Bosma Murder Trial 04.18.16 - Day 36

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News
Colin Butler CBC Toronto News
Lisa Hepfner CHCH News Reporter

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Tim Bosma trial: forensic computer experts to testify
CBC News Posted: Apr 18, 2016

tim-bosma.jpg

Jurors are expected to hear from forensic computer experts who will testify about what they found on the cell phones belonging to Dellen Millard and Mark Smich.

​On Thursday, Millard's friend Andrew Michalski told the jury that Millard stole a Bobcat tractor and a Harley-Davidson motorcycle "for the thrill of it."

Follow our live coverage starting at 10 a.m.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

The Star Live Blog

Court now underway. Just waiting on the jury.
by Adam Carter 10:03 AM

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 17s18 seconds ago
Just listening to a few rulings- than more testimony on what was found on DM devices. @AM900CHML #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s10 seconds ago
Starting with legal arguments in absence of the jury today at Tim #Bosma murder trial.

Thanks for the tweets to all those sharing them with us today! :loveyou: We'd be lost without you.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Starting this am with legal arguments before the jury returns. #Bosma

We're dealing with some legal issues right now. I can't talk about what's happening until the jury is in the room.
by Adam Carter 10:18 AM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Also, I realized we didn't do legal arguments Friday. We didn't sit at all that day. Sometimes it's a blur...

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 41s41 seconds ago
#Bosma trial starting with legal arguments. Day's story 6pm @CHCHNews; I will tweet when the jury is here.

Closing for a few and I'll open up the other thread. You'd think I would have learned by now.

The jury is now being recalled. Underway shortly.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

Ontario Provincial Police forensic computer analyst Michael Ryder is back this morning for cross-examination.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
#Bosma jury coming in. Michael Ryder back on the stand. He examined seized tech devices for police.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Jury back. Officer Ryder back for cross exam. AM900CHML #timbosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Mike Ryder, @OPP_News forensic data analyst is back on the stand for cross examination. Jury is back in. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 57s58 seconds ago
Jury enters courtroom. Michael Ryder returns to the witness box for cross examination by Millard lawyer Ravin Pillay. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Jury is back. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 29s29 seconds ago
Ravin Pillay is on his feet for Millard. Showing Ryder, who is a civilian, an extraction report. #Bosma

Millard's lawyer Ravin Pillay is cross-examining.
by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

Pillay showing an extraction report from the iPad found at Smich's home.
by Adam Carter 11:16 AM

It's a rap: "Never lonely, it's jut me & my chrome piece, I'm holding the cards I was dealt... I'm never folding. The one & only .... SAY10, it's no fony [sic]. My 380 iz NO stranger."
by Adam Carter 11:17 AM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 27s27 seconds ago
Michael Ryder, from OPP's technical crime unit (he did the cell phone: iPad extractions) is back up for cross-examination. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9s9 seconds ago
Ravin Pillay (for Millard) is up first. He's showing him an extraction report from the iPad seized from Smich's house. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 2m2 minutes ago
Jury shown rap lyric from smichs ipad. July 7th-2012 @AM900CHML #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
"Mark's iPad" it was called. Seeing a doc - a rap - found on the iPad. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
July 7, 2012. From Mark's IPad: "Never lonely, its just me & my chrome piece, Im holding the cards I was dealt..

"never lonely it's just me and my chrome piece / I'm holding the cards I was dealt I'm never folding / the one and only say10 it's no phony"

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Jury seeing something written into marks iPad: "never lonely, it's just me and my chrome piece" ... And "my 380 is no stranger." #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
...Im never folding The One & Only...Say 10...its no fony...My 380 is no stranger."

Another line we see: "my 380 iz no stranger." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Rap verses on #Smich device: Never lonely, its just me & my chrome piece, I’m holding the cards i was dealt... im never folding... #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
"Never lonely. just me + my chrome piece I'm holding. The cards I was dealt,I'm never folding. The 1 + only. Say 10. My 380 is no stranger.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 46s46 seconds ago
Now seeing photo from BlackBerry media card. March 31, 2012, 7:43 am. Shows pink mendi-style drawing on hand, says Say10.

Court now seeing a photo from the Blackberry found at Smich's home.
by Adam Carter 11:18 AM

The picture looks like the words SAY10 written on someone's hand in a graffiti kind of style.
by Adam Carter 11:20 AM

That's it for cross-examination, Smich's lawyers have no questions. Ryder now excused.
by Adam Carter 11:20 AM

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 31s31 seconds ago
Next up is a photo taken back in March 2012. It shows a hand, with some sort of illustration (in marker?)that says "SAY10" on it. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 46s47 seconds ago
Photo on #Smich BBerry shows hand with ink-like markings, stylized "SAY 10" - Smich nickname. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 35s36 seconds ago
That's it for Pillay. Nothing from Smich's defence team. No re-exam from Crown. Witness is excused. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 41s42 seconds ago
That's it for Pillay. No questions from Smich's team. No reexamination by Crown. Ryder is done. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 22s23 seconds ago
Jury now seeing a doodle on someone's hand that says "SAY10" the photo was taken by the Blackberry seized by police. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 42s43 seconds ago
Image of hand tattoo. Appears only in red marker. Says "say 10" marks ipad. @AM900CHML #TimBosma ryder is done. break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa