Newlyweds Met While Fleeing Katrina

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Howard Chenevert and Julie Morgan met at a staging area for evacuees of Hurricane Katrina beside Interstate 10 after floodwaters forced them from their New Orleans homes. They got to know each other on a bus ride to a shelter in Houston.

They got married on Sept. 19 in Lake Charles, La., where a relative offered them a place to stay until Hurricane Rita closed in.

Their honeymoon has been at a motel in Irondale, a Birmingham suburb, courtesy of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which has put them up for the past two weeks.

The new bride said she noticed from the start that her fellow evacuee was a gentleman.

"He carried my suitcase for me when the buses picked us up beside I-10," she said in Friday's Birmingham News.

Chenevert, 52, who had never married, and Morgan, 48, whose husband died a few years ago, lived about three miles from each other in New Orleans.

On the ride to Houston, they sat next to each other. She was surprised at how freely she talked with him.

"After my husband died, I didn't talk to another man," she said.

Link
[/font]

Casshew said:
[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Howard Chenevert and Julie Morgan met at a staging area for evacuees of Hurricane Katrina beside Interstate 10 after floodwaters forced them from their New Orleans homes. They got to know each other on a bus ride to a shelter in Houston.

They got married on Sept. 19 in Lake Charles, La., where a relative offered them a place to stay until Hurricane Rita closed in.

Their honeymoon has been at a motel in Irondale, a Birmingham suburb, courtesy of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, which has put them up for the past two weeks.

The new bride said she noticed from the start that her fellow evacuee was a gentleman.

"He carried my suitcase for me when the buses picked us up beside I-10," she said in Friday's Birmingham News.

Chenevert, 52, who had never married, and Morgan, 48, whose husband died a few years ago, lived about three miles from each other in New Orleans.

On the ride to Houston, they sat next to each other. She was surprised at how freely she talked with him.

"After my husband died, I didn't talk to another man," she said.

Link
[/font]
I guess I am somewhat cynical. The world is not a safe place anymore. I pray for her sake that things are as they seem.

I agree with you. I know that you can't say how long it takes to fall in love (my husband and I said it after a week and we turned out great) but to be in such an emotional state already.... I hope neither of them are con men. But hey, maybe they are both con men and will make a great team LOL...

The met during Katrina so they have known each other for 2 months?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back