IN IN - Ronli Ratliff, 24, Mooresville, 15 April 2004

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Killer set fire to home to cover tracks in Morgan County cold case homicide, investigators say

ronli-ratilff-fox59.jpg

Twelve years ago, a 24-year-old Morgan County woman was found dead after a fire that was set to cover up a violent crime.
http://fox59.com/2016/04/15/killer-...-county-cold-case-homicide-investigators-say/

Jeffrey Voss, the man who confessed to murdering Christina Tedder has also been talked about as a possible person of interest in this case.

Voss' criminal history includes three counts of criminal confinement in Vigo County, armed robbery in Lake County and Marion County. He also has eight convictions of criminal confinement in Marion County along with attempted armed robbery. Voss also has another four counts of criminal confinement in Marion county.

Voss is also a person of interest in two unsolved murders. In Hendricks County, detectives questioned him about the murder of Buffie Rae Brawley. Morgan County Investigators also have questions for Voss about Ronli Ratliff's murder.

The killer handcuffed and unclothed those victims too.
http://www.wthr.com/story/2741159/kidnapped-girl-laid-to-rest

Who killed Ronli Ratliff? Mooresville cold case gains momentum
Several miles away, in a sheriff’s office conference room, a cold case team of five retired investigators and an administrative assistant gathered on a Sunday afternoon to talk about a homicide that has haunted Morgan County for 18 years.
Retired FBI agent John Gray is confident investigators know who the killer is.
“I think we’ve talked to the killer, in my opinion, throughout the investigation. They have been interviewed,” he said. “My key guy, if you will, is living homeless in Speedway until we indict him and arrest him for the murder itself. He’s long been a suspect, he’s still into narcotics.”
(upon analyzing her computer HD)
“We assume she was searching dating websites, and there was a piece of paper in front of that computer that was collected as evidence, and she had written down a name and an address. I have researched that name and address and came up with that individual, and that individual has moved something like 47 times within the last few years,” said Riffel. “There were some other things in that computer that I found that was strange for her to research, and that research was done days prior to the homicide.”

'I'm doing it for Ronli': Aunt brings attention to 19-year-old unsolved murder

"I'm not going to stop. I'm doing it for Ronli," Kim West Sink said as she set up a memorial to her late niece, Ronli K. Ratliff.

It was 19 years ago Saturday that Ratliff was found in her burning home outside of Mooresville. At first, investigators thought she died in the fire but closer examination showed she had been murdered and the fire was an attempt to cover it up.

Ratliff was 24 years old.

Investigators worked for days trying to come up with a motive and a suspect. They have not commented on a motive and no suspect was ever disclosed.

The county now has a cold case unit looking into the murder.

For Sink, Ratliff's aunt on her mother's side, it comes down to a promise she made that day. "When they took Ronli's body out, I made her a promise I would help find the person who did this to her."

For 19 years, Sink has not stopped in her efforts to keep Ratliff's name out in the public, making sure she is not forgotten.

Sink's family, she said mostly "just want to forget."

Some, she said, are unhappy with her efforts to keep Ratliff's memory alive. "They don't like it being brought up," she said.

Sink has her own ideas about what happened the morning leading up to Ratliff's death. Sink said she has discussed those ideas with investigators but, to date, nothing has come from them.

For Sink, Saturday's anniversary is a chance to get people talking.

"Someone knows something, something that will solve the case," she said.

Sink began setting up her memorial around 11 a.m. and planned to stay until dark. She has to take some of the keepsake items with her.

"Things keep disappearing from Ronli's grave," she said.

"I want justice for Ronli," she said.

There is a Facebook group dedicated to Ratliff's case called "Justice for Ronli Ratliff."

Murder Sheet put up a podcast on Ronli today

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back