691 users online (83 members and 608 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

VA - Nicole Clardy Mittendorff, 31, Woodbridge, 13 April 2016 - #1

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Oh I hope they find her safe and sound, quickly. This must be a nightmare for her family. Prayers sent.

The poster doesn't say how old she is ... that information should be included on a missing poster. The picture looks like a woman in her 30s, but the logo says help save the next girl. Is this a missing girl, or a missing woman. If it is a missing woman, what are the circumstances surrounding her disappearance?

I had to reorganize the information to make sense of it. Her date of birth is still missing. Accurate information makes a big difference in terms of whether people remember anything. Is that her normal hair color, or did she change if often?

• missing: Nicole (Clardy) Mittendorff
    • when: Weds, 13 April 2016 11AM
    • where: Northern Virginia
    • date of birth: 1985

• last contact: text messages, 10:50AM
    • vehicle description: cream colored Mini with black roof, Clubman version with double doors on the back
    • vehicle license tag: WLT-1843, Virginia plate

Who is she:
    - extremely dedicated to her job and didn't show for a Friday morning changeover
    - likes to compete in multi sport events such as triathlons, and may have been going to train on a trail

If you have any information, please call:
    Virginia State Police 804-674-2000
    Special Agent Blosser at 703-803-0027
    Special Agent Elliot at 703-803-0028

Please share this post to get it prominently out to anybody who can help us find the car and make a huge contribution."
    Last edited by otto; 04-16-2016 at 08:55 PM.

According to her athlete profile on this crossfit website, she is 31.
    http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/692148

Can we map out her home, her last location, and the areas where she did crossfit and off trail adventures?
    If we have the addresses, I can map it.
    Last edited by otto; 04-16-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Her husband is a VA State Trooper, which is why the statement is probably coming from her dad.

ETA: I think he is or has been in the past, the Public Information Officer for VSP.
    Last edited by Zuri; 04-16-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Her wedding blog was delightful and they are/were registered for baby gifts. She sounds incredibly smart and athletic and I really hope they find her car, so they can find her. Have they issued a Silver Alert or whatever they do for missing young women?

Nicole's sister responded to my message. The family knew about the nasty posts. They do not think her disappearance is related. Nicole's family (including her husband) is running her Find Nicole FB page.

Quote Originally Posted by trixandhoney View Post
    Nicole's sister responded to my message. The family knew about the nasty posts. They do not think her disappearance is related. Nicole's family (including her husband) is running her Find Nicole FB page.
    I just finished reading there... Sounds like a bunch of gossip from people with a lot of time on their hands. And no mention there of her disappearance either.

As time is of the essence, I am assuming they are looking at places she was seen last or known to run. I wish there was more that I could do. Thanks for updating us.

I expect this to become a rather high profile case.

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Not everyone subscribes to social media. Could you please provide more information about this woman, and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance?

Thanks
    I see this a lot. Not singling you out Otto, but I've been meaning to mention it. When links to Facebook are posted here, anyone can view them. You do not have to have a Facebook account to view public Facebook links. Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Can we map out her home, her last location, and the areas where she did crossfit and off trail adventures?
    If we have the addresses, I can map it.
    Thanks everyone for the information. Otto, that would be great if you could map this if you get more info.

The Virginia State Police has always been very efficient and thorough in the other cases I have seen here.

Hoping for Nicole's safe return. I wonder if she might have had a motor vehicle accident. If so, time is really of essence as she could be injured (time is of essence in any situation, but ykwim...)

What are the current weather conditions? Any news on current searches?

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast