GUILTY UK - Elizabeth, 49, & Katie Edwards, 13, slain, Spalding, Lincs, 15 April 2016

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Two 14-year-olds have been charged with murdering a woman and her daughter found dead at a house in Lincolnshire.

The victims - 49-year-old school dinner lady Elizabeth Edwards, known as Liz, and her 13-year-old daughter Katie - were found in Spalding on Friday afternoon.

The two youths will appear at Lincoln Magistrates' Court on Monday. Lincolnshire Police did not reveal the genders of the pair.

More in today's Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-children-aged-14-charged-with-killing-schoo/

I was just reading about this, wth is going on with our youth? Seems to be a lot of high profile crimes committed by young teens lately

A married older sister has commented on social media, that her younger sister Kim and her boyfriend are responsible. Tragic.

We need to be careful whaty we say until/unless the accused are named in media.

"Detectives confirmed that two people have been arrested in connection with the murder inquiry, and are appealing for sightings of suspicious activity near the victims' home."

The cause of death is still not confirmed and supposably the lady's name is Elizabeth Edwards (49) and the daughter Katie (13)
Found stabbed in home in Lincolnshire
Link to picture: http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/590x/Spalding-double-murder-661686.jpg

The accused are both age 14, both will appear before the Magistrates Court on 4/18/16

"She was quite well-known because she worked at a primary school and what has happened is just unbelievable. Katie was lovely too but very quiet." Says a women about Elizabeth
This means the teens could be former students of Elizabeth Edwards at the school she worked at seeing they are 14 and primary only goes up to 11 in England
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/66...suspected-double-murder-Spalding-Lincolnshire

A married older sister has commented on social media, that her younger sister Kim and her boyfriend are responsible. Tragic.

Uh-oh. Domestic?
Which article/site was it on please, so I can go and read.

EDIT I found KE and her boyf LM on FB and also in a police report about them running away last October.

I'm fairly sure* that if revealing the relationship of the arrested minor(s) to the victim, it as good as identifies them, it would be considered contempt of court.

*Not positive, though.

Let's avoid saying any more until after tomorrow's hearing. If they're identified then, we can probably proceed?

Let's avoid saying any more until after tomorrow's hearing. If they're identified then, we can probably proceed?

I wonder if they will be named? The 13 and 14 year old girls that murdered Angela Wrightson (trial last week) are still not allowed to be identified by the media, even post-sentence. Mind you, I get the impression they were in the care system so there'll be red tape there. In this latest case it will be hard for the names to be kept secret, given we already have a clue.

First court appearance:

A 14-year-old boy and girl have appeared in court charged with the murders of a school dinner lady and her 13-year-old daughter in Spalding.

The girl, who was dressed in a grey top and blue jeans is accused of murdering Elizabeth Edwards, 49, and her youngest daughter Katie Edwards, 13, whose bodies were discovered at their semi-detached home in Spalding on Friday, April 15.

She is jointly alleged to have carried out the murders with a 14-year-old boy who appeared alongside her in a packed court room number four at Lincoln Youth Court wearing a blue sweatshirt.

The pair, who cannot be named because of their ages, stood in the glass panelled dock flanked by security officers as the clerk of the court first asked the boy to confirm his name, date of birth and address.

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2016/04/boy-girl-14-appear-court-charged-two-spalding-murders/

Wow. Why murder them? Ugh. They are 14. How horrible could their life be? So sad😢

To be honest the girl has virtually been named by omission, given Liz had three daughters and only two have been given any mention in the media. Never mind what the family and local rumour has said.

Sadly I think this will be a revenge/thrill kill, tied to previous events.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back