1301 users online (203 members and 1098 guests)  

Websleuths News

Woman Lies About Kidnapping to Avoid Date

Authorities say an 18-year-old Kentucky woman lied about being kidnapped to get out of a date with a man she met on the Internet. Missouri prosecutors said Laura Crews told her Internet acquaintance on Sept. 17 that she had flown to Kansas City from Kentucky. When the man whose name has not been released by authorities couldn't find her at the airport, he called her cell phone and Crews allegedly told him she had been abducted, raped, and stabbed and left bleeding along the highway.

The man called 911, and authorities from Kansas City and Platte County, Mo., spent several hours looking for the woman along Interstate 29 near the airport. Authorities began to realize that the kidnapping was a hoax when police traced the call to Crews' cell phone in Kentucky.

The manhunt cost thousands of dollars as police helicopters were deployed, investigators conducted a massive foot search and air traffic was diverted out of Kansas City International Airport. Crews' mother, Jennifer Brooks, told ABC News affiliate KMBC-TV in Kansas City that her daughter has a history of stretching the truth, but that she did not mean any harm.

"She has a very hard time being truthful about situations None of it was malicious; she's told a lot of tall tales in her life, but none of it has been malicious," Brooks said.

Brooks said she's baffled and heartbroken by her daughter's alleged actions and attributed her behavior to immaturity.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/LegalCe...d=89932&page=1

Ahhhh, a student of the Jennifer Wilbanks School of Abductions.

One more stupid thing and this woman qualifies for the set of steak knives. So young . . . so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    One more stupid thing and this woman qualifies for the set of steak knives. So young . . . so stupid.
    Don't give her a knife, she might hurt herself
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew
    Don't give her a knife, she might hurt herself

Hopefully she's just a late bloomer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Ahhhh, a student of the Jennifer Wilbanks School of Abductions.
    I thought the same thing........another gal with a BIG problem

It's not funny....but hubster and I are laughing about this one. That poor guy and all those searchers looking for her...that's not the funny part. Someone needs to just say NO!

I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

I laughed at this too.
    This young woman needs to be rebooted!

She is 18 and an adult, oh my goodness, when will she grown up.......I hope LE sticks her with the bill for all of the "expenses" they had looking for her.....

That may give her a "dose" of reality..........in real life and make her grown up just a little bit faster........

Since it seems to be getting popular, I'm gonna start using this one.

- I would have done the laundry, but I was kidnapped.

- I would have washed the bathroom floor, but I was kidnapped.

- I had to eat the whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia -- I was kidnapped, and trying to console myself.

- I didn't buy the $300 pair of shoes on my own -- I was kidnapped and forced to. And now I have to keep them for evidence.

LOL tired.old.hag .. too funny!

Thats what I think of her! Nutcase!

I feel for the guy, man, there are blow offs and then there are blow offs...
    "It seems that this is larger than I am. More than I can handle. Yet I know that I am being carried, for I am not strong enough to carry myself. I do not have the answers now but one day I will know and understand and maybe one day I will help to carry another." Joanne Cacciatore~

Quote Originally Posted by tired.old.hag
    Since it seems to be getting popular, I'm gonna start using this one.

- I would have done the laundry, but I was kidnapped.

- I would have washed the bathroom floor, but I was kidnapped.

- I had to eat the whole pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia -- I was kidnapped, and trying to console myself.

- I didn't buy the $300 pair of shoes on my own -- I was kidnapped and forced to. And now I have to keep them for evidence.

Thanks for the great laugh. I really needed that today...to funny.