688 users online (89 members and 599 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #1

Missy Bevers was murdered this morning in Dallas around 4 am as she was preparing for her Gladiator's group.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2606128

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."
    Last edited by Blondie in Spokane; 04-18-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Dallas - Fitness Instructor Murdered in Church by Man in SWAT Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Missy Bevers was murdered this morning in Dallas around 4 am as she was preparing for her Gladiator's group.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2606128

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."
    This is my old church home. It's just right down the road from me. It's very sad, I do not believe she was a member I believe she was just a trainer who has been offering classes at the church. So sad.

From same ^ link, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2606128

" “We are exploring all possibilities," Smith said at an afternoon news conference. "It’s just an odd, random situation that they would happen to come into a building that’s being burglarized on a Monday morning. But all scenarios are on the table right now.” "

"Bevers' husband was out of town Monday morning and traveled home after hearing what happened, according to the police department.
    "

Sad, sad, sad. RIP Ms Bevers. Thoughts & prayers for your family & friends.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/125249531-story

This is our local broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Paralegal

Quote Originally Posted by al66pine View Post
    From same ^ link, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2606128

" “We are exploring all possibilities," Smith said at an afternoon news conference. "It’s just an odd, random situation that they would happen to come into a building that’s being burglarized on a Monday morning. But all scenarios are on the table right now.” "

"Bevers' husband was out of town Monday morning and traveled home after hearing what happened, according to the police department.
    "

Sad, sad, sad. RIP Ms Bevers. Thoughts & prayers for your family & friends.
    Her poor husband, being out of town and having something so horrible occur...

This is local to me. LOTS of speculation in FB comments that the suspect in combat gear looks like a woman in the video. I can see it. I'm going with the theory that she was probably targeted. :-( Just unlikely someone would rob a church at am dressed like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCMom View Post
    This is local to me. LOTS of speculation in FB comments that the suspect in combat gear looks like a woman in the video. I can see it. I'm going with the theory that she was probably targeted. :-( Just unlikely someone would rob a church at am dressed like that.

Interesting you commented on the thought it is a woman. That thought crossed my mind as I watched the video.

Fitness trainer, 45, 'murdered at church by suspect wearing police SWAT gear after she walked in on an attempted burglary'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz46EVdAgSd
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TCMom View Post

BBM

Especially at 4am, when the video shows the suspect on tape! Nobody would be there except a church mouse....unless you knew about the training class.

I agree now that I've watched the video a few times.....it does look like it could be a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    I agree now that I've watched the video a few times.....it does look like it could be a woman.
    I agree.

I watched the video before reading the thread, and I thought the person in the outfit looked barrel-chested. It didn't occur to me it could be a female, but now that I look again, I think that is a very strong possibility....and would explain why a full get-up like that was used. If female, she thought people would assume male.

JMO.

How hard is it to get an outfit like that? Can anyone tell if it's real or a costume-store version?

Quote Originally Posted by Inthedetails View Post
    I agree.

I watched the video before reading the thread, and I thought the person in the outfit looked barrel-chested. It didn't occur to me it could be a female, but now that I look again, I think that is a very strong possibility....and would explain why a full get-up like that was used. If female, she thought people would assume male.

JMO.

How hard is it to get an outfit like that? Can anyone tell if it's real or a costume-store version?
    It's not that hard. You can buy the jackets you just have to provide the correct credentials if you want a patch for Dallas or Midlothian but they will sell the jacket without the patch.

That person is short compared to the door. If the door is 80 - 84 inches tall, that person looks a little over 5 feet. I think it's a woman. Missy posted on Facebook the night before, April 17 at 7:55 pm, the time and place of the workout. Missy stated she had to get up at 3:30 am to prepare for the 5 am workout. She has 1861 friends on Facebook, but it's public so anyone could see the workout time. The killer roamed the church for a half hour before Missy showed up. Pretty clear Missy was targeted.
    It's just moo!

Quote Originally Posted by JHarlin View Post
    It's not that hard. You can buy the jackets you just have to provide the correct credentials if you want a patch for Dallas or Midlothian but they will sell the jacket without the patch.
    Did this one have a patch? I can't access the video now and can only see the stills. I'm not seeing a patch?

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast