TN - 13 mo. old left in hot car as mom auditions at Nashville strip club 4/15/16 (

kimi_SFC

Reaction score
Child rescued from hot car outside Nashville strip club; 2 women arrested

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A mother and her friend were arrested after her 13-month-old daughter was allegedly left in a hot car while auditioning on stage at an adult entertainment club in downtown Nashville.

According to a Metro police, Kelsey McMurtry, 24, was auditioning at Deja Vu Showgirls on Demonbreun Street and left her young daughter in the back of a car with the windows rolled up around 4 p.m.

McMurtry’s 19-year-old friend, Summer Taylor, was supposed to have been watching the child, but instead, was inside the club watching McMurtry’s audition, according to an arrest warrant.
[...]
23215a9d3e086e5168ad62970fbd87b2.jpg

Kelsey McMurtry (Courtesy: Metro Nashville Police Department)
Taylor allegedly told police she had been coming back to check on the child but witnesses reported never seeing the woman leave the club.

Witnesses estimated the child had been in the car for about 30 minutes.

The arresting officer noted in the warrant it was 72 degrees outside and the temperature inside the car was likely over 100 degrees.

The little girl was reportedly wearing a heavy coat and drenched in sweat when she was removed from the car.

She was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The Department of Children’s Services were called to the scene and hospital to care for the child.
[...]

McMurtry was also charged with criminal impersonation for initially lying to officers about her identity. Also, she did not have a valid driver’s license.
6061c3a5ce4c6c4e74f8e23e0d09c198.jpg

Summer Taylor (Courtesy: Metro Nashville Police Department)
Taylor’s bond was set at $10,000 and McMurtry’s bond was set at $40,000. Both women are due in court April 18.

Embedded video & More@Link
http://wkrn.com/2016/04/15/child-rescued-from-hot-car-outside-nashville-strip-club-2-women-arrested/

The smiling mugshot makes me :stormingmad:!!! I hope this precious baby is able to fully recover, and is able to find the safe and loving home she deserves! There's simply NO excuse for any of this! :no:

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Child rescued from hot car outside Nashville strip club; 2 women arrested

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A mother and her friend were arrested after her 13-month-old daughter was allegedly left in a hot car while auditioning on stage at an adult entertainment club in downtown Nashville.

According to a Metro police, Kelsey McMurtry, 24, was auditioning at Deja Vu Showgirls on Demonbreun Street and left her young daughter in the back of a car with the windows rolled up around 4 p.m.

McMurtry’s 19-year-old friend, Summer Taylor, was supposed to have been watching the child, but instead, was inside the club watching McMurtry’s audition, according to an arrest warrant.
[...]
23215a9d3e086e5168ad62970fbd87b2.jpg

Kelsey McMurtry (Courtesy: Metro Nashville Police Department)
Taylor allegedly told police she had been coming back to check on the child but witnesses reported never seeing the woman leave the club.

Witnesses estimated the child had been in the car for about 30 minutes.

The arresting officer noted in the warrant it was 72 degrees outside and the temperature inside the car was likely over 100 degrees.

The little girl was reportedly wearing a heavy coat and drenched in sweat when she was removed from the car.

She was taken to a local hospital for treatment. The Department of Children’s Services were called to the scene and hospital to care for the child.
[...]

McMurtry was also charged with criminal impersonation for initially lying to officers about her identity. Also, she did not have a valid driver’s license.
6061c3a5ce4c6c4e74f8e23e0d09c198.jpg

Summer Taylor (Courtesy: Metro Nashville Police Department)
Taylor’s bond was set at $10,000 and McMurtry’s bond was set at $40,000. Both women are due in court April 18.

Embedded video & More@Link
http://wkrn.com/2016/04/15/child-rescued-from-hot-car-outside-nashville-strip-club-2-women-arrested/

The smiling mugshot makes me :stormingmad:!!! I hope this precious baby is able to fully recover, and is able to find the safe and loving home she deserves! There's simply NO excuse for any of this! :no:

:(

This is ridiculous!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I feel bad for the mother. She was irresponsible but she must have been desperate in finding a way to support her child as a single mother with no father in the picture. Her friend is despicable.

I feel bad for the baby. She must have been desperate to find a way out of that hot car. Poor little baby girl.

I feel bad for the baby. She must have been desperate to find a way out of that hot car. Poor little baby girl.

My heart breaks for the little girl! That must have been the longest half an hour of her life! She was bundled up and locked in - AND left all alone! How could they?

I just can't excuse the choices that were made!

:eek:verreaction:

Unbelievable. These situations leave me dumbfounded!

Can't we please bundle these 2 s**t for brains into the back of a cop car with coats and rolled up windows for 30 minutes in the sun and call it a day?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Is that the same child? So authorities let her keep the child?

Further down the reporter comments that a statement from child services says the child is in state custody. Thank goodness.

And further, the "mom" didn't bolt and run from the babysitter to go to work. She went out to a bar. And just so happened to be picked up for public intoxication the same day.

I'm glad she doesn't have custody. Clearly the first charge didn't scare her into cleaning up her act!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My heart breaks for the little girl! That must have been the longest half an hour of her life! She was bundled up and locked in - AND left all alone! How could they?

I just can't excuse the choices that were made!

:eek:verreaction:

And half an hour seems much much longer to a baby that it seems to an adult. Time goes quicker the older you get.

It must have seemed like an eternity for the poor little baby [emoji20]

I find the sentencing for these type of crimes to be very lenient. I will attempt to f/u when the outcome is available.

Let's just pray that the child can excape from this so called MOTHER with the help of child protective services!

Let's just pray that the child can excape from this so called MOTHER with the help of child protective services!

I don't know about that ... unless responsible family members can be found for the child to be raised by, or a foster situation that becomes a permanent adoption, children who are left in foster care have pretty awful outcomes.

I don't know about that ... unless responsible family members can be found for the child to be raised by, or a foster situation that becomes a permanent adoption, children who are left in foster care have pretty awful outcomes.

Yeah, true! A relative would be ideal.

Seems to be the definition of an unfit mother.

IMO adoption would be the best outcome for this baby.

she wasn't returning the sitter's calls because she was doing her 4 hour detox after being picked up for public intox, im thinking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back