National Post

By Molly Hayes

B821254669Z.1_20130514195432_000_GQ9VSLAR.2_Content.jpg

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
Photo courtesy of the Bosma family​

Tim Bosma trial: Dellen Millard stole 'for the thrill of it,' friend says
By Adam Carter, CBC News Posted: Apr 14, 2016

Andrew Michalski tells jury he was confident aviation heir would 'protect him'

Aviation heir Dellen Millard stole a Bobcat tractor and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle "for the thrill of it," his friend Andrew Michalski testified Thursday at the trial of the two men accused of killing Hamilton man Tim Bosma.

Testifying in Superior Court in Hamilton for a third day, Michalski, 26, who is from Etobicoke, Ont., told the jury that he probably wouldn't have started stealing things if not for the influence of Millard.

"I guess I felt safe around him … I can't explain it," the Etobicoke, Ont., man said. "He had money, he could protect me. I was confident he would do that for me."

Tim Bosma trial: Dellen Millard stole 'for the thrill of it,' friend says
By Adam Carter, CBC News Posted: Apr 14, 2016

Andrew Michalski tells jury he was confident aviation heir would 'protect him'

Aviation heir Dellen Millard stole a Bobcat tractor and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle "for the thrill of it," his friend Andrew Michalski testified Thursday at the trial of the two men accused of killing Hamilton man Tim Bosma.

Testifying in Superior Court in Hamilton for a third day, Michalski, 26, who is from Etobicoke, Ont., told the jury that he probably wouldn't have started stealing things if not for the influence of Millard.

"I guess I felt safe around him … I can't explain it," the Etobicoke, Ont., man said. "He had money, he could protect me. I was confident he would do that for me."

In other words, AM figured DM could buy his way out of whatever trouble came their way. Not at all an uncommon impression young people often have of those with $$

Oh, and for the record, I never believed MS buried a gun in the forest. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't ring true.

There is still much more evidence that will be presented when MM and CN take the stand. I believe it will not only be more revealing, but also make the fragmented pieces we've seen to date very telling.

I am holding back from concluding anything at this time because I see a definite exponential pattern to evidence presentation. Hold on! Next week will make the richter scale look linear. MOO

I can't see how AM felt 'protected' by DM. Did he not have a clue when his friend Laura Babcock went missing and then Mr Millard supposedly killed himself? DM had something on him IMO and he did whatever Dellen the Fellon told him to do. I think he was afraid of Smich that night but he was also afraid of his roommate DM.JMO

One loose end that I'm kid of wondering about. We have seen the various departments of Millards so called business. Millard scouts for items, his crew looks out and steals the items, and then SS removes any tracking devices and makes them usable. However, given what DM said to AM about needing to raise cash, we have not seen any evidence of items being sold for cash. Tim's truck was for Millard's personal use, so even though we have AMs testimony about needing raise cash, we have not seen any evidence of them actually doing so.

I can't see how AM felt 'protected' by DM. Did he not have a clue when his friend Laura Babcock went missing and then Mr Millard supposedly killed himself? DM had something on him IMO and he did whatever Dellen the Fellon told him to do. I think he was afraid of Smich that night but he was also afraid of his roommate DM.JMO

I don't buy that. AM felt protected because for the first time in his life he was living away from his parents and doing what he wanted. Money wasn't much of an issue for him because he didn't seem to be paying for rent, food or drugs. Life was good. Millard was confident, didn't let people tell him what to do or how to live his life, and that probably appealed to someone like AM.

Can someone put my mind at ease(tech question) i was somewhat afraid of joining this site because if it got hacked by a criminal they could go after those with comments they didn't like.

Can someone put my mind at ease(tech question) i was somewhat afraid of joining this site because if it got hacked by a criminal they could go after those with comments they didn't like.

In the unlikely event that there was a hack, the only information gained about you would be your email address. Rest assured, you are safe.

One loose end that I'm kid of wondering about. We have seen the various departments of Millards so called business. Millard scouts for items, his crew looks out and steals the items, and then SS removes any tracking devices and makes them usable. However, given what DM said to AM about needing to raise cash, we have not seen any evidence of items being sold for cash. Tim's truck was for Millard's personal use, so even though we have AMs testimony about needing raise cash, we have not seen any evidence of them actually doing so.

If they are still looking into stolen items and vehicles that we are the hangar like SS said, the talk of items being sold is probably inadmissible in this trial.

As far as I am concerned DM wasn't running a business at all. He was simply a hoarder as well as a thief with big time aspirations.

When anyone would be at the Riverside property where would it say their phones pinged off of?

As far as I am concerned DM wasn't running a business at all. He was simply a hoarder as well as a thief with big time aspirations.

Yes, but the prosecution has stated that Millard said he needed to come up with cash. Wasn't that conversation shortly after his dads death? By May, either Millard would have had to steal and sell a lot of stuff, or his need for cash was greatly exaggerated.

Since DM was such a "social" guy who loved to host BBQ pool parties, I'd love to know if he hosted one on the Canada Day long weekend in 2012 and who all attended. I guess we'll find out during the LB trial.

When it is suggested that these "minions" of DM know more than they're saying, my mind always goes back to that weekend and what we believe may be the first "BBQ" event that may have involved a victim.

Hoping that whatever conversations that could not be retrieved on MS's devices were picked up from DM's IPhone and we get a clearer picture on Monday. Makes sense why MS used that IPad I messaging system if many of his contacts, including DM and likely MM were using iPhones and he was using a Blackberry. Especially if he didn't have a package plan on any of the phones he was using.

Noticed some question regarding MS looking up ammo for a 9mm and making arrangements to meet someone at a Shoppers on May 18th. Was this the meeting to sell the gun to "Bleach"? Was he looking up ammo to tell a prospective buyer where to purchase some online?

MOO

I agree, and it is also almost impossible to turn cash into a mortgage payment, as it was mentioned there was a mortgage on the hanger. JMPO

Since DM was such a "social" guy who loved to host BBQ pool parties, I'd love to know if he hosted one on the Canada Day long weekend in 2012 and who all attended. I guess we'll find out during the LB trial.

When it is suggested that these "minions" of DM know more than they're saying, my mind always goes back to that weekend and what we believe may be the first "BBQ" event that may have involved a victim.

Hoping that whatever conversations that could not be retrieved on MS's devices were picked up from DM's IPhone and we get a clearer picture on Monday. Makes sense why MS used that IPad I messaging system if many of his contacts, including DM and likely MM were using iPhones and he was using a Blackberry. Especially if he didn't have a package plan on any of the phones he was using.

Noticed some question regarding MS looking up ammo for a 9mm and making arrangements to meet someone at a Shoppers on May 18th. Was this the meeting to sell the gun to "Bleach"? Was he looking up ammo to tell a prospective buyer where to purchase some online?

MOO
yup, or he had some and wanted to know how much to tack on to the bill. MOO (i suppose unless they are not worth much. (?))

I don't buy that. AM felt protected because for the first time in his life he was living away from his parents and doing what he wanted. Money wasn't much of an issue for him because he didn't seem to be paying for rent, food or drugs. Life was good. Millard was confident, didn't let people tell him what to do or how to live his life, and that probably appealed to someone like AM.

The thefts that he admitted he was involved in (I'm sure there were many more) and which apparently started in Oct 2011 according to AM, happened while AM was still living at home. He had only been living at Maplegate for 5 weeks prior to the murder. But he did claim to hang out with DM at the house at least 3-4 times per week prior to moving in.

So he felt "protected" from the law when doing missions with DM because DM had likely been doing a LOT of illegal things for a very long time without being caught because of who he was and his family connections. LE don't seem to focus on what rich kids are doing because they associate crime with poverty and need. This case should be a wake up call to them IMO.

MOO

Oh, and for the record, I never believed MS buried a gun in the forest. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't ring true.

Agree. The gun is buried in the enchanted forest, next to the pink rabbit poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow