AZ AZ - Eddie Hutchison, 26, Dewey Peters, 26, Crystal Allison, 21, 12 April 1998

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
At the heart of the debate over voice-stress analysis is the possibility that innocent people will confess to crimes they never committed.

Consider what happened in June 2003, when Maricopa County sheriff's detectives developed a lead on one of their biggest unsolved murder cases.

A woman told investigators that 51-year-old machinist Robert Louis Armstrong was the triggerman in a triple homicide that occurred on Easter 1998.

The informer purportedly passed a Computer Voice Stress Analyzer test.

Armstrong, with a history of brain damage and drug abuse, had no idea why he was picked up for questioning. He denied knowing victims Ronald Hutchinson, Dewey Peters and Crystal Allison, who were gunned down while enjoying beer and a bonfire along the Agua Fria River bottom.

He swore that he was visiting his mother in Oregon.

Detectives told Armstrong he got the date wrong. They had physical evidence and a witness. They showed Armstrong pictures of the bloodied victims. They suggested he must have blacked out, and offered scenarios to explain his involvement.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1010voicestress-side.html

How an ABC15 investigation led one woman to demand detectives try again to solve her sister's murder

PHOENIX - The Agua Fria River bottom is still haunted by one of the Valley's worst unsolved murders.

"There is somebody out there that is still walking around that killed three people, brutally killed three people", said Kelly Ramsay, the sister of murder victim Crystal Allison.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/local...ctives-try-again-to-solve-her-sister's-murder

At the heart of the debate over voice-stress analysis is the possibility that innocent people will confess to crimes they never committed.

Consider what happened in June 2003, when Maricopa County sheriff's detectives developed a lead on one of their biggest unsolved murder cases.

A woman told investigators that 51-year-old machinist Robert Louis Armstrong was the triggerman in a triple homicide that occurred on Easter 1998.

The informer purportedly passed a Computer Voice Stress Analyzer test.

Armstrong, with a history of brain damage and drug abuse, had no idea why he was picked up for questioning. He denied knowing victims Ronald Hutchinson, Dewey Peters and Crystal Allison, who were gunned down while enjoying beer and a bonfire along the Agua Fria River bottom.

He swore that he was visiting his mother in Oregon.

Detectives told Armstrong he got the date wrong. They had physical evidence and a witness. They showed Armstrong pictures of the bloodied victims. They suggested he must have blacked out, and offered scenarios to explain his involvement.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1010voicestress-side.html
Ron Hutchison is my best friends cousin. This has haunted her family.

Hello to all of you. My name is Chloemae and I was a very close friend to Crystal Allison and her family. I was invited by her to go that weekend because she was celebrating having just turned 21 years old. I wasn't able to go and I asked her not to go either. I told her I had a sick feeling about it and that if she went we would never see her again or that something really bad was going to happen. To this day that haunts me. I can't stop thinking that I could have stopped her from going somehow but then I realize I would have found a way to go anyway...and I wouldn't be sitting here writing this thread now... I didn't know Ronald or Dewey but Crystal told me a lot about Dewey. It was obvious they were in love and she seemed so happy.

Crystal was always this upbeat, energetic, and had a hilariously dorky playful personality. God I miss her laughter and her smile. I miss her mom and I miss her sisters and her brother. She had another brother that was living abroad that I never met but Crystal looked up to him a lot.

I noticed that there was a thread on here about their case but when I did my search looking for the cold case updates I couldn't find any cold cases with her or Robert or Dewey. If anyone has any new information about this case please let me know. It has been a long while since I have been in contact with the family. With her anniversary having just gone by I just didn't want to try and reach out to Crystals sister until I received anything from here. Please if anyone has any new information, reach out to me and let me know. Thank you so much for seeing their case and posting about this before. It was truly a blessing to know there are people out there that are able to do what they can on their own time to try and bring justice to Crystal, Dewey, and Robert and to bring closure to their families.

Charges against Armstrong were dismissed and he was released after 14 months in August 2004.

At Google Books there is a segment about Armstrong's interrogation from "Innocent Until Interrogated" by Gary Stuart, starting at Page 286:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back