1169 users online (224 members and 945 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

RI - Alicia Storti, 21, URI student, South County, 15 April 2016

Police, family search for missing college student

Police are searching for a missing University of Rhode Island student.

South Kingstown police say Alicia Storti was last seen on Thursday in South County.
    https://m.facebook.com/alicia.storti

http://wpri.com/2016/04/16/police-fa...llege-student/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Hoping and praying she is found safe.

http://m.providencejournal.com/news/...ssing-woman-21

According to this, she was last seen Friday morning.
    Seems all the locals news stations are picking it up which is different from most missing people cases around here.

http://turnto10.com/news/local/south...-missing-woman

The part about her having no wallet and no cell phone with her is the scary thing

Quote Originally Posted by BrianL42384 View Post
    The part about her having no wallet and no cell phone with her is the scary thing
    Agreed and the articles aren't giving any details...who had she been with, what was her state of mind, was a car available to her......etc.

Talk about a lack of info! Did she live with roommates in Wakefield or with her family? For those not familiar with URI, most upperclassmen live off campus in houses rented with friends. URI is in a quiet area of RI near beautiful beaches. I was fortunate to graduate from URI (admittedly several years ago in 1999) and never once felt unsafe there or in the surrounding towns.

Very worried about this young woman. According to the missing person's poster (attached), which I found on the FB missing page, Alicia took her cell phone with her, but it has been turned off, though I should also point out that I am still seeing conflicting reports by MSM as to whether she has her phone.

It is very worrisome that according to the FB page, the starting point for the search today is a pond that is located inside a state park ("Arcadia Beach Pond Recreation Area" at Beach Pond State Park; it looks massive on google maps ... a quick google search shows that the "pond" consists of approximately 430 acres) that is a 30- to 40-minute drive away from where she was last seen. It has been reported that Alicia left on foot, and I am not seeing any means of public transportation to get to Beach Pond from South Kingstown, so I wonder how she would have gotten there, and about the reason as to why the searchers are focusing on this area ....

12986996_1593239260993096_6033276980921964512_n.jpg

This makes no sense at all.

Transportation is missing on foot? But they are searching a pond that's 30-40 mins away? It would take her hours to walk from Wakefield to ct border.

My guess is the phone last pinged there... But how did she get there? Not to mention, why a pond in westerly when there's miles and miles of ocean right near URI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one's not making much sense to me - so little info including where she was last seen, when & by whom. Not to mention why the pond area is being searched

I'm reading that her mom has gone missing looking for her - I hope she's ok too!
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

Rest in peace sweet Chance Walsh Lonzie Barton

UK Case Index

Occam's Razor - "of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred"

Are you kidding me?!

Alicia Storti's family searching area because family friend in Florida had a premonition she was by Route 165 @NBC10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little bit more info from http://patch.com/rhode-island/narrag...ssing-ri-woman

"last seen carrying just her cell phone at around midnight Thursday." and "possibly wearing purple and gray sweatpants when she left her house and was not carrying a wallet."
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

UK Case Index

Occam's Razor - "of two competing theories, the simpler explanation of an entity is to be preferred"

Ahh mum has been located thankfully http://turnto10.com/news/local/south...-missing-woman
    Where are you?
    DeOrr Kunz Jr
    Leona Wright
    Crystal Rogers
    Baby Willow

UK Case Index

I live in Rhode Island and there really is not much news. There was a search today. But no updating.
    ~Peace, love and chocolate!

So she left her house at midnight with just a cell phone?
    Sounds like she ran out to meet someone.
    IMO JMO
    -------------------------------------------
    Find Heather
    Find Eric Lee Franks
    https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks?ref=bookmarks

"Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one." Mikayoyo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast