not seen any evidence of them actually doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    I can't see how AM felt 'protected' by DM. Did he not have a clue when his friend Laura Babcock went missing and then Mr Millard supposedly killed himself? DM had something on him IMO and he did whatever Dellen the Fellon told him to do. I think he was afraid of Smich that night but he was also afraid of his roommate DM.JMO
    I don't buy that. AM felt protected because for the first time in his life he was living away from his parents and doing what he wanted. Money wasn't much of an issue for him because he didn't seem to be paying for rent, food or drugs. Life was good. Millard was confident, didn't let people tell him what to do or how to live his life, and that probably appealed to someone like AM.

Can someone put my mind at ease(tech question) i was somewhat afraid of joining this site because if it got hacked by a criminal they could go after those with comments they didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by mimimic View Post
    Can someone put my mind at ease(tech question) i was somewhat afraid of joining this site because if it got hacked by a criminal they could go after those with comments they didn't like.
    In the unlikely event that there was a hack, the only information gained about you would be your email address. Rest assured, you are safe.

Quote Originally Posted by andreww View Post
    One loose end that I'm kid of wondering about. We have seen the various departments of Millards so called business. Millard scouts for items, his crew looks out and steals the items, and then SS removes any tracking devices and makes them usable. However, given what DM said to AM about needing to raise cash, we have not seen any evidence of items being sold for cash. Tim's truck was for Millard's personal use, so even though we have AMs testimony about needing raise cash, we have not seen any evidence of them actually doing so.
    If they are still looking into stolen items and vehicles that we are the hangar like SS said, the talk of items being sold is probably inadmissible in this trial.

Quote Originally Posted by andreww View Post
    As far as I am concerned DM wasn't running a business at all. He was simply a hoarder as well as a thief with big time aspirations.

When anyone would be at the Riverside property where would it say their phones pinged off of?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoo1961 View Post
    As far as I am concerned DM wasn't running a business at all. He was simply a hoarder as well as a thief with big time aspirations.
    Yes, but the prosecution has stated that Millard said he needed to come up with cash. Wasn't that conversation shortly after his dads death? By May, either Millard would have had to steal and sell a lot of stuff, or his need for cash was greatly exaggerated.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast